Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Agro

Wanna see dt which is doing regulary 2k+ dps tanking :>
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Wanna see dt which is doing regulary 2k+ dps tanking :>
    I've seen parses of it done while tanking Zodiac. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    My list is pretty accurate. My aggro is pretty decent also...wait scratch that it's good. And quite frankly I don't think you have any idea what a guard even is, so enough said on that.
    What is your in game name? You're pretty delusional or just really desperate for attention or something. I know for a fact you haven't played with any Immortal Soul guards and I'm sure there are A LOT of other guards on the server who mostly just do in guild raids.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Who cant be reasoned with here? You're the one spewing the same BS over and over. Try tanking louhi once his shield goes up with a desecration DT using a tali wearing priest gear (wait you already told us your guild uses the noob strat of 4 dread shadows). Try to tank the emperor that way - especially the reflections where you do nearly zero damage and tap - wait for it - nearly zero health. I can't even imagine trying imp, Thoth Amon, archfiend, zaal, or any other hard hitting boss that way where you can get 2 shotted before you get any taps.

Desecration DTs don't do 2200 DPS on any protection fights or fights where you ever have to move and they lose the VOM stacks. You latch onto ONE parse on ONE boss (which is static and doesnt hit that hard and conveniently has symbols with low mitigation to tap extra health from and help proc VoM) from ONE dt probably in maxed out gear with a very specific setup and claim that's what all DTs do on every fight. You are just completely full of it. No sane person denies that DTs are OP but there are plenty of situations where a guard is better. What nobody agrees with you on is your claim that guards are useless just because you suck at playing one.

And contrary to what you seem to think, even a DT who does 2000+ DPS doesn't have nearly the burst aggro of a guard. If you actually knew anything about the dt you sold know it takes 15 to 20 seconds to get up to full DPS while you wait for VOM procs during which that lack of seal of chaos really hurts until the damage starts flowing.
    OMG this was better than my morning coffee... /faithinhumanityrestored
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I've seen parses of it done while tanking Zodiac. That's about it.
    Keyword was regulary, this means not just 1 fight
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Keyword was regulary, this means not just 1 fight
    I know. Which was the point I was trying to make.

Simply put,

Guards do need a small bit more aggro to be able to at-least compete with DT's in certain fights. I don't think they need more dps, just a bit higher hate mod.

But few people realize what guards bring to the table. Call to arms brings a 15 second 40% melee increase to all melee to the group, and i'm sure it does something for magic, but I'm not sure. With a 1 min cool down, your looking at every 45 seconds having this huge affect for the group. Also, you have Battle Cry, which lasts 10 seconds with another 42% weapon increase every 45 seconds on cool down. Which gives you the affect every 35 seconds. In short, My assassin gets a bigger increase in dps than being grouped with a conq as far as in raids. Thus makes it the most ideal toon to be grouped up with in 6 mans or raids as far as dps is considered.

If you combine this with the fact that the gaurd still has the biggest burst threat/hate "over all aggro" potential in game, it really does make the class worth while.

I know everyone wants to only compare one aspect of the class's "dps potential" but you can't do that. You have to look at all capabilities of this class. The DT's do little to nothing for the group in terms of buffs. Yes, a small heal, but that's all that I know of.

Regardless, Yes, I do believe the Guards need a small increase in threat to be able to atleast save a DT who has or is going completely all out. But honestly, Guards still can hold off of DT's at the beginning of a fight. It's the high end raiding, and later in fights that DT's can really dominate the guard class. But even with this said, Guards are still able to hold off of any dps in the game. And this is the most important aspect of tanking.

As far as Conq's, I honestly think they are perfect in terms of dps/tanking capabilities. The class is a very strong class and is able to main tank anything in the game "given the gear is adequate". And even then, the Conq's aren't as dependent on gear as the Dt class. With the guard class still being the most ideal class in terms of gear dependency or lack their of. They are the most independent class in the game as far as that is concerned.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestryke View Post
    My main is a Carnage Conq
    lol...................................

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    My list is pretty accurate. My aggro is pretty decent also...wait scratch that it's good. And quite frankly I don't think you have any idea what a guard even is, so enough said on that.
    This thread makes so much sense... wait scratch that it does not. Quite frankly I don't think YOU have any idea of what a guard even can do which is clearly showing here, so enough said about that. Please send a tell to one of your very accurate top guardians of Set list and make them give you a few pointers. And for the love of god and Carney. Stop posting stuff on the forums
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415