Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yun blunt vs ibis

Default yun blunt vs ibis

Hi, anyone has tested which weapon gives more agro? The blunt of Yun or the ibis

The Yun blunt is ok, but the ibis is definitely better. Only weapon better than an ibis is the T4 sword.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

no

T3 crafted blunt is better then Ibis!
    In some situations is even better then T4 sword!

For TO: the yun is pretty nice weapon too!

I haven't tested thoroughly but I use yellow priest blunt in my tri-brid spec and ibis when I'm not feating general at all.

I think the hate helps more on the lower DPS build.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Both are very good.

The ibis is better as a pure dps weapon and really shines on mobs with little protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghola View Post
    no

T3 crafted blunt is better then Ibis!
    In some situations is even better then T4 sword!

For TO: the yun is pretty nice weapon too!
    Ibis is little easier to get than t3 blunt, suppose it is better, but its such a ugly weapon. If you had access to T4, should worry about that only. With the gems, I still think ibis is better than yun.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Ibis is little easier to get than t3 blunt, suppose it is better, but its such a ugly weapon. If you had access to T4, should worry about that only. With the gems, I still think ibis is better than yun.
    Depends on the fight, tbh. Bosses like Louhi or Yah Chieng(boss himself and not golems), the yellow priest blunt will be better because of the +hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Depends on the fight, tbh. Bosses like Louhi or Yah Chieng(boss himself and not golems), the yellow priest blunt will be better because of the +hate.
    When is a DT going to hold Louhi over a Guardian?

Another small benefit of the Yag blunt is the Strength for mitigation, though I like the ibis for moar dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    When is a DT going to hold Louhi over a Guardian?

Another small benefit of the Yag blunt is the Strength for mitigation, though I like the ibis for moar dps.
    Louhi is the one fight in T3 were I actually focus on dps and equip negative hate gear to not get agro on the fight (pyjama suit and tigers gear same the neg hate pieces still get the same problem) and hopefully be able to do more dps. Even with -3.2 hate I can still pull Louhi doing sub 1,800 dps, maybe I need more neg hate or less crit rating so I don't spike damage so much.

If anyone knows how to get more neg hate without going to bad gear and losing lots of dps can they PM me, I already have the fort talisman, melee dps cloak from SC, YP faction wrists and the blue shoulders but it's not enough neg hate and I'm not sure getting the purple YP shoulders will help either.

I have both.
    I have used Yun blunt (Blossoming Death) for long time before getting Ibis.

I haven't noticed an evident difference in aggro with both weapons, so aggro is comparable and you will not notice any difference in most situations.

Ibis will provide you a bit more DPS though, while Yun blunt will help you stay over 50% mitigation when using some Wisdom stuff, Tiger chest or Talisman for example.

If you can't have both, go with any of the two and you will be ok.

Also ofc hate increase will be useful when DPS is lowered for some reason.
    In the end, stats on Ybis blunt are more properly "tank stats", but we all know that 1% crit rating is better than 1% hate increase in most situation for DT to generate aggro (actually Ibis gives +0,75% Crit Rating when properly gemmed).
    Last edited by Calore; 11th June 2013 at 10:28.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast