Thread: Interesting Observation On Latency, Funcom Please Explain =)

Default Interesting Observation On Latency, Funcom Please Explain =)

So I play The Secret World when I'm not raiding in Age of Conan. And my latency in that game ranges from 40-65, where as in Age of Conan, my latency ranges from 55-90. I am writing this on 6/2/2013, so I am under the assumption that the 2 games are currently being hosted in the exact same location. Why the difference in latency?

Edit: I am only posting this since I figure it could be something Funcom could take a look into, in the hopes that maybe they could stabilize the Latency a bit in AoC if they can figure out what the difference is.
    Last edited by Deathsader; 2nd June 2013 at 20:59.

TSW has better netcode(thought joel mentioned some network layer rework would come soon to aoc if im not mistaken)

You have low latency that many of us only dream of, and often the low latency for aoc and tsw are not the same..... and you post a please explain in the hope it can be fixed ... champaign problems :-)

His question is legitimate, why does TSW give better latency if the servers are the same? That means AoC's netcode is poor and that there is room for improvement.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Try to ping tsw servers and do a tracert.
    I think they're in the same place and the ping ingame is just not the right one. Many people have 120ms of ping (+40-60ms to go to the usa) but they have too bad latency somtimes because their provider have too much traffic to usa (try a vpn in europe and it will be better)

My pings are almost identical 95 - 110ms ...

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    His question is legitimate, why does TSW give better latency if the servers are the same? That means AoC's netcode is poor and that there is room for improvement.
    And the GD addressed it previously. So starting yet another thread on latency is not legitimate.

EDIT: just found the culprit. A bad router!!

Edited by Arishanya to remove profanity. Please remember to follow the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 5th June 2013 at 20:25.