Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition : Remove speed buff from HotU

Default Petition : Remove speed buff from HotU

Demos are already and probably one of the OP classes from the start of the game in PVP. They just have too much of everything except armor however the speed buff they get from using hands of the underworld while their targets gets a snare combined with their instant, almost instant high dps spells or waves of flame makes almost every fight turned in their favor. Example:

You approach demo he uses insta hellfire stream + detonation for the KB (both are instant). Then he uses waves of flame that take away 1/2 or more from your HP if he has good gear and ring of fire. Before you get up he uses HoTU and starts bunny hoping while dpsing in the same time. The result is you cant fight him as a meele and you cant run away. Give us a fighting chance please. Meeles should have the advantage in close distance fights and not the other way around...

i disagree.

any class can catch them pretty much.

conq can charge it, sin has speed buff, barb has speed buff, ranger can shoot it from across the map, dt has a ranged snare of 60% it can hit the demo with to hit it, bear can charge it and get a fast snare off, necro dots stay on it, mm, pom cant catch it but thats it, but a pom shouldnt be chasing a demo anwyays.

You cant remove the 1 defensive thing about a character...

...and now that i think of it ,... SW is too OP aswell , lets replace it with a rising tent , where demo lies and enjoys grapes while being intoxicated , immobilised and completely vulnerable !
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    i disagree.

any class can catch them pretty much.

conq can charge it, sin has speed buff, barb has speed buff, ranger can shoot it from across the map, dt has a ranged snare of 60% it can hit the demo with to hit it, bear can charge it and get a fast snare off, necro dots stay on it, mm, pom cant catch it but thats it, but a pom shouldnt be chasing a demo anwyays.

You cant remove the 1 defensive thing about a character...
    Well charge got 60 second cooldown.

If you don't kill him when he is KB (if he is full pvp or khitai you will not)

Then he will kite you to death.

In Jhellab sag you don't see all those démo, running arround, jumping on every stone to dps you, when you try come to him, you are KB, stun, root, or what ever...

I hate those demo and necro, they should not be possible to them to dps when running.

So much CC, so much kiting, ruin the melee pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Conq is op class
    Maybe, but trust me, a conq can't kite you while dps.

We need doing combo, we can't run and jump like a rabbit and kill you easy.

Melee has a clear advantage in close range fights. Here's an explanation before I throw out the l2p:

Your a demo, barb unstealths behind you and knocks you down. Barb turns on his dps buffs, hits you with butcher ix and atg before you get up, putting you at 40% life. You throw down detonation looking for a knockdown, but the barb already had excellent balance running so he is standing and starting another butcher on you. You can try a stun, wich he will break instantly, then throw down a hand of the underworld and retreat, hoping arcane marauder doesn't kick in.

A lot of times underworld is the only way to get away.

Pug teams and people that do not know what they are doing are horrible examples of pvp, and they complain and are listened to by devs. Horrible.

A good team will focus a demo/necro making them useless.

L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Maybe, but trust me, a conq can't kite you while dps.

We need doing combo, we can't run and jump like a rabbit and kill you easy.
    nope, but conq can fight vs multiple opponents and he dont even have to be good one, and still manage to kill one target and run away.
    Demo is good as it is, it can deal dmg but cant take much. If he choose to run half across the galaxy let him and focus someone else.

This thread needs to be deleted. HoTU is pretty much the only thing going for demo in terms of getting away. You can argue that demo has a ton of CC's. but most are wasted because every class has a break now, not to mention the classes which have extremely high immunities to CC's, like Guards.

How you can say HoTU is OP when Barbs pretty much get a 20% free movement buff from spells, all rogues get a 5% movement buff through AA on top of whatever they got, and take in the fact that any clothie can be 2-3 shotted by most classes this is just a qq thread and nothing else.

Evasive action for Ranger which gives the same immunity and evade bubble as Planar Shift is on a 3 minute quicker cool down. Hox bubble is 20 seconds long compared to 5 seconds like Planar Shift, PoM's have 3 bubbles...Conqs can have two...

There is plenty more inbalance in the game to complain about rather than HoTU.

I'd also like to add most melee attacks are cone AoE and charges will immedialty stagger anyone 90% of the time, that's already a free CC for class that relies on white hits to build combos. Not too mention a tank and any rogue can sprint close to 60% longer than any demo, I do not understand how much help people need to land combos?

If your playing a conq, my first question is if your landing all your CC's on the demo, he has 3-4 immunites up, why are you not use OLP? If not that, you can use the chargeKB, and since it's aoe it will almost always stagger the person being charged, you can then land a snare and follow up with a quick1 or 2 step combo. There are plenty of conqs who can charge me and take 60% of my health just on the charge, and that's on a fully geared full AA PvP 9 demo.

Attacking classes because of your low skill threshold does not help developers, just look at the Ranger and TTS.
    Last edited by Suctum; 6th June 2013 at 22:06.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    This thread needs to be deleted. HoTU is pretty much the only thing going for demo in terms of getting away. You can argue that demo has a ton of CC's. but most are wasted because every class has a break now, not to mention the classes which have extremely high immunities to CC's, like Guards.

How you can say HoTU is OP when Barbs pretty much get a 20% free movement buff from spells, all rogues get a 5% movement buff through AA on top of whatever they got, and take in the fact that any clothie can be 2-3 shotted by most classes this is just a qq thread and nothing else.

Evasive action for Ranger which gives the same immunity and evade bubble as Planar Shift is on a 3 minute quicker cool down. Hox bubble is 20 seconds long compared to 5 seconds like Planar Shift, PoM's have 3 bubbles...Conqs can have two...

There is plenty more inbalance in the game to complain about rather than HoTU.

I'd also like to add most melee attacks are cone AoE and charges will immedialty stagger anyone 90% of the time, that's already a free CC for class that relies on white hits to build combos. Not too mention a tank and any rogue can sprint close to 60% longer than any demo, I do not understand how much help people need to land combos?

If your playing a conq, my first question is if your landing all your CC's on the demo, he has 3-4 immunites up, why are you not use OLP? If not that, you can use the chargeKB, and since it's aoe it will almost always stagger the person being charged, you can then land a snare and follow up with a quick1 or 2 step combo. There are plenty of conqs who can charge me and take 60% of my health just on the charge, and that's on a fully geared full AA PvP 9 demo.

Attacking classes because of your low skill threshold does not help developers, just look at the Ranger and TTS.
    Charge kb, you can't have it with OLP.

I use OLP, but sorry i am not pvp 10 and i can't kill a demo in 2 second.

If i don't charge + snare, and KB and use my burst, if he don't die, he will kite me forever, i will never reach him again (charge 60 second cooldown) and i have one anti cc and 3 minut cooldown, i will be stun, kb, root or everything you want.

And enver more when the demo play on a rock in Jhebbal sag, this is crazy try kill one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast