Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom Merge needs to Happen soon

Seconded. I'm waiting for the June game director's letter to come out, hoping we're going to see one of the promised changes this month. However it's well into June with no info about upcoming changes. Funcom, I enjoy pvp, and I can't pvp on Tyranny. This will extinguish the remaining population very fast.

Funcom couldn't even finish the new forums, what makes you think they'd be able to handle something of this magnitude?

Default Summer is here!!!

Funcom, merges anytime soon?????????

Bump

Funcom when?
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

I heard it's tomorrow or is that just hodgepodge and melarchy like their whole operation... come on FC where's the passion you had when releasing HoC? <-- real only last good update

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    I heard it's tomorrow or is that just hodgepodge and melarchy like their whole operation... come on FC where's the passion you had when releasing HoC? <-- real only last good update
    Update which broke game, most of players who left to during unplayable months.
    Many old world armors got broken/clipping issues, still do
    Guards added to HoC

Nothing good came from it, except few extra nights for grinders

Funcom

Update on the merge:

It's all pretty much in the hands of operations and the DBAs now. This is a much more complex operation than the previous merges have been and there are a lot of things to consider.

For example, if merging 1 character takes 10secs, then we are looking at about a week of downtime to get the entire merge done.

Obviously this is unacceptable and there are a lot of ways to optimize the process. But it takes some time to run optimizations and ensure that they are correct. At the moment, we are working on getting the merge speed to an acceptable level - and then making sure that archived (really old inactive characters) are given low priority during the merge.

Trust me, I am impatient to see this happen as well. But we want to get it right so that it goes smoothly from the moment you log in after the merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Trust me, I am impatient to see this happen as well. But we want to get it right so that it goes smoothly from the moment you log in after the merge.
    Fair call!
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

pr0 tip:
    take a while and look at those BK stats that are stacking after every server merge so far .. not like those stats are something to write home about after the nerf, but it's the principle of the matter, you know

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast