Thread: New to 80, can I get an outline?

Default New to 80, can I get an outline?

Conqueror (Doloman on Set) is my first 80 in AoC it also happens to be my first character as well. Recently I hit the max level and now I'm really starting to feel what the game is ACTUALLY like. I have done my best to get in on a few 6 mans and raids and have even scored a couple t1 items here and there. In the recent anniversary events I was lucky enough to get my t2 sword. But I feel as if I'm a bit lost now.

I understand there are a few guides as to what dungeons should be ran when and that I need to jump in as many pugs that will allow it, but is there more I should know? No matter what part of the world in AoC I go adventure there are still quests all about at level 80. I pick up a few of them just to see what they are about, most just seem to be time killers or something that was made for level 78 or 79. That being said are there quests that are an absolute necessity at level 80, especially for a conqueror? I could definitely use a little help on that. There are still so many people with "!" above their head, I simply wish to find out which ones are worth doing. Lots of people said to do Bowls of Set to get a good two hander (I am brute after all) but I figured since I have my bloodregent that it probably isn't needed. I somehow feel there are probably some good rings or something that would benefit a conq out there. Also are there quests that pair nicely with the level 80 dungeons?

Some people say just start on Khitai immediately, but I feel that I would be skipping over a lot of cool stuff if I just ran up to Khitai right away. Or is this just a delusion I have?

I've done my share of scouring the forums for advice but these are just a few questions that I could use some help with. So if you got any gems of advice I would really appreciate it!

That being said I'm having a great time with this game and I like it more than any other MMO I've played. I'm currently a brute spec conq who is working his way towards Battlefield commander, which seems like it may take some time. With that I'm also trying to figure out my role in the group, which light DPS/offtank seems to be the roll I fill. Anyway I digress and would really appreciate any feedback! Thank you

Stricly speaking about old word quests : Conan quest, Destiny quest and Raid quests are the ones you might want to aim in priority.

But otherwise, Khitai is definitely the place where you will gonna spend a LOT of time very soon. Choose faction and grind a bit to higher rank is a very good way to learn how your class have to be played against 80+ mobs and most of all, it's a very good way to grab some very good blue gear (actually most of the time on par with epic T1, sometime even better for some classes).

You can try unchained version of solo dungeon which are nice and jump into 6 man pug. Try maybe to do some NM at fisrt to familiarize with the instance before grinding HM. Also, don't hesitate to do Old world high level instance : The stuff probably won't be as good, but it's always nice to see them from time to time.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 3rd June 2013 at 16:10.

You can get some decent accessories from crows nest quests in commons district. Some quests are shareable from there and others I think you need to do some prerequisites in commons. Other than that, do your destiny quests and head off to khitai.

Conq can brute tank fairly well in the gear you have. In khitai I wouldn't immediately advertise myself as a main tank but I'd come in brute spec and see what kind of aggro you have. If you're finding yourself pulling off the main tank and surviving then go ahead and main tank.

If you have a very strong main tank, feel free to go carnage and put out some dps.
    Last edited by Erock25; 3rd June 2013 at 14:51.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Go tank in the old world dungeons, like atzel's fortress and xibaluku.

From Xiba, you can get a decent protection set, which looks really cool too.

One advice... get a guild. Going with pug groups all the time will soon make you wanna kill yourself when beeing badmouthed by kids who doesn't think your gear or exp is top notch.
    Get into a nice social guild and go in groups with them, guildies tend to be both nicer and more helpful than pug rascals. ;-)

Crows Nest also gives nice ring+nec+cloak... Just don't forget to choose tank or dps stuff, depending on what you want to play as in the future

Thank you guys! You're awesome for giving me advice. I'm taking steps on all of the aforementioned items. Looking for a good guild, checking a decent carnage spec so I can switch to it if needed (even though I totally prefer Brute). What is the name of that old world tanking set? And excited to do Crow's nest, I ought check the wiki for necessary quests. Sounds like I got a decent amount to do before I wrap my blade around Khitai.

Quote Originally Posted by jRungz View Post
    Thank you guys! You're awesome for giving me advice. I'm taking steps on all of the aforementioned items. Looking for a good guild, checking a decent carnage spec so I can switch to it if needed (even though I totally prefer Brute). What is the name of that old world tanking set? And excited to do Crow's nest, I ought check the wiki for necessary quests. Sounds like I got a decent amount to do before I wrap my blade around Khitai.
    The only items that are 'worth the time' from old world six mans are the accessories from the crows nest quests. To me they are worth the time because you are guaranteed to get them first time through there and don't have to rely on lucky drops. Now of course that 'worth the time' is subjective. Basically all the armor from old world six mans can easily and quickly be replaced with superior items from khitai or crafted gear(with proper gem slots for protection). There are some epic necklace/ring drops from Iron Tower or Xib, I forget, but they require rare bosses I believe. If seeing all the content however, is more important to you than getting the best gear as quickly as possible then definitely head to the old world dungeons first.
    Last edited by Erock25; 4th June 2013 at 02:42.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

If you like saving the world from various dangers, you should do all those !s you see. You'll definitely miss out a lot if you go to Khitai right away (you'll also get beat up).

Crows Nest has great accesories. Xibaluku has the highest protection plate set inside and is the bestest dungeon. Iron Tower contains the coolest looking armors in entire game. House of Crom offers lightning fast gear for newbies. Atzel is a nice grouping tutorial and Onyx is ****ing terrible. Caravan Raiders is completely insignificant. T1 and T2 raids are all right but grinding those would be pointless. T3 isn't for new players. Neither Turan nor Dragonspine are suitable for fresh 80s.

Righteous! Yeah just finished up my destiny quest so I think I'm going to try PuG some Atzel's. I did it once and I really enjoyed it! Another reason I love doing most of the content is that the Vanity tab has provided considerable replay value. I love playing fantasy dress up. I took my first shot at Onyx the other day and that was just miserable... I wouldn't mind avoiding that kind of stuff. Was worth doing once, but definitely not twice.