Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: multiple ToS in a group - what stacks?

Yeah I have one guy going down the Thunder line; the others speccing Lightning. Gotta have at least one of them with Set's Life Spark.

Guess I will see at 30th how this Storm Field does. From the way people describe it its pretty sick.

So if Storm Field is that great. Does it make sense to have all four guys go down the Thunder line for Set's Brutal Storm/Set Nebthu? I could get Transformation as well. And then just put the remaining 23 points in Lightning and skip idols altogether (might not be worth the time dropping them).

And does Storm Field, Storm Crown and Idols receive the benefit of different feats that buff damage, healing procs or mana regens? Some MMORPGs have the non-clicked effects not benefit - so wasnt sure.

Mal
    Last edited by Malleable60; 4th June 2013 at 10:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    tos is the best DPS healer, so when thinking about multiple healers in the group just decide whether u prefer more DPS or an extra big heal and some buffs.
    This is not always true.

If say you have guard and dt as tanks, you're pretty much reliant on someone to do physical debuffing. A bear would offer so much more to the group if there's no other class to make debuffs happen.

Tanks rely on physical debuffs to hold high agro. 2x DTs in a 2x demo, 2x tos group can struggle.

OP, I didn't realize you're in the lowlevels.

If you're gonna use Stormfield, Set's brutal storm is the only way to go.

About your last question... All spells pretty much are affected by feats that buff damage. As for healingprocs, Im not sure what you mean? Heals can only be changed by spesific feats, not typical damagebuffs (an exception here is critical hit damage, when some heals have a critting ability, like in the case of a ToS, Vital Shock)
    The same goes for manaregen, but manataps will ofcourse benefit from damagebuffs as your damage increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    About your last question... All spells pretty much are affected by feats that buff damage. As for healing procs, Im not sure what you mean? Heals can only be changed by specific feats, not typical damage buffs (an exception here is critical hit damage, when some heals have a critting ability, like in the case of a ToS, Vital Shock)
    The same goes for manaregen, but manataps will ofcourse benefit from damagebuffs as your damage increases.
    Static Blood gives a portion of damage done back as healing. I guess if mana is returned for damage from Idol/StormCrown/StormField then healing should be as well.

My thought was that these three might not benefit from feats that provided +electrical damage on hits, +% damage increases, etc. Like an Idol would do a set attack damage and not benefit from these things. Nice that the game doesnt exclude certain spells from feat bonuses like some games do.

And here is a question that just came to mind.
    What is the range on these lighting effects from Storm Field, Storm Crown and Idol of Set? Same as a normal spell?
    If it is shorter I guess I would have to charge into a group of mobs to get it to proc on them.

Mal
    Last edited by Malleable60; 4th June 2013 at 15:57.

This is not always true.

If say you have guard and dt as tanks, you're pretty much reliant on someone to do physical debuffing. A bear would offer so much more to the group if there's no other class to make debuffs happen.

Tanks rely on physical debuffs to hold high agro. 2x DTs in a 2x demo, 2x tos group can struggle.
    you can get the same physical debuffs if you have a barb in the group, moreover, a DT will benefit more by having a necro in the group for unholy debuff

You definately want to build for brutal storm/nebthu on all of your toses. Lightning tree is lackluster at higher ranks. It is enough to go up to elemental fury and column lightning.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    You definately want to build for brutal storm/nebthu on all of your toses. Lightning tree is lackluster at higher ranks. It is enough to go up to elemental fury and column lightning.
    Ahhh. So Cyclones and Lightning Storm Nimbus are not really good?

And would you know what the range is on lightning from Storm Field is? The same as most spells?

Five meters that can be extened by feats - but it is really a waste of points in most occassions.

While SF is up you can not cast lightning strike, this means the foundation of the ToS is staying just outside melee range and pulsing damage on all present while she heals and casts spells like call lightning, charged blast, vital strike and column lightning.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    you can get the same physical debuffs if you have a barb in the group
    Not true, barb can only apply physical torments. Bears debuff ruin, wrack and torments, as a tos can debuff the same in elemental.

Sure, we can go on about other classes too like necro/sin/ranger/guard/conq that can physical debuff too but this was about what healers to bring! I don't agree about the nec, sure necros are sexy, but the first priority for a DT should be physical so you can increase lifetaps and damage from the DTs main hatecombo BfA.
    Just my opinion.

To OP, I think you should enjoy the tos like Nevsky says by using the self centered AoE spells! You'll be able to dish out the most damage and heals this way for sure.

I forgot about Static Blood, and you are correct. It works in synergy with all spells increasing your damage. Magical damage done will always give you life while this is activated, just like the magical mana tap from the passive Ether Absorption or Blood Mana.

As for the spells range:

Storm Crown - quite short self centered aoe, I think 3 meters only.
    Storm Field - self centered aoe, I think 5 meters innate range, with Titanic Storm feat it's 7 meters which is a significant boost. Very nice feat for questing and PvP.
    Idol of Set - range shown when you lay it down, but I think it exceeds this by alittle.

So as you already realized, positioning is key, and yes you'll nearly be tanking them (and you can, you have a shield and heals!) Keep Quicksand ready in case you run into trouble though.

To OP, I think you should enjoy the tos like Nevsky says by using the self centered AoE spells! You'll be able to dish out the most damage and heals this way for sure.

I forgot about Static Blood, and you are correct. It works in synergy with all spells increasing your damage. Magical damage done will always give you life while this is activated, just like the magical mana tap from the passive Ether Absorption or Blood Mana.

As for the spells range:

Storm Crown - quite short self centered aoe, I think 3 meters only.
    Storm Field - self centered aoe, I think 5 meters innate range, with Titanic Storm feat it's 7 meters which is a significant boost. Very nice feat for questing and PvP.
    Idol of Set - range shown when you lay it down, but I think it exceeds this by alittle.

So as you already realized, positioning is key, and yes you'll nearly be tanking them (and you can, you have a shield and heals!) Keep Quicksand ready in case you run into trouble though.
    Hmmm. Sure I guess I only get off like cast or two before a mob gets in melee range anyways. And this way I guess I can keep the melee and ranged guys lumped together. There is something nice about dropping stuff from a ways off. But this way I guess the loot is all piled up around me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12