Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest for New and Casual players

Lightbulb Latest for New and Casual players

Here's the latest This Machine Age entry, with some help for those with alt-itis.

CLICK
    Last edited by ibrock; 30th May 2013 at 18:08.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by ibrock View Post
    Here's the latest This Machine Age entry, with some help for those with alt-itis.

CLICK
    baaaad link (with bonus /http://)

http://thismachineageblog.blogspot.s...all-folks.html

Red face Oops!

Doh! ><

Fixed now ... Argantes, thanks for posting the correct one!
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Added some info to the figure and fixed an error in the key.

in your stats table are some serious errors and some things we could argue about ^^ u should look over that again before posting it for new players (who will believe everything)
    Some examples of serious erros: demo doesnt need cold magic dmg and necs dont need electrical magic dmg. Combatrating for POMs? and so on...

Things to argue: hit rating is important for everyone (khitai upwards) , combat rating for BS only M ? ok most of his combat rating comes from str but still combat rating is very usefull for BS

Cheers,

M8 ... excellent feedback, Mantic0r3. You've definitely zeroed in on the classes that I know the least about (Necro, Demo, and BS). And yeah I'm still learning PoM (How is Combat Rating not moderately useful?). I've tweaked the table a little.

For the record ... I'm open to any and all constructive input. I don't wanna get into the nitty-gritty details (e.g accounting for specific builds) with each class, but I will address any gaping errors that folks indicate.

Thanks.

Because Combat Rating affects melee dps and that is not what a PoM does.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Thanks for the blog. It's always nice to see people involved in the game and produced usefull content.

However, just by looking at the table, there's indeed a bunch of error. In addition of those that were stated above, I spot of few big ones. For instance, it is written in the table than DT should prefer Intel to wisdom, because "Intel give +magic damage and mana" while wisdom gives only "protec Holy/Unholy". Well, this is not true. It's Wisdom that give Dark Templar a bonus to magic damage. (And it also give mana). So a DT would be more likely to have more wisdom than more intel, not the contrary.

Also, I don't really understand why they shoudl care less about evade than other soldier and why they want want plate more than conq, but it's minor details.

Finally, but it's purely a matter of taste, I think the lighter color should be given to the "LESS DESIRABLE" since my eyes are naturally more attracted to thing bold and with more pronounced colors : it's like an highlight. But in this case, the highlight indicate the less important things. But hey, it don't matter that much.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the further feedback, Jaedelyia. I'll have another look and act on your comments. I'll check my notes on the DT (I think I got that bit from a Dev's comment on the forums ... but it could be an error).

(Except the colours ... that's subjective and it's more work than changing text )

I'll hold off tonight, in the event that more players, throw in.

All constructive feedback is welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast