Thread: Question to the Grinders

Default Question to the Grinders

Hello!
    I am doing some Refugee of the Apostate and Isle of Iron Statues again lately. In 2011 it took me just a few runs on the isle to get the "headdress of the blue sea" (turban for males, veil for females).
    Also the loot dropping now in the Refugee seems limited (i heard of an "illusionists cloak", but i always get a sword or a staff).

Has someone recently encountered the headdress from the isle or the cloak from the refugee? Are they just very rare to find now or gone (bugged) from the loot lists? Or is there a special trigger for the cloak (i know there was none for the headdress)?

I got the headdress 2 days ago, first time I've seen it in 50+ runs.

The Cape of Illusions I got 3-4 months ago though I don't do Refuge often, it's usually weapons that drop. Can't recall if I did something special the time it dropped.

refuge of apostles though being fun is a complete waste of time

They both still drop. They're just rare. Nothing special you have to do to get them.

Refuge is a great instance. Cool mechanisms and stuff. But reward is so disappointing, when you see you can make the Isle of Iron Statue in the same time or less and get like twice or thrice as much token.

Thanks for the answers!

I might still get lucky then .

Some classes have an easier time in the isle and others in the refugee, so i prefer to do both with breaks when i can't stand either of them...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th June 2013 at 20:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Thanks for the answers!

I might still get lucky then .

Some classes have an easier time in the isle and others in the refugee, so i prefer to do both with breaks when i can't stand either of them...
    Since you run those often, you might also want to consider doing dead mans hand, right beside isle, same quest giver. One of the quests in unchained leads you to a final boss in there which drops 3 rares and a bunch of other.... stuff, like social pets, rings...also gives more AA xp than the other 2. It's faster than apostate if you have a mount.

The headdress seems to drop less often than before. I got it many times when the dungeon was introduced, but nowadays, I rarely see it. A guild member needed many months of constant farming to get it.

That may be an false impression. When it was introduced, everybody (including me) visited it more often than we do now, so the total number of drops has, of course, gone back without there being any change to the drop rate. However, I think the relative number of drops (drops/run) has also gone down.

It drops normally in my opinion. I have got that cloak many times. Its just a matter of luck. It is just more rare than the weapons.