Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    Boxing melees just doesnt work. There is no way to effectively play multiple combo classes. I mean if I could rake my fingers down three keyboards and do '1', '2', '3' for each of the guys at the same time and have all their combos go off nicely I guess it would work. But I believe combos take you actually watching the screen for successes. Even playing the same class probably wouldnt work. Boxing just isnt something you can do dynamically.
    I can time things nicely. I can rotate stuns effectively. But I can't watch three screens at the same time and respond effectively.
    then play just one character at a time.
    aoc isnt one man band multi-instrumentalizing platform, unless you have 6 fingers and 4 arms and learned to type with your feet fingers.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    then play just one character at a time.
    aoc isnt one man band multi-instrumentalizing platform, unless you have 6 fingers and 4 arms and learned to type with your feet fingers.
    Ehhh. I haven't played one character at a time since EQ. And it didnt take long for me to slap together a second machine for my Enchanter/Druid Fear Snaring duo. Nope. I am quite comfortable four boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    Perfect. One guy can take that. The others can skip it I guess.

I did do a bit of perusing the Demo feat tree and their fire line seems have a sick number of buffs to fire damage and Fires of Gehenna (100% splash damage).
    The problem with FoG is that the effective aoe range won't be close to that of your ToS' storm fields. It would work if you could bunch up say five normal sized mobs in a perfect bunch but that would be both ineffective (compared to tos) and not very realistically achievable all the time.

Given the nature of the ToS' way of doing damage it is, I would guesstimate, easily the most effective multibox toon. You just need to make sure Storm Field is running and callously cast a heal (which don't require targetting either) and watch things melt. No need to stress positioning, targetting or any of that. If you would be a solo tos it would be needed, but no world mobs save maybe Harbinger of Kao will stand against four storm fields...
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Thanks Nevsky,
    You have me more and more convinced that I am headed down the right path with my ToSs. Which is somewhat sad - as much of what I enjoy in MMORPGs is figuring out the best boxing combos. Ahh well. Once I get them to 80th I can work on weaker box versions.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Depends on how many targets there are to hit. In most situations of trash clearing Demo and TOS AOE dps is the same as there isn't more than 5 mobs or more than 5 mobs (minions that spawn with add pulls) around for very long so the AOE of the demo doesn't outshine a TOS.

Go to a fight like Seruah or Sebazios where you have a lot of mobs to hit and the TOS is only consistently hitting 5 mobs as Stormfield hits a max of 5 targets (Aura of Nebthu does hit 12 targets from memory) and the demo is able to hit 12 mobs with their AOE and the demo goes ahead on AOE dps.

Also if you want to go with an AOE spec for demo then you can just alternate your AOEs using the debuff every time it's available as well.

Personally I think the demo shines for more than just its AOE dps, it's ranged dps capability is better than a TOS and higher Tier raiding has minimal trash but does require CCs for some fights and you can get a lot of cc with a demo that's feated hybrid. Heals and dps are always welcome in raids and both classes are AOE grinding machines, level one of each since you'll need alts as your toons get bound to each raid for a week
    In fights like seruah/sabazios or mob grinding devouring flames becomes absurd...

Quote Originally Posted by Phishbone View Post
    In fights like seruah/sabazios or mob grinding devouring flames becomes absurd...
    Devouring flames is a very underestemated feet, It also stacks for each mob killed and can crate crazy numbers when fighting waves of adds.

i think u must learn to play with only one tos before all other things.
    don't forget 2 tos is enough in raid to optimize theyr dps( ruin effect of the curse of set permanently up)
    Last edited by Zarkane; 10th June 2013 at 16:01.

But he is not in any way asking for how to raid with ToS, or how to play it even. The point of the thread was how multiboxing 4 ToSes compared to demos in this very specific and unusual situation.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    But he is not in any way asking for how to raid with ToS, or how to play it even. The point of the thread was how multiboxing 4 ToSes compared to demos in this very specific and unusual situation.
    Yeah, I wont raid. I log in, play for an hour or two. Just normal leveling. I know most people in this game are concerned with raiding or PvP, but I'm not. I'll never reach 80th.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12