Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what build for a new 80 HoX

Default what build for a new 80 HoX

been out of the game for quite a while and am looking at dusting off my HoX. he is very under geared and need a build that works well with that in pve and pvp. when i played before i ran possession because i enjoyed the play style hopefully that is still viable.

i am on Set (or will be shortly) if that makes a diff on the build

bad i would say start with pos/gen if you get some khitai gear u can go for avatar/pos also u will have 2 feat spec so you can make a pve and pvp one no need to have 1 that does all anymore. so in fact u can try both and see what u like

hox build wont be diffrent since hox isnt changed

If you wish to work with a build that is the most usable in both at the same time, just use avatar/possession with more accent on possession (anything will work, even http://goo.gl/GMEhn). I would not recommend it for a starter though and advise you to have at least two different builds: possession(mostly)/general for PVP and avatar(mostly)/possession or avatar/possession/general (for less aggression) for PVE.

Let me find the build that I used for PVP and PVE in 2010-2011 (a suicide build, leading me to K/D=0.19)... http://goo.gl/kdNth
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 7th June 2013 at 08:31.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    If you wish to work with a build that is the most usable in both at the same time, just use avatar/possession with more accent on possession (anything will work, even http://goo.gl/GMEhn). I would not recommend it for a starter though and advise you to have two different builds.
    i really wouldnt recommend that build for undergear/AAed Hoxes.
    No purge no full fear resist he will be screwed in pvp. though for pve its probally bit better

But he asked a build that works in both PVE and PVP at the same time!

This one is PVP-only.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    But he asked a build that works in both PVE and PVP at the same time!

This one is PVP-only.
    Ehh no its has enough for pve to burn to groups of mobs and has pretty good dps. not including avatar doesnt mean its not good for pve...

I find this quite effective in pve and pvp http://goo.gl/ShXJt you can easily kill a group of mobs in pve and has pvp tools. In groups i can also get agroo with this
    Last edited by jenyu; 7th June 2013 at 11:25.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    I find this quite effective in pve and pvp http://goo.gl/ShXJt you can easily kill a group of mobs in pve and has pvp tools. In groups i can also get agroo with this
    U should rlly not spec PC over EoX and fully specced CotM imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    Ehh no its has enough for pve to burn to groups of mobs and has pretty good dps. not including avatar doesnt mean its not good for pve...
    Actually it does, at least if RSoX is already perked. Haven't seen a decent Poss-specced HoX get anywhere near a decent Ava-specced one in raid-DPS so far, as RSoX boosts Avatar-Specs a whole LOT.

Also i wonder why just one of the PVE-builds posted so far had Inferno perked. Thats a 6-digit dmg(and aggro) gain in raids - why does hardly anyone here seem to use it? And why are there still builds with Hell on earth being posted, although every single of the 11 points spent is actually wasted?

As to the OP: I'd suggest you choose 2 specs, as you can have 2 feat builds and easily switch, anyway. You can go PVE with a rather pvp-oriented spec and vice versa, but either way you'll waste potential. So rather have 2 specs.

For pvp i think i can pretty much go with the one Darknessjw posted, except i would put 3 points out of general tree into "phoenix wings", otherwise you'll render your phoenix cloak useless.
    Main AA-Perks could be:
    Red Shadows of Xotli -would get that one first since it can be used well with ANY build and gives a nice dps-boost passively+actively
    Prince of Terror -should use low BTD-comboranks with this as the dots will crit really hard when PoT is active, its also nice when there are hoxes on the other team due to combo-dmg being converted to unholy dmg so u can use PoIF on other hoxes while they have molten flesh active
    Enslaving Fire + whatever (e.g. Hunger for More) - Nice for catching rangers in 1vs1 situations, as they tend to run out of your cc-range while you cast them - not with this Perk!

For PVE you might choose a spec like this http://goo.gl/KAryh , note that the last 4 points are unspent so far.
    You can either invest them into
    "Damning Eloquence"+anywhere else, maybe "Burning Hex" - nice for dungeons as there's a high chance noone will be debuffing targets for you - so do it yourself. Yes you can do that with MSS too, but imo its not worth being part of the combo sequence so far.
    "Butcher" - not sure if its worth it though, 20% isn't +20% damage in total
    "Undying Glory of Xotli" + 4 Points in "Knowledge of the Underworld" for some nice extra MagicDmg - good for raids such as T4.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 7th June 2013 at 12:35.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast