Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning vet with questions

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    I noticed the DoT from Burn to Death increases as combat rating/strength increases. Has nothing to do with magic damage or intelligence.

- Gank
    No, trust me...magic damage increases the DoT. Do a strawman test with just Burn to Death. Then do a strawman test with Demon Maw. You'll notice a difference, since the DoT hits for a static amount.

P.S. Make sure the strawman isn't debuffed.

Both strength/combat rating and magic damage increases the btd dot. Pretty much the only thing that doesn't is intelligence which is a subject of being a bug that never gets fixed. Weapon damage increases it as well which is the reason why everyone buff btd up with the Exultation.

However the amount of increase you get with strength/combat rating is minimal compared to magic damage.

Inferno Curse and MSS increase it because the target will have lower mitigation to fire damage when it has those debuffs running. For the actual btd damage they do nothing.
    Nifie @CROM

Imo CR doesnt improve the dot, thats the reason why Hell on Earth is sub mediocre. But weapon damage on the other hand does push the dot damage (eg Butcher and Exulation).

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    the reason why Hell on Earth is sub mediocre...
    It is not Hell on Earth but rather nice wet May´s raining. The only hell you can get is the one when you feat it...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Weapon dmg increase dot on btd not combat rating. Thats why casting eox is good to buf dot. But dot is increased on debufed target so dont forget to debuf if possible. Demon maw and demon form buf it to also PoT from AA tree. Personally i love using PoT instead rsox but it is situational as rhuen said.

I was going to go Wolves gear, but after looking it has only int no raw magic damage. So only raw magic damage items increase the dot on BTD?

One final question, someone told me fire lance is based on magic damage and int because it hits for magic damage and not strength and combat is this true also?

thanks

also - I picked hox because I prefer melee rather then demo-necro casters. So if i'm avatar heavy hybrid wolves seems like the best gear choice, and maybe get some +magic damage rings or necklace? With BB I feel like I would be awful squishy..

I guess I'm torn what to go for, strength+CR or full magic damage or a healthy mix of both..
    Last edited by Apexpredator; 14th June 2013 at 06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexpredator View Post
    I was going to go Wolves gear, but after looking it has only int no raw magic damage. So only raw magic damage items increase the dot on BTD?

One final question, someone told me fire lance is based on magic damage and int because it hits for magic damage and not strength and combat is this true also?

thanks

also - I picked hox because I prefer melee rather then demo-necro casters. So if i'm avatar heavy hybrid wolves seems like the best gear choice, and maybe get some +magic damage rings or necklace? With BB I feel like I would be awful squishy..

I guess I'm torn what to go for, strength+CR or full magic damage or a healthy mix of both..
    Fire Lance is a regular combo that just happens to deal fire damage, so it is based off str/combat rating (the usual).

Wolves of the Steppes gear misses crit on some pieces and has pure intelligence rather than magic damage which is less useful.

Ultimately the brittle blade set is the clear winner. You want exactly those kinds of stats and on your accessories aim for magic damage before combat rating.

Well i'm rank 2 with wolves already. I think i'm to far in to stop now :-( BB I used on my old account and got melted in PVP.

Another dumb question, I have RSOX feat, but I've never once got a rez from it, am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Apexpredator View Post
    Well i'm rank 2 with wolves already. I think i'm to far in to stop now :-( BB I used on my old account and got melted in PVP.

Another dumb question, I have RSOX feat, but I've never once got a rez from it, am I doing something wrong?
    I'd probably suggest stopping Wolves and going for Hyrk for the 2HE unless you have something very similar to it already.

RSOX needs to first be slotted and then activated as an ability. You'll get a buff for 30 minutes and if you die in that time you'll get your rez then.

IF your aim is strictly PvP, you might be better off getting a couple of the wolves main pieces, which can be bought without getting to rank 4.

I'd stop the wolves faction, and start with the Hyrkanian faction to get the HoX sword. Which is one of the best PvE/PvP swords out there, other than t4.

And I'd level up Brittle Blade anyway, especially since Death's Ward is one of the best defensive rings in the game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast