Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom Merge needs to Happen soon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Trust me, I am impatient to see this happen as well. But we want to get it right so that it goes smoothly from the moment you log in after the merge.
    Yup good call, and thank you very much for the feedback.

Hope you're enjoying fatherhood
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

...and then making sure that archived (really old inactive characters) are given low priority during the merge.
    It would be win-win if those old inactive chars got so low priority that they got lost altogether.

I'm tired of naming alts XllypnighopfIV because all other names are taken.

Update on the merge:

It's all pretty much in the hands of operations and the DBAs now. This is a much more complex operation than the previous merges have been and there are a lot of things to consider.

For example, if merging 1 character takes 10secs, then we are looking at about a week of downtime to get the entire merge done.

Obviously this is unacceptable and there are a lot of ways to optimize the process. But it takes some time to run optimizations and ensure that they are correct. At the moment, we are working on getting the merge speed to an acceptable level - and then making sure that archived (really old inactive characters) are given low priority during the merge.

Trust me, I am impatient to see this happen as well. But we want to get it right so that it goes smoothly from the moment you log in after the merge.
    if it would be easyer for you too merge first mitra and crom than do that first no one needs 2 eu pve servers ;-)

Update on the merge:

It's all pretty much in the hands of operations and the DBAs now. This is a much more complex operation than the previous merges have been and there are a lot of things to consider.

For example, if merging 1 character takes 10secs, then we are looking at about a week of downtime to get the entire merge done.

Obviously this is unacceptable and there are a lot of ways to optimize the process. But it takes some time to run optimizations and ensure that they are correct. At the moment, we are working on getting the merge speed to an acceptable level - and then making sure that archived (really old inactive characters) are given low priority during the merge.

one week, 7 days, 168 hours, 10k minutes, 600k Seconds...

that would make 60k chars right? So that would make around 10-15k accounts?

That is lower than i expected...
    I am Stian ingame...

We need the merge on fury everyday we are only 6 - 10 in khitai...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    We need the merge on fury everyday we are only 6 - 10 in khitai...
    i plan on rerolling to the "new" blood and gory server, i really like the mechanics (except one character limit) but havn't yet because of population, i'm a PVP'r and have been forced to move to set for obvious reasons. The merge will not help the game but it will definately make it more enjoyable. can they just merge all the servers into one big blood and gory server so i can kill all thos pve baddies PWEEEEAAAAAAASE

Update on the merge:

Thanks for being totally upfront about it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who agrees that this is the way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    i plan on rerolling to the "new" blood and gory server, i really like the mechanics (except one character limit) but havn't yet because of population, i'm a PVP'r and have been forced to move to set for obvious reasons. The merge will not help the game but it will definately make it more enjoyable. can they just merge all the servers into one big blood and gory server so i can kill all thos pve baddies PWEEEEAAAAAAASE
    Hmmm... but what if their T4 gear totally trumps your skill? What then?

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Hmmm... but what if their T4 gear totally trumps your skill? What then?
    Well he will die and quit the game.

Funcom how did you handle the previous merges?
    There were much more players and active subs before.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast