Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do we have far east server?

Default do we have far east server?

in a later years, i will be move to Hongkong to work.. just wanna ask do we have Chinese server or Hongkong TAIWAN server?? will i get high lantency on those locations ? anybody know how is the lantency in those area?

Probably you are not going to be that much further away from the servers then most people living in the middle of europe. I suppose latency won't be too bad, otherwise they wouldn't be playing right?

Nope, prepare for high latency gaming (kinda like what the Aussies are getting atm, 300ms+, maybe a bit higher or a bit lower depending on how good your connection is)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

There are only servers in USA now. So yeah, middle-> eastern EU would have same as hongkong

Shianah, 300+ IS what eastern EU got now

Quote Originally Posted by longkuaiji View Post
    Shianah, 300+ IS what eastern EU got now
    Well I guess it also depends on local lines. Middle Europe is that not that much closer to south east US then Hongkong will be right?

Edit: But, I suppose you'd have to ask some chinese goldsellers to be sure *evilgrin*

Australians are further away I suppose? There are still guys playing from there, right?
    Last edited by Blackfir; 30th May 2013 at 15:53.

Erm, Moscow - NY is 7500km and Hong Kong - NY is 12000km. Did you forget how big the Pacific Ocean is? :P

And some people in Moscow with fiber optic can get like 130-140ms on NY servers, not people from Hong Kong sure many are getting 200-300ms but let's not exaggerate.

Edit : fixed NY/Moscow distance
    Last edited by kalston; 30th May 2013 at 16:02.

Question you should be asking is: Does Chinas internet control allow you to play a Fasist/Capitalist/Communist hating game like age of conan?

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Erm, Moscow - NY is 4700km and Hong Kong - NY is 12000km. Did you forget how big the Pacific Ocean is? :P

And some people in Moscow with fiber optic can get like 130-140ms on NY servers, not people from Hong Kong sure many are getting 200-300ms but let's not exaggerate.
    +/-4700 miles, not km (7504,90 km)

anyway, there used to be Korean AoC servers, what happened to them? btw they had f2p model way sooner than the original "western" version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqnuzBavkM
    http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/show....php?p=2811279
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/07...na-conversion/
    Last edited by Argantes; 30th May 2013 at 15:55.

Yes that mistake again fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast