Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Agro

Quote Originally Posted by joe-da-cro View Post
    dude its been ages since i played the game. i ran stats and numbers for every aspect of the game. so i can min max everything i did. lets now how work back on how to formulate a ratio. play with provoke and pull a consistent dps with a rotation. then play with the +15% damage one. now obviously you will need to have a look at your dps stat on your char. then use a real time parser to see what the difference is in dps and when the dps pulled. once you have that you will need to work out the difference of dps to the difference in stats till you work out the ratio. i did this ages ago and dont have my work but it was in the low 5 dps mark on your char stats. but then again most people have some idea how that number would have been derived. only an idiot would comment on how that.

in regards to goad i was establishing an opinion i thought that was obvious when i said i hate how tanks.... the idea there is to help min maxers with advanced tanking.

see you schou are what i always thought of a lowest common denominator tanks. by that you arent completely stupid you can do simple things like hit a button when someones health is low. you can spam shield slam. hit irritate and your coh at the end of shield slam so you can have the boss target you for a fraction of a second because your epeen is not satiated unless your name is on the bosses target. Pathetic. no wonder guardians have so much trouble these days when you are at the helm giving mediocre advice on how to play a class.

lastly ill make sure ill point out what is what so you can comprehend posts because you seem to have problems reading.

Making a statement as to how much work you put into your stats etc, does not signify if you are correct or not. I'm simply saying your wrong on the fact that after 5 years of playing the guard, dps was always the lowest common factor of how much aggro I would hold.

Proof?

I have seen better geared tanks "T3/T4" do about 200 dps more than me on my T2 baby guard, yet they can't get aggro. They had higher dps, higher hate mod, etc. With your amazing calculations, that shouldn't be possible.

Here are the facts. My T2 guard can do about 300 dps in raids. I commonly run into other guards spamming stupid crap like "bloody vengeance" etc, cranking up the dps potential of their guards. Doing about 100-200 dps more than me. Yet the damage taken is very low. They almost never pull aggro.

Simply put, hate mod % will never be a static number. I'm also not saying that more dps on a guard is a bad thing. Of course the dps matters, but not as much as you are trying to say.

As for making comments about myself and my tanking. YA, i'm really a bad tank, i'm the lowest common denominator as you want to call me. Go ahead, keep them coming. As for me, I'll just continue holding and getting aggro as usual, while you set back on your "I haven't played in a long time" comment, and pretend to be some amazing player that you never were.

Take care, and please stop giving bad advice.

Thanks!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

True story!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

There is nothing wrong with guard agro in T3 or T4, if you're having issues you either don't know what you are doing, don't have good gear or you're in defiance.

Guard agro is based mainly on hate generating abilities such as irritate coh,call to arms and hate generating combos such as dulling blow, overreach shield slam and guard destroyer for buffing the hate of those combos.

Dt's agro is based on dps/crit rating and vom, the longer a geared dt has to hit a target the more more vom procs and the more agro they get, some mobs/boss's in t3/t4 have lower or no magic invulns so Dts can generate a lot more threat then guards or conqs can.

Conq agro is a mix of dps and threat generating abilities, good conqs can MT most raid boss's out side of T4.
    Im Fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrasus View Post
    There is nothing wrong with guard agro in T3 or T4, if you're having issues you either don't know what you are doing, don't have good gear or you're in defiance.
    I had heard Defiance is improving as a guild, but I don't know much about them.
    There is nothing wrong with guard agro in T3 or T4... Dts can generate a lot more threat then guards or conqs can.....
    lol at you contradicting yourself.

A lot of misinformation in this thread. Not you, but others in the thread. If you're going polearm, dps has a lot to do with agro.

A Dev in the TL forum said Hate is not a 1-1 correlation, but that 1% hate had the effect of 2-3% increase in hate generation in buffing your DPS. Quantifying it as the guy tried to above as a static # is impossible.

What Schou posted is possible, you can have significantly less DPS and still hold aggro against other guards with the same gear doing more DPS, if they aren't spec'd appropriately or aren't using their hate mods to buff combos at the right time or are using the wrong combos. Especially on fights where there are periods where you aren't hitting the boss for a while or the boss has an aggro reset, the timing of the guards COH/Irritate/shield slam/sta is going to dictate aggro far more than dps.

Conq agro is a mix of dps and threat generating abilities, good conqs can MT most raid boss's out side of T4.
    Outside of t4? Huh? Maybe our definitions of MT are different but conq has no issue doing anything a guard or dt can do in t4.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Yes, not sure why he said that? Conq is just as good a tank as the other 2 nowadays. Maybe not so good for magical bosses but definitely effective for physical ones.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    (...) Maybe not so good for magical bosses but definitely effective for physical ones.
    This is just lies conqs spread to cover for their lazyness, there is no reason for a conq not to tank magic bosses just as well as other soldiers.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    This is just lies conqs spread to cover for their lazyness, there is no reason for a conq not to tank magic bosses just as well as other soldiers.
    Not as well. A good conq can tank anything, but DT and guard have advantages over conq on magic bosses.

NONE of this matters when a DT can tank dishing out 2200~2500 DPS! How the heck are you gonna pull off something like that?! With your little irritate and CoH? Come on people, it's broken. The class is broken.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 10th August 2013 at 23:55.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast