Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you kill Demo/Necro ?

Question How do you kill Demo/Necro ?

Hello conqueror !

Well i have big problem against those two class.

The main problem is the kiting, i never touch them, i charge them, then i am CC immediately, and he will never stop runing, and launch instant spell to kill me (or cc me again to burst me up).

Well i have fight a demo they are some minut, i have charge him, then i was fire and Knock back, then he was already far away, my charge aren't up anymore.

So i run after him, and use reflect damage to burst him a little, but that will never be enough, and even i run through him, i can't use my full combo on him, i will be stun before.

I can use my anti CC, but he got lot of cc to use again.

And against necro i have big problem too.

Two thing, if the necro use pet, he will run forever and i can't touch him, he jump like a bunny...

Or he is without pet, and launch awesome dot, snare me, stun me, fear me, and i dead, without realy damage him.

Well the main problem for me is kiting, even when i snare him 60%.

So do you have tips ?

If you can make a caster run away and prevent him from dpsing your group then you are doing your job, dont waste time chasing casters just scare them off. Its a rouges job to take out casters in under 3 secs dont worry about killing casters yourself unless they are easy stationary kills. In the end it all comes down to practice, you should be able to anticipate knock backs with double tap and learn how to swap stances at the right time and that comes with lots of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    If you can make a caster run away and prevent him from dpsing your group then you are doing your job, dont waste time chasing casters just scare them off. Its a rouges job to take out casters in under 3 secs dont worry about killing casters yourself unless they are easy stationary kills. In the end it all comes down to practice, you should be able to anticipate knock backs with double tap and learn how to swap stances at the right time and that comes with lots of practice.
    But i am not in group man, i am in pvp Open, outside.

How do you kill one alone, 1 vs 1 ?

Necro shouldn't be a big problem, they have a good snare but no speed buff, so it's not like they run faster than you - and yes they need to stop to cast spells so you should be able to catch them. Tbh if you charge, use your anti cc preventively & kb him you can burst him down and maybe even kill him.

Demo on the other hand should win 1o1 if he kites well. So what can you do? Be better, be smarter. Make him waste his instant kb (that he will probably use if you charge him right away), then kb him (maybe use your anti CC preventively to avoid being interrupted) and burst him down. Killing the demo pet can also be a valid tactic because it does an insane amount of damage and give green heals to the demo.

Demo is a very very strong 1o1 class though.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Necro shouldn't be a big problem, they have a good snare but no speed buff, so it's not like they run faster than you - and yes they need to stop to cast spells so you should be able to catch them. Tbh if you charge, use your anti cc preventively & kb him you can burst him down and maybe even kill him.

Demo on the other hand should win 1o1 if he kites well. So what can you do? Be better, be smarter. Make him waste his instant kb (that he will probably use if you charge him right away), then kb him (maybe use your anti CC preventively to avoid being interrupted) and burst him down. Killing the demo pet can also be a valid tactic because it does an insane amount of damage and give green heals to the demo.

Demo is a very very strong 1o1 class though.
    Not bad use the anti CC before to prevent be cc.

But are you sure that make his spell in Cooldown if he use on me ?

Well my fight :

I charge the necro, and he jump around immediately (kb don't work then) so i need maybe charge him with my snare to prevent him to go away.

I need training guys, but i admit do a combo while runing against a bunny who kill you passively with dot is very hard.

and with my latency this is hot sometime i am sure my skill don't launch.

The downside of using the anti cc preventively is that you don't get the immunity (it's the same when you resist a CC), so if he has another CC of the same type or a very short cd he can CC you again right away.

So it's a risky bet, but if it can let you land a kb on a clothie it's usually a winning bet Soldiers have enough burst for it to work. I'm not saying you have a 100% chance of killing a clothie in the time of a kb but you should take so much off his hp that with your remaining CCs and bubble you can finish him off. Demos can escape from that kind of situation though with the speedbuff (but it's not an instant cast so still not 100%) and kb if they have it ready and you don't have immunity.

Don't forget to go frenzy when you land a kb too. And then switch back to def stance right away unless you have bubble - also don't forget you CAN switch stances when kbed, rooted, snared. In def stance with pvp gear a necro won't kill you that fast and the dots will hurt but not faceroll you since he won't go SW in a duel. Demos can hurt you a lot in def stance though, and they have instant casts and stuff. But as I said demo is very strong in 1o1 and this game isn't a duel game anyway (so some classes simply CANNOT beat others given equal skill), so if the demo is good there is frankly nothing you can do besides being outright better/lucky.

Last, use your environment. Block line of sight and stuff, don't just chase the guy, especially if it's a demo since he will run faster than you for a good part of the fight anyway. And regarding kbs, you can double tap a movement key (any direction) preventively to turn a kb into a sort of negligible stun (a small animation glitch) and gain lots of time this way. But it's not easy to do with fast or instant kbs and the latency is a big problem when it comes to that. Still, successfully doing that can win you the fight vs demo - I've killed competent demos with my guard and my bs thanks (in good part) to that.
    Last edited by kalston; 5th June 2013 at 21:26.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    The downside of using the anti cc preventively is that you don't get the immunity (it's the same when your resist a CC), so if he has another C of the same type or a very short cd he can CC you again right away.

So it's a risky bet, but if it can let you land a kb on a clothie it's usually a winning bet Soldiers have enough burst for it to work. I'm not saying you have a 100% chance of killing a clothie in the time of a kb but you should take so much of his hp than with your remaining CCs and bubble you can finish him off. Demos can escape from that kind of situation though with the speedbuff (but it's not an instant cast so still not 100%).

Don't forget to go frenzy when you land a kb too. And then switch back to def stance right away unless you have bubble - also don't forget you CAN switch stances when kbed, rooted, snared. In def stance with pvp gear a necro won't kill you that fast and the dots will hurt but not faceroll you since he won't go SW in a duel. Demo can hurt you a lot in def stance though, and they have instant casts and stuff. But as I said demo is very strong in 1o1 and this game isn't a duel game anyway (so some classes simply CANNOT beat others given equal skill), so if the demo is good there is frankly nothing you can do besides being outright better/lucky.

Last, use your environment. Block line of sight and stuff, don't just chase the guy, especially if it's a demo since he will run faster than you for a good part of the fight anyway.
    Ok i will try, every stance are bind too.

If i can kb him, i use volcanic rage, my flag, and my strategie to get 30% + 20% + 40 % weapon damage, and with Frenzy, and to finish with a last one push.

I should try, but i am sure a pvp 10 will survive to my damage and kill me easy.

Ok guys this is me again.

I have kill lot of necro / demo today.

Thanks for the tip that work very well.

First i charge the guys with my anti CC up with my snare 60% (that will give imune) then i KB him (or sometime he use anti CC and then he got a 5K from OLP)

When he is Kb i use all my buff damage, and use a faint (?) not sure of English term.

then i use OLP even with two imun he got hit to 2k5 - 3 K and then i try finish him with bubble and some reflect damage, everytime i have try this 1 v 1 i have won 80% of the time, or he was run away (i didn't follow him)

With reflect damage i can remove 20% of the life necro / demo.

Now i feel better, i have done lot of duel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Ok guys this is me again.

I have kill lot of necro / demo today.

Thanks for the tip that work very well.

First i charge the guys with my anti CC up with my snare 60% (that will give imune) then i KB him (or sometime he use anti CC and then he got a 5K from OLP)

When he is Kb i use all my buff damage, and use a faint (?) not sure of English term.

then i use OLP even with two imun he got hit to 2k5 - 3 K and then i try finish him with bubble and some reflect damage, everytime i have try this 1 v 1 i have won 80% of the time, or he was run away (i didn't follow him)

With reflect damage i can remove 20% of the life necro / demo.

Now i feel better, i have done lot of duel too.
    You can also try switching to carnage and have some fun with charge/knock and some great dot dmg
    Sure its harder to play, and you melt much faster to magic dmg but its such fun build to play not boring double bubble brute.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    You can also try switching to carnage and have some fun with charge/knock and some great dot dmg
    Sure its harder to play, and you melt much faster to magic dmg but its such fun build to play not boring double bubble brute.
    Sorry i don't have one hand weapon, and i am working on a two handed khitai weapon (the general one, from kara korum, last legion).

Btw guys, kill a demo, in 1 v 1 outside this is hard but that work.

But in jhellab sag i can't guys, those demo jumping everywhere, on high place, you need to jump like super mario to get them, this is crazy.

In those BG i am a fresh meat for them, the time i come to them (can't charge they are in high place) i already lose 50% of my life, and if i come i am KB/stun/root)

So i have no choice than run ?

This is me or demo and necro are the cheated class of the moment ?

With my conq i fight every class good, but those two class in mini, is immortel and the kiting is too much

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast