Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Observations on PvP as a new HoX

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    I bet you play on PvE server. There sin noobs don't know how to use lotus side
    Sin's are still less of a threat than Ranger's to a HoX. As long as you stay with the group and know how to kite.

ok, so I figured for some laughs last night I would try my HOX in pvp again... Yeah...... NOT SO GOOD lol

I die SOOO quick it's not even funny. I did manage to get a few kills here and there when I could actually land more than a HFB and Chains. I break balls a lot, but seriously, much respect to all you HOX's who pvp and do it successfully.

My scores were like this

4-8 (against a balanced team)
    3-19 (Sag)
    4-17 (against a stacked team)

I quit after that 3rd one LOL.

When I was 1v1, I could do 'OK' but the problem is I was getting melted from a distance and caught in all kinds of demo aoe.

so ya, much respect LOL. Super fun class, but I'm not sure I can handle getting destroyed that bad LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I'm bad at pvp but you were going mrcorp style standing still just taking a beating. Can't just stand there and trade combos... gotta move.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I'm bad at pvp but you were going mrcorp style standing still just taking a beating. Can't just stand there and trade combos... gotta move.
    dude I was having such a problem finding abilities haha.....I kept wanting to blast away with a sword and it just wasn't working out LOL

year off = horribad movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    dude I was having such a problem finding abilities haha.....I kept wanting to blast away with a sword and it just wasn't working out LOL

year off = horribad movement.
    unfortunately mate with hox you really need to have good movement and be fast with your abilities, so get to know your keybinds.
    With undergeared hox i can get nice kills but depending on group and on how much i push i can also die a lot.
    The other day for instance in one mini that i played with fresh blue char this lvl 7 hox was focused on me. He wanted kill so badly that he died many times because he was often over reaching.
    Hox is pretty fun and rewarding class but its not forgiving

Wow really good information on this thread I appreciate that. I was getting complete destroyed on my newb hox...still do pretty much but it is a very fun class to play.

Now my question is should I maybe get Wolf gear over BB for the con? I already have wrist and boot with BB.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Wow really good information on this thread I appreciate that. I was getting complete destroyed on my newb hox...still do pretty much but it is a very fun class to play.

Now my question is should I maybe get Wolf gear over BB for the con? I already have wrist and boot with BB.
    Some avatar hoxes are using wolf gear and doing o.k., for possession BB have more sense. Personally i always go for more dmg but i cant say that is only way to go.
    But regardless on what gear you choose try to get your hands on trial of flame.

every hox who is using wolf gear have zero knowledge about this class. Wolfs gear has zero magic damage- main stat for hox. Avatar hox is not physical dmg hox, trust me lol :P
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    every hox who is using wolf gear have zero knowledge about this class. Wolfs gear has zero magic damage- main stat for hox. Avatar hox is not physical dmg hox, trust me lol :P
    Ah thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    The idea when playing with wolf gear is not to maximize dps but to maximize surviability. And it's much needed in Avatar spec where you can't rely on CoA and hfb spam to kill stuff
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast