Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sand Demon, Combat Pets? RotGS?

Default Sand Demon, Combat Pets? RotGS?

So I am about ready to leave Tortage, and have some questions.

Do most people pick up Rise of the God Slayer?
    Is that the best area to level in? I will be running with a group of four, so not really solo.

How decent are combat pets? I'm guessing they dont really do much, given that would infringe on the Necromancer/Demonologist pet abilities.

Anyone have the 'exclusive' Sand Demon pet from the Jewels of Turan pack? Are some combat pets better than others?

Thanks,
    Mal

Combat pets are trash and absolutely useless. Waste of money really

Thanks Darkness. I didnt expect them to do much. For me if I figured I could send one in to pull the mobs close together before I let loose an AE stun or unload AE damage or GTAE damage.

And what about Khitai? Is that a better place to level than your home city?

Mal

for leveling u dont need khitai, but when u hit 80 u will want it

I know I dont need it, but is Khitai a more enjoyable place to level? Does it look nicer, or have better quests? Maybe work on factions while leveling.
    I really dont care about reaching 80.

Mal

Khitai are 4 lvl 80 maps...you won't be able to do alot of levelling there,maybe a couple of last levels.

But it has alot of 6 man group dungeons for lvl 80 and T4 raid. You will get your best gear there.

Khitai have only two kind of Zone :

1) 20 - 40 leveling which is accessible for free. And they are no faction here, even if you can do a storyline of quests for either the Last Legion or the Scarlet Circle

2) 80+ zones which you have to pay for. Obviously, these zones are not for leveling (well except maybe for the last levels, like going from 79 to 80 or something since the XP rewards are good). Factions are here.

So your question is relatively short to answer. The only leveling zone is quite good, with (in my opinion) just a bit better reward and quest lines than the old world 20-40 zone. With XP potion, you enter the zone at like level 20 and go out at lvl40 nearly just by the quest. Apart from that, there's no other leveling zone in khitai, and don't hope to "work on factions while leveling", faction is a lvl80 thing. (the exception being the thieve guild in Turan)
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 5th June 2013 at 18:48.

jaedelyia, thanks for the detailed info. think I will try it out.

mal

Sand Demon, Ravager of Jhill both pretty useless, except for pulling mobs to you. Damage varies within 5 - 15 range (even crit hits). Even Tigers/Wolves faction combat pets are not much on dps:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181151

But check into Furious Spirit House Of Crom pet and Moon Child Scholars Faction pet - both are permanent and do dps and buffs.

All the damage pets will pull an add to you from a much longer distance than irritate, your spells or a xbow/bow. So if you are looking to pick up a mob from a long distance it is great for that. For damage, they just are not that great.

The kappa pet will not fight for you but will cast a buff on your character that is useful (the buff varies as to what gets cast so you can recast the pet if you want a different one).

If you are going to play out the entire game til and past lvl 80 then you really should buy the expansions.

The old areas of the game are very nice and have a lot of graphics. They aren't used as much right now since most people have been through them over and over and over and...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast