Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Agro

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I'm going to ask you since I believe you to have the absolute best aggro in the entire game as a guard (at least from the people I've played with), especially, over any Euro players.
    yeah sure this guy posts crap like this all the time but its fine lol

ooh look I found in youtube one of the dt's ringofset is talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZP0mERicU

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I'm going to ask you since I believe you to have the absolute best aggro in the entire game as a guard (at least from the people I've played with), especially, over any Euro players.

If a DT can do tremendous DPS (3~5 times over a guard) and tank anything a guard can tank, and have the highest max potential aggro. Where is the Guard's edge? What's he good at over that of a DT? What is that ONE thing he can do 3~5 times better then a DT? Where is that moment where a guard can say "ah ha!, this is where I'm clear cut better and will make up that 1500 DPS deficit over a DT"
    The guards edge is in being able to survive magic fights w/o losing that much agro and in being able to swap with other tanks better then vom dts can, and have more utility with group buffs.Dts dps and agro comes from procing vom with crits, if they have to wear a bunch of bda or other protection gear it will mean less agro, if they don't wear protection gear and stick with crit gear they will build to much agro and die from lack of protection.

No question having geared Dts MT raids will result in stuff dying faster do to there extra dps, and a geared Dt ,given enough time, can build more agro then guard or conq ever can, if I had my way Dts would MT all physical fights in t4, with main guards bringing dps/or heals and have guards brought in for protection fights like emp/ent maybe mithrial although she doesn't hit that hard.
    Im Fat.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Making a statement as to how much work you put into your stats etc, does not signify if you are correct or not. I'm simply saying your wrong on the fact that after 5 years of playing the guard, dps was always the lowest common factor of how much aggro I would hold.

Proof?

I have seen better geared tanks "T3/T4" do about 200 dps more than me on my T2 baby guard, yet they can't get aggro. They had higher dps, higher hate mod, etc. With your amazing calculations, that shouldn't be possible.

Here are the facts. My T2 guard can do about 300 dps in raids. I commonly run into other guards spamming stupid crap like "bloody vengeance" etc, cranking up the dps potential of their guards. Doing about 100-200 dps more than me. Yet the damage taken is very low. They almost never pull aggro.

Simply put, hate mod % will never be a static number. I'm also not saying that more dps on a guard is a bad thing. Of course the dps matters, but not as much as you are trying to say.

As for making comments about myself and my tanking. YA, i'm really a bad tank, i'm the lowest common denominator as you want to call me. Go ahead, keep them coming. As for me, I'll just continue holding and getting aggro as usual, while you set back on your "I haven't played in a long time" comment, and pretend to be some amazing player that you never were.

Take care, and please stop giving bad advice.

Thanks!
    Lol look whos talking SELF PROCLAIMED BEST TANK IN THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by pelethor View Post
    pretend what you like

nice sig by the way grats on getting first US entity kill

ofc its only ninth in the world since 8 crappy EU guilds full of our inferior guards and dts did it before you but still.. good job!
    Adjusted for currency conversion we were 6th in the world so there. It makes sense, trust me.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Adjusted for currency conversion we were 6th in the world so there. It makes sense, trust me.
    set us
    -The Entity
    Immortal Souls 10/31/12

crom eu
    The Entity
    Destiny [11.06.12 - 20.37 UTC] - World First
    Circle of Eternity [17.06.12]
    Tainted Souls [19.07.12]
    Best of the Best [25.10.12]
    Circle of Nine [27.10.12]

mitra eu
    The Entity
    Ronin 19.08.2012
    X.Legion 20.09.2012
    Titanen 25.10.2012

fury eu
    Entity
    Night watch 15 October 2012

my bad i was wrong you weren't 9th...you were 10th

set us
    -The Entity
    Immortal Souls 10/31/12

crom eu
    The Entity
    Destiny [11.06.12 - 20.37 UTC] - World First
    Circle of Eternity [17.06.12]
    Tainted Souls [19.07.12]
    Best of the Best [25.10.12]
    Circle of Nine [27.10.12]

mitra eu
    The Entity
    Ronin 19.08.2012
    X.Legion 20.09.2012
    Titanen 25.10.2012

fury eu
    Entity
    Night watch 15 October 2012

my bad i was wrong you weren't 9th...you were 10th
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

You realize how sad and pathetic you look, yes? Go search more raid progression threads big guy. You're making your point to no one who cares.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

yeah i feel awful..but it'll be kentucky fried chicken i hope
    Last edited by pelethor; 12th August 2013 at 23:32.

yeah i feel awful..but it'll be kentucky fried chicken i hope
    Kfc? Gtfo with that garbage. I only serve Popeye's.

Pelethor, do you even lift?