Thread: Milestone question

Default Milestone question

I'll start with my question: Is there a known issue where one is unable to loot the symbols that drop from the mobs in Paikang that correspond with the milestones there?

More info:
    I was unable to pick up the milestone quest in the conventional manner. I think this was due to travelling to Khitai before I was the appropriate level, but not positive on this. Instead I picked up the quest in a random encounter after somebody had summoned Cang-Jei by completing the quest.

I am aware that you cannot have duplicates of the symbols and have been very diligent about placing them when acquired.

I have farmed Quilins, Sharks, and Dark Legion for several hours without a single drop. A couple days ago I grouped with a guildie for around 20 minutes and both the Quilin and Dragon symbols dropped. Both bags appeared empty to me while my guildie was able to see them and pick up the symbols. I checked my quest inventory multiple times and even went to both symbols attempting to click on them thinking that for some reason the items were invisible in the inventory.

Next I submitted a petition and summing up my 45 minute convo with the GM, "we believe this quest is working as intended." My options were to delete the quest and all the milestones received in the insurrection quest line or continue as is.

Sorry about the novel and thanks in advance.

That behaviour is "normal".

The symbols are quest items. Some quest items can be looted by all members of the group. Others can not. It is only visible to one randomly selected member of the group. The bag appears empty to others. Road quest symbols belong to the latter kind.

1- if you dont get the quest when travelling first time to northern grassland (the "normal" way to get it), you can get it in Paikang region: there is a statue between the symbol "placers" (spot where you place a symbol) of ENTITY and JHILL, and on the feet of the statue is a scroll that you can click to span the 4 eye god and talk to him and get the quest (if you travel from the north to south the statue is on the left and the scroll is a bit invisible and not to easy to click)
    2- farm the monkey boss to get symbol drops, they drop better than quills or sharks since monkeys are bosses and the others are normal mobs
    3- if you already have the symbol in inventory you cant get it again until you place it, so it wont show up to you in loot box when you are in group, but it will show up if you are alone but you cant pick it if you have it already
    4- the quest is repeatable, so each time you finish it, spawn the NPC, get your ring reward, then wait a 24h cooldown and go to paikang again to start another one to get a second ring or crate of rare tokens

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    2- farm the monkey boss to get symbol drops, they drop better than quills or sharks since monkeys are bosses and the others are normal mobs
    Is it still viable ? I though they had reduced the drop rate so much it was now a waste a time to farm mob for symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Is it still viable ? I though they had reduced the drop rate so much it was now a waste a time to farm mob for symbols.
    Not really worth it to farm animals in Paikang, unless you are really bored and just killing time. It used to be viable many months ago, but Funcom nerfed the drop rate considerably. You are better off doing 6 mans and get symbols that way.

it's a MMO game so the whole point is to group up and go to dungeons and not solo play, i see the point on funcom part to nerf the drops since its a MMO, but anyway between normal mobs and bosses, the monkeys drop better...and also alot of pp dont seem to know that the epic pants that drop on yag also drop on AI district, and the dungeon is not that hard, just decent coordination, and its faster to do than the whole KK run

1- if you dont get the quest when travelling first time to northern grassland (the "normal" way to get it), you can get it in Paikang region: there is a statue between the symbol "placers" (spot where you place a symbol) of ENTITY and JHILL, and on the feet of the statue is a scroll that you can click to span the 4 eye god and talk to him and get the quest (if you travel from the north to south the statue is on the left and the scroll is a bit invisible and not to easy to click)
    3- if you already have the symbol in inventory you cant get it again until you place it, so it wont show up to you in loot box when you are in group, but it will show up if you are alone but you cant pick it if you have it already
    4- the quest is repeatable, so each time you finish it, spawn the NPC, get your ring reward, then wait a 24h cooldown and go to paikang again to start another one to get a second ring or crate of rare tokens
    I spanked monkey's for hours and all I got was red eye's for my effort =O

The drop rate's **** for some, better for other's. Cereal.

it's a MMO game so the whole point is to group up and go to dungeons and not solo play, i see the point on funcom part to nerf the drops since its a MMO, but anyway between normal mobs and bosses, the monkeys drop better...and also alot of pp dont seem to know that the epic pants that drop on yag also drop on AI district, and the dungeon is not that hard, just decent coordination, and its faster to do than the whole KK run
    Agreed. It's good they let it drop so if you're not interested in 6manning etc (maybe you're wasted or gettin in a quickie before work) it's a little reward. Just not often. Certainly good during non-prime times, which probably wont exist after Euro-merges.