Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multiple ToS in a group - what stacks?

Default multiple ToS in a group - what stacks?

So it appears that the Healing Lotus and Life of Set stack.
    But what about some of the buffs that proc?
    Idol of Set?
    Storm Crown?
    Empowered Life of Set?
    Coalesce Ether?
    Storm Nimbus?

I know the advice is to have different healer types in a group, but would like to know.

Thanks,
    Mal
    Last edited by Malleable60; 3rd June 2013 at 13:25.

Life of Set does not stack. Blue heals of any kind never do. However the toses can affect oneanother with a healers full blue heal (192 per tick, unfeated)
    Maybe you didn't know, but your own blue heal only heal yourself for 50%.

About Healing Lotus, as all green heals, can stack 2x. Independent of whatever kind, 2x green heal is max.

Idol of Set and it's buffs do not stack per say, but the idols pulses a buff every now and then (something like every 3 seconds) to allies near that will disappear upon "activation" (example: resonance buff go off for melees when they hit something. For other classes it's bound to certain spells)
    This means when you have 2 Idols stacked this buff will tick on allies twice as often and thereby give a chance for allies to "activate" this buff more often if they are able to recieve both.
    If the 2x idols are put down at the exact same time the chances of getting a double ammount of resonance-procs would be small as you cannot have 2x resonance buffs on you at the same time. The second pulse of resonance from Idol is wasted, if you understand?

With Storm Crown no ally can have 2x regalia of the storm buffs, so it's fair to say it does not stack. The tormentstacking will happen at 2x the speed atleast and 5x fast stacks is always good when fighting adds or anything that appears and should be burst down fast. Toses synergize really well together in this regard, elemental debuffing.

Empowered Life of Set works exactly like the Resonance buff from Idol of Set. For toses, melee users and rangers you can only have 1x Storm Charge (the spell name for Empowered Life of Set) on you at the same time, and it will disappear upon activation. So it does not stack in the traditional sense, but in a way it stacks like I tried to explain with Resonance. If you use 2x Life of Sets with good interval so your allies have time to activate their Storm Charge buff before the next one come, you'll essentially have double the ammount of Storm Charge. This has some serious potential in a melee heavy raid (read: melee pet necros)

Coalesce Ether and Storm Nimbus cannot stack. I don't believe Blood Mana can Either.

About advice to have different healers in group, in most cases probably a good idea, but sometimes take such advice with a grain of salt.
    Sure, you miss out on one bigheal, maybe some debuff diversity, but it's all situational. Who will benefit from what is what you have to think about! What if there is no unholy/holy user in your group, and you bring a pom over 2x toses?

Sorry for messy explainations. If there's something unclear, please ask.

Lurvi. Thanks very much for your reply. And I thought your explanations were very clear.
    I thought I saw multiple Life's of Set going, but guess I was mistaken. I saw the two Healing Lotus going, but didnt know that it was limited to two stacks - which is good to know.
    Currently boxing x4 ToS. Just casual play, no PvP.

Thanks again,
    Mal

Interesting. As I said, if you can make intervals between spells there would be some nice benefits compared to completely synced up toses.

Yeah, tossing around the idea. I'd have to balance the difficulty of getting them synced correctly with where the points could be used elsewhere.
    I'm sure if I could time dropping idols, or other team buff procs, I could overall do a lot of damage, but then it would be a longer run fight. And I do tend to like to drop stuff real fast rather than build up.
    I figure I could take them all to one point in Idol and test it out.
    On the other hand I could just put them all down the Lightning spec and give up rotations all together. Not sure how good Puppets is, but four ToS could rotate and keep stuff locked down for a good while. And could still get four Cyclones.
    Decisions, decisions.

Thanks again,
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Maybe you didn't know, but your own blue heal only heal yourself for 50%.
    Unless you have the AA that increases it to 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    I figure I could take them all to one point in Idol and test it out.
    Yeah Idol is best for building up over some time. If you're to go Idol in PvE you must feat to Idol of Set's Supremacy (aka Resonance). Only one point Idol is strictly for PvP builds interrupting flag imo.
    About Symbiotic Idol of Set, it's more of a feat for raids or dungeons where you're stationary for the entire Idol duration, so I would avoid that in your case.

It depends, where do you even play with 4x toses? You will annihlate everything no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Unless you have the AA that increases it to 75%.
    Yeah ofcourse, or with Healing Spirit in general tree too adding another 50% from self-base, making it 100% if combined!

None of these very important for OP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    It depends, where do you even play with 4x toses? You will annihlate everything no matter what
    Yeah, they have been running pretty good. Made 15th last night.
    I did get wiped a couple times when I got overwhelmed.
    Normal content drops very fast.
    Havent tried Epic yet, but think I will have issues. I think when things have tons of HPs I will have mana issues, and when things hit hard I wont be able to keep everyone alive given the Light armor.
    Granted, I'm not at all concerned about raids, but if there was a way I could handle difficult mob bosses myself without a tank, either by ramping up my DPS, alternating stuns, overlapping heals, etc. I'd like to do it.

Mal

with the nerf of degregation of set, multiple toses in the group can pump up elemental torments on the targets faster and thus improve each other's and other mages DPS.

also, if one tos has feated storm nimbus it will buff the others as well.

and also, tos is the best DPS healer, so when thinking about multiple healers in the group just decide whether u prefer more DPS or an extra big heal and some buffs.

but im not objective, as far as im concerned you can do any instance (raids too) with just tanks and ToSes

When you get storm field, it will go ridiculously fast. I'd say you four toses could easily take on four-five times as many level mobs (maybe with the exception of khitai at 80 unless gear is on par).
    Just pop Storm Field and green heal and spam blue heals to keep all toses at 192h/s. Things will melt
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast