Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faction thoughts

Default Faction thoughts

What is everyones opinion on the faction sets for PoMs? Recently returned to the game here. I'm guessing SC is the most popular for dps builds. What about the others?
    Last edited by Zhool; 10th June 2013 at 00:48. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zhool View Post
    What is everyones opinion on the faction sets for PoMs? Recently returned to the game here. I'm guessing SC is the most popular for dps builds. What about the others?
    If you don't care about heal rating, SC is the best stuff can get before T4.

I'm usually on main tank duty, so I need all tools possible - Shimmering Invocation is probably the best heal in the game and even Celestial Gaze can be handy in tight situations. But you'll want some decent heal rating for them to work.

Since I didn't want to farm too much (especially for stuff that will become completely irrelevant stat-wise), I went for a mix - http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....eQgJ0cyX3iUBiI

It gives you the highest crit stats available with faction gear and above average heal rating. You loose 140 magic damage, but with such low -hate... it's not exactly a bad thing. PoMs (and other mages) deal insane damage in T3+, so you will either have to limit your casting, limit magic damage or put some points in General for more aggro management. I run hybrid 99% of the time, so I screwed on aggro...

It's good to have other SC and Yag pieces to adjust protection (very important on a few encounters), heal rating and dps for specific encounters.

This worked for me for long months of raiding T3+ until I got my T4s.

Of course the heal rating from this mix won't be enough and you'll need the Tail (or equivalent) to swap for AA heals. I also used CC break for hr bonus.

IMO mixing SC and Yag is the way to go, you can totally disregard other sets.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 10th June 2013 at 08:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post

Since I didn't want to farm too much (especially for stuff that will become completely irrelevant stat-wise), I went for a mix - http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....eQgJ0cyX3iUBiI

It gives you the highest crit stats available with faction gear and above average heal rating. You loose 140 magic damage, but with such low -hate... it's not exactly a bad thing. PoMs (and other mages) deal insane damage in T3+, so you will either have to limit your casting, limit magic damage or put some points in General for more aggro management. I run hybrid 99% of the time, so I screwed on aggro...
    Why the SC hands over the YP hands? YP hands have more magic damage, more heal rating, more constitution and the same amount of crit rating. Only thing you lose is hit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Why the SC hands over the YP hands? YP hands have more magic damage, more heal rating, more constitution and the same amount of crit rating. Only thing you lose is hit rating.
    It's all luck based actually

YG hands will be easy because it's in KK. SC hands are harder, but I got them in 2nd run. YP? I've done Crowmen a lot of times, but never seen them drop...

Hit rating is very useful in T3,5 and T4. More of hit rating on armor means I can sacrifice a bit more on accessories if I need more survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    It's all luck based actually

YG hands will be easy because it's in KK. SC hands are harder, but I got them in 2nd run. YP? I've done Crowmen a lot of times, but never seen them drop...

Hit rating is very useful in T3,5 and T4. More of hit rating on armor means I can sacrifice a bit more on accessories if I need more survivability.
    Yea, but with full SC minus the hands, you can get an absurd amount of hit rating.

Yea, but with full SC minus the hands, you can get an absurd amount of hit rating.
    No amount of hit rating is absurd

You can slot +79 con and Chromatic Warding and still have nice bonus hit chance

What's considered a good magic damage amount? Average? I was considering stacking crit chance instead. Yea i wont do as much dps as stacking magic damage but stacking crit chance will also up my hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhool View Post
    What's considered a good magic damage amount? Average? I was considering stacking crit chance instead. Yea i wont do as much dps as stacking magic damage but stacking crit chance will also up my hps.
    Thing is...most of the gear etc that has a lot of crit rating, also has a lot of magic damage.

AoC doesn't have randomized stats, so dps gear will have all the needed stats.

If you'll have decent gear, you should have 1100-1200 magic damage and ~17 crit chance. In full T4 you will sit at ~1450 magic damage and ~20 crit chance.

Hp will always suck for PoM - we have the lowest health in the game. Full T4 is 7,1k, full faction is also somewhere around it. You should try to get T3 weapons and cloaks - they give some extra hp when needed.

Thing is...most of the gear etc that has a lot of crit rating, also has a lot of magic damage.
    I left out the point that I'm looking to stack crit chance without sacrificing heal rating. Hyrk gear? I don't remember exactly but I'm sitting at 9k health, 17% crit chance and around 2500 heal rating. Thats in Hyrk gear and the other faction accessories. But my dps is low. So high health, high heal rating, lower dps and same crit or go scarlet circle and have low health, low hr, high dps and same crit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast