Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Observations on PvP as a new HoX

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    Don't do combos unless the opposing players is stuck in CC or hitting another player.
    or do pillar from distance and with combo jump if you can

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    or do pillar from distance and with combo jump if you can
    Always Combo jump pilars

Honestly since i came back my hugely under geared HoX is the only class i can get a kill on

Heralds,

It is my shame to admit that I have not played my HoX very much since posting this thread. My gear and PvP level is still the same, but I am now more comfortable in my role as a glass water gun. I tried going Possession/General, but I felt the extra magic damage and Purge to be less of use to me than I had hoped. I switched back to Avatar/Possession, using Enslaving Fire and Feeding the Pyre. FtP doesn't seem overly useful, but neither does Hunger for More or Quickening Death. I have both From the Beyond and Red Shadows of Xotli trained, but the extra Pillar seems more useful.

I can pull my weight now, as longs as the other team does not have too many trigger happy Rangers. May their souls be forever damned.

Thank you, Heralds.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Default interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    Heralds,

It is my shame to admit that I have not played my HoX very much since posting this thread. My gear and PvP level is still the same, but I am now more comfortable in my role as a glass water gun. I tried going Possession/General, but I felt the extra magic damage and Purge to be less of use to me than I had hoped. I switched back to Avatar/Possession, using Enslaving Fire and Feeding the Pyre. FtP doesn't seem overly useful, but neither does Hunger for More or Quickening Death. I have both From the Beyond and Red Shadows of Xotli trained, but the extra Pillar seems more useful.

I can pull my weight now, as longs as the other team does not have too many trigger happy Rangers. May their souls be forever damned.

Thank you, Heralds.
    I like hoxes like you,who always claim that they have issues with rangers,while they do not give a damn about sins,who always make party whenever they see you guys in each mini,they devour hoxes like peanut-butter on a freshed baked bun..but still it is the rangers to blame..That is called either discrimination,or ignorance...lets say stupidity to sum it up..!!!!

With all the tanks currently running around in minis, sins have a hard time. If you can kite them long enough (in the case you can't kill them alone) they'll soon get bashed in by your tank team mates.

Rangers.... ufff !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    With all the tanks currently running around in minis, sins have a hard time. If you can kite them long enough (in the case you can't kill them alone) they'll soon get bashed in by your tank team mates.

Rangers.... ufff !
    This. Sin's are killable in minigames, even by a HoX. Sure it takes god-like movement, but it's still possible. All it takes is one Linebreaker and a HoX is done. Not to mention, you rarely see it coming from a good ranger, because they white hit someone else.

Also note...a ranger has lkajsdlfjkadl;fkajsdl;fjasdlkfjsd more instant cast CC's than a Sin.

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    I like hoxes like you,who always claim that they have issues with rangers,while they do not give a damn about sins,who always make party whenever they see you guys in each mini,they devour hoxes like peanut-butter on a freshed baked bun..but still it is the rangers to blame..That is called either discrimination,or ignorance...lets say stupidity to sum it up..!!!!
    Thing with sin is there are not that many good one and they are not that impossible to kite, which often end up by either you kill them or your team mates kill them (speaking of average sin).
    Average or bad ranger can still do linebreaker, shattering attack+ps and beeding puncture and naturally TTS safely from distance and not much you can do about it if they spot you first.
    Luckily there are enough rangers that use advantage fire attack and fire trap against hoxes

In fact sins are 1 of most easy kills for my hox. If sin attack me its 50/50 fight (if i have avatar on cooldown), and 90% win when i have avatar up. Poss hoxes are weaker vs sins cuz their main dmg skills are magic spells. Avatar hox main skills are pillars, and he have always up polymorph (op stun).

Rangers are more difficult to kill because of this op dmg+ close-to-instant ccs. But its not impossible to kill them. If ranger is not pro it is very easy to nuke him. If he is good you need luck, on my avatar build i sometimes kill full t4 ranger by hellfire breath+pillar combo, but its luck. Poss build should work better vs rangers but poss hoxes are using useless red shadows (useless on poss build in my opinion) instead of from the beyond.
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

I bet you play on PvE server. There sin noobs don't know how to use lotus side

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast