Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning vet with questions

Default Returning vet with questions

I am returning after 2.5 years and had a simple question I'm a bit confused about.

Hox melee combos BTD, POIF, FL etc etc are these effected by strength like normal melee or magic damage? I know the burn damage is magic, but does combat rating and strength effect melee dps?

the combo itselve benefits only from combat rating (and therefor strength)

Ok so combat rating increase the combo starter+finsiher, and all other burn damage is magic. A few more questions for ya'll..

1) If i'm going avatar/poss should I rush Red shadows? Or is from the beyond better?

2)do pressing and decisive strikes in the AA tree effect pvp? When your PVPing do you run those or field of war?

3)And lastly, the MSS combo is pretty weak damage+slow animation. Whar rank of it do you guys use? Or do you even use it at all?

Thanks

1) yes rsox is THE gold feat to get when u dont have alot of aa points, there are other builds and aa feats which are really usefull but rsox is the overall best thing

2)yes and mostly ^^

3) mss is not for dmg its for debuffing to make your other stuff hit stronger, i use the highest

1.) Red Shadows is probably the best all-around AA out there. Others are good, but tend to be more situational.

2.) I generally run Decisive or Pressing. Sometimes however, I will run Decisive and Chromatic Warding.

3.) I use the Khitai rank of MSS. It's MSS VI, I believe. And it can hit rather hard. I've had mine crit for over 4k a few times. But the debuff is what matters.

I like Field of War a lot more than Decisive Strikes.
    That may stems from the low +critdamage (~10%) i got because i run Transcendence and Chromatic instead of Pressing and Will of the Sublime.

Also depending on enemy setup i often chose to perk From the Beyond for those "always running" Rangers, Barbs, Sins and Demos.
    + more time in DE means more time of increased knockback- and fearimmunity. If you are sold on FtB it's even viable to get Lingering Hell, which applies good pressure after hellstepping.
    Last edited by Corais; 1st June 2013 at 10:28.

Ooo, I wanna get in on this action...

Is Fire Lance still a ridiculous DPS boost and something you should shoot for asap, or did they finally nerf it down to reasonable (ie: unfun) levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Ooo, I wanna get in on this action...

Is Fire Lance still a ridiculous DPS boost and something you should shoot for asap, or did they finally nerf it down to reasonable (ie: unfun) levels?
    It hits for around the same damage as Hellstrikes 5/6 now. So ****, unless it crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexpredator View Post
    Ok so combat rating increase the combo starter+finsiher, and all other burn damage is magic. A few more questions for ya'll..

1) If i'm going avatar/poss should I rush Red shadows? Or is from the beyond better?

2)do pressing and decisive strikes in the AA tree effect pvp? When your PVPing do you run those or field of war?

3)And lastly, the MSS combo is pretty weak damage+slow animation. Whar rank of it do you guys use? Or do you even use it at all?

Thanks
    I noticed the DoT from Burn to Death increases as combat rating/strength increases. Has nothing to do with magic damage or intelligence.

- Gank
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    I noticed the DoT from Burn to Death increases as combat rating/strength increases. Has nothing to do with magic damage or intelligence.

- Gank
    perhaps you are right but i noticed that after using inferno curse in a running btd dot the damage increased too.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast