Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Agro

Default Agro

hello all tanks.
    We have a small problem.
    Guard does not have a good agro t3/t4 raids ..
    Dark Templar does what he wants with agro .. is so high dps ..
    Conqeror the same thing .. they hit combo .. they are irytate ... nothing else ...
    The guard has 5 skils of irritation ... you have to push a lot of skills to maintain order ..
    Other tanking classes do not have this problem.
    Funcom has to help the real guards ....
    1.FIX gear and weapon pvp.Players pve have beter...
    2.This game need good craft(pve and pvp)
    3.fix balans pvp in mini game...
    4.guard in shield need faster agro(no beter)....(this is MT in this game)

Agro is fine in t3. Cant talk bout t4. Agro isnt really the problem. Dps is the problem. Dts pull due to there dps. Conqs pull due dps. Guards dont dps LOL

This has been talked about in other threads. Funcoms busy with other crap. Learn to play with it as it is or play another class. Pretty much all you can do.

A few tips for you as I don't know how you play.

- Shield Slam + Irritate and Cry of Havoc while executing combo is the biggest hatebuff you have. Use Stall the Advance or Cunning Deflection once you get agro for high hate retributive damage. KEEP ON COOLDOWN ALWAYS.

- Do not use Call to Arms if you have agro problems vs tanks in your group. It buffs weapon damage of the groupmembers by 9% per rank. Even though you get hate buff, the team gets +45% weapon damage.

- Always in Provoke..

- Feat Hateful Strikes and Counterstrike Stance.

- Maximum hate increase on gear.

there is nothing wrong with the guardians agro, it depends on the fight where the guard shines, or the dt.
    but i have to say: my khitai conq has more agro than my t4 guard :')

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the guardians agro, it depends on the fight where the guard shines, or the dt.
    Wich one do you feel have highest survivability?
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    Yes. In fights where the mob has low protection, the DT can lock agro. Though other fights, like Louhi or Thoth Amon, Guards has better aggro.

Obvious troll

1/10.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I only know we use different tank combinations in T4 and it's purely skill related - even undergeared guards can switch aggro with DTs if they know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    - Do not use Call to Arms if you have agro problems vs tanks in your group. It buffs weapon damage of the groupmembers by 9% per rank. Even though you get hate buff, the team gets +45% weapon damage.
    I'm a bit intrigued by that. As a tank your goal is to provide a high aggro level for your damage dealers (and some healers) and not to play aggro lock games vs other tanks. So there's nothing wrong with Call to Arms even if aggro will switch to another tank. As long as it stays on the tanks and doesn't switch to the damage dealers, everything's fine.
    Last edited by Areana; 7th June 2013 at 16:00.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast