Thread: how much DPS in T4 gear?

Default how much DPS in T4 gear?

Hello! Question of the day:

how much dps can we dish out with T4 dps gear on a 3m strawman, be it carnage in frenzy or brute in def stance (no dps potions)?

Last time I logged in I was able to deal something like 1800-1900 average in carnage and 750-850 in brute with kithai and t3 gear.
    I think these numbers represent the average of any decent players, but T4 gear seems so powerful on paper that I would like to assess its real dps power. Unfortunately I can't raid myself so I need your help!

Thanks in advance

I never really test carnage on a straw man as I find it boring as hell. The numbers are pretty though. In a raid my best single target DPS is 2592.

Brute while running full defensive stuff on a decent run is about 1100 on a straw man.

The T4 DPS set Indomitable Souls doesn't really have all that much more DPS than a full set of Tigers. It's +5DPS, +46 crit and +28 crit damage rating. That's all. The main benefit is that it comes with roughly LL level of armour. IMO you get a lot more out of it for a Brute than you do for a Carnage conq. If someone were new and starting up with T4 on a Conq I would definitely recommend aiming for a mix of pieces between Courageous and Indomitable (or Fearless majors, Indomitable minors) as even though it has LL levels of mitigation it's still not fantastic and you'll really appreciate a few extra bits and pieces of mitigation when tanking the heavy hitters like Golems or Strom in T4.
    Last edited by Boesch; 7th June 2013 at 14:22.

Not sure how having 183 more combat rating, 28 more crit dmg rating and 46 more crit rating than full tiger gear would make that hell of a lot difference

Also rings are only marginally better, 5 crit rating each and 163 combat rating each

For cloak you gain 140 combat rating, for necklace you gain 112 combat rating.

Added together: 761 combat rating, or equivalent to a blue combat rating potion you can buy for 15 rare trophies. So you can easily test this yourself by equipping Tiger armor, T3 accessories and do dps with a blue combat rating potion + a green crit rating potion, and again without them

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Not sure how having 183 more combat rating, 28 more crit dmg rating and 46 more crit rating than full tiger gear would make that hell of a lot difference

Also rings are only marginally better, 5 crit rating each and 163 combat rating each

For cloak you gain 140 combat rating, for necklace you gain 112 combat rating.

Added together: 761 combat rating, or a blue combat rating potion you can buy for 15 rare trophies. So you can easily test this yourself by equipping Tiger armor, T3 accessories and do dps with a blue combat rating potion + a green crit rating potion, and again without them
    I think we both said the exact same thing but both neglected to mention that the weapons are completely badass.

Just remember the indomitable gear alone is only 5 more dps, 46 more crit, and 28 more crit dmg compared to tigers. The real upgrade for t4 carnage gear is getting that west cleave and the accessories which I do not have yet so not sure on parse. Going from t3 accessories and main hand weapon to t4 gives you an extra 23 dps, 65 crit, and 19 crit DMG... Not to mention the extra 10 base weapon dps on your main hand which really scales your buffs much better.

Brute straw man parse in indomitable (again without t4 accessories) but with thrice howled edge I parse 1300 consistently using my tank buffs and D stance.

Edit ... Damn everyone said what I did in the time it took me to write this post.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Hehe, yeah I was too slow typing as well, Boesch replied before I could press submit on my post. At least the guy got good response to his question

Thank you for the input guys.

Conclusion: if you don't have time to loose, try to get those uber T4 weapons. ^^