Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Agro

except the US and EU will never raid together since they are 5-8 hours apart..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

i have nothing against US players,theres no differance in skills between EU and US to be honest players are the same wherever they come from

but this baseless boasting and rascist crap from some of you US guys is getting old

i hope most of US population aren't as arrogant as this ringofset guy

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    You can tell me whatever you want and that makes you feel badass on this forum, but from what I have seen Henry has said it's a pure indicator of L2P issues so shut up now and instead of crying here about guards not being able keep up aggro wise better ask for tips because all of you americans have no idea about this game seriously.

EU players laugh at you and your aggro issues.
    You're a very arrogant racist little twat aren't you,you seem to think you EU players are somehow superior well you're gonna find out differant after the merge

* I'm gonna pretend American is a race just for fun I guess.
    Last edited by Erock25; 12th August 2013 at 21:19.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    You're a very arrogant racist little twat aren't you,you seem to think you EU players are somehow superior well you're gonna find out differant after the merge

* I'm gonna pretend American is a race just for fun I guess.
    I think technically we're a clade, not a race.

Also, legitimate question from a guard nub: I see s+b guards, and I see poleguards, but I never see s+b guards wepswap to the pole for a little more dps while their hate gen combos are on cd. Are the pole combos really that worthless?
    I don't make points I make dents.

I'm gonna pretend American is a race just for fun I guess.
    pretend what you like

nice sig by the way grats on getting first US entity kill

ofc its only ninth in the world since 8 crappy EU guilds full of our inferior guards and dts did it before you but still.. good job!

Tanking louhi and taking the banished blessings on bat of nergal and the end phases of imp and they also give the best ZJs.
    Actually, I would've agreed with you on Louhi a few weeks back but recently this guild I'm raiding T3 with is using 3 DTs (4DTs if I switched to my DT) and just getting a dread order down. Tanking a bit,dreading, tanking a bit, dreading etc. etc. Honestly, I haven't done the numbers to see which is more efficient using 2 guards or just using 4 DTs and dreading, but there you go.

Nergal? Really? I think I've done the bat twice since the game was made. This raid is very rarely done, and it's a harder raid for little reward compared to the standard T's.

Imp/Emperor both can be tanked well by DT's. And yes they'll still do 3 times the DPS over a guard while tanking both.

And American is a race.

Just ask this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-EzHbcEfU

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So, if a DT has already occupied the tanking slot and can tank just about everything while doing this 5X DPS of a guard, what use is the guard?
    Advantages of Guardians over DTs in my opinion are (no particular order):
    • Guardians are better at tanking magic damage because DTs lose too much if they put on protection armor/accessories.
      → Advantage on Louhi, Emperor
    • Guardians have the shortest cool down on their AE spot while the cool down of DT's AE spot is the longest of the three soldiers
      → Advantage on bosses with many aggro resets like Imp
    • Guardians can build up a high amount of threat right from the start and don't have to build up stacks.
      → Advantage on bosses where you have to move or can't constantly hit like Imp and Emperor
    • Guardians have bubbles. Two if you count StA as one.
      → There are bosses where I feel safer with a Guardian than with a DT as tank. For example on Emperor at 35% when there are 5 mirrors spawning and you have to determine the one to kill. It's good then to have a Guard/Conq and no DT in target's target that can use a bubble, if something goes wrong.

On Sheng I prefer to have one of each soldier class as tank. DTs build up an amazing amount of thread and damage there (low protection), have Dread Shadow but tend to die more often, especially if they aren't so well equipped yet. Guardians can leap to that aggro level with Goad and bring higher survivability to the table. Conqs are somewhat in between and have a brez. Sure you can kill Sheng with only DTs or only Guardians as boss tanks (or only Conqs for that matter), but if there are only DTs I'll be more concerned about the tank's health points and if there are only Guardians I'll worry more about damage and aggro on the boss. So I think, Sheng is a nice fight where DTs and Guardians, although they are different from one another, both have their uses.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    • Guardians are better at tanking magic damage because DTs lose too much if they put on protection armor/accessories.
    • Guardians have the shortest cool down on their AE spot while the cool down of DT's AE spot is the longest of the three soldiers
    • Guardians can build up a high amount of threat right from the start and don't have to build up stacks.
      → Advantage on bosses where you have to move or can't constantly hit like Imp and Emperor
      → There are bosses where I feel safer with a Guardian than with a DT as tank. For example on Emperor at 35% when there are 5 mirrors spawning and you have to determine the one to kill. It's good then to have a Guard/Conq and no DT in target's target that can use a bubble, if something goes wrong.

On Sheng I prefer to have one of each soldier class as tank. DTs build up an amazing amount of thread and damage there (low protection), have Dread Shadow but tend to die more often, especially if they aren't so well equipped yet. Guardians can leap to that aggro level with Goad and bring higher survivability to the table. Conqs are somewhat in between and have a brez. Sure you can kill Sheng with only DTs or only Guardians as boss tanks (or only Conqs for that matter), but if there are only DTs I'll be more concerned about the tank's health points and if there are only Guardians I'll worry more about damage and aggro on the boss. So I think, Sheng is a nice fight where DTs and Guardians, although they are different from one another, both have their uses.
    This post wins the thread. 100% spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post

finaly someone who is reasonable.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by pelethor View Post
    i have nothing against US players,theres no differance in skills between EU and US to be honest players are the same wherever they come from

but this baseless boasting and rascist crap from some of you US guys is getting old

i hope most of US population aren't as arrogant as this ringofset guy

First of all you euros usually start the boasting and sh!ttalking about US players, we simply respond, secondly who has used racist comments on this thread? if you mean euro bashing then yes, but I have seen nothing racist also you have made some pretty arrogant statements just in this thread, stop protesting so much.

If I am not mistaken euros get some content before the Us does so that accounts for you guys downing some stuff before us, and as you pointed out you have a lot more players then we do, we have maybe 4-5 guilds that can clear t4 that's because of the amount we have to choose from VS the amount you guys have, has nothing to do with euros being better.
    Im Fat.