Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New PvP gear

Default ....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    while you inst on saying doesnt need i will insist on saying competitive.

minigames are infested by conq rerollers and guardians and poms .
    playing necro in that full plate/heavy universe i feel redundant in pvp gear and meaningfull and able to play class to the fullest in t4 gear.
    plz tell me why would i join a unchained minigame on my necro if i couldnt use the gear that makes me able to be better in killing a flag carrier or merely survive a soldier.

i would on the other hand have no problems playing unchained on my dt hox bs given those classes rely heavy on pvp gear to survive the soldier holocaust .

btw full t4 pom is maybe hardest hitting magic dealer in game mse+instat cast smite+instant big heal and people die :P
    and its not op given such a pom is very vulnerable to demo/necro or rogue burst in full t4 gear ofc.
    In Crom no Conq rerollers top the kills..or guards or dts..On the other hand Demos,Necros and Sins easily top kills in every game,(20-25 kills)with the exception of a few poms,and rangers from time to time who climb up in kills...
    Soldiers- yes they are hard to kill,but they lack dps...they were always lacking gps..only IF opponent team is completely useless,and don't attack at all,you may see some soldiers do 10-15 kills, but that happens rarely..so I think its a matter of server and playstyle and not a matter of class...So conclusion..Mages always will whine and they will always do the most kills still..Its a crazy situation..

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    In Crom no Conq rerollers top the kills..or guards or dts..On the other hand Demos,Necros and Sins easily top kills in every game,(20-25 kills)with the exception of a few poms,and rangers from time to time who climb up in kills...
    Soldiers- yes they are hard to kill,but they lack dps...they were always lacking gps..only IF opponent team is completely useless,and don't attack at all,you may see some soldiers do 10-15 kills, but that happens rarely..so I think its a matter of server and playstyle and not a matter of class...So conclusion..Mages always will whine and they will always do the most kills still..Its a crazy situation..
    U need to play on US
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Ain't like that on Fury. I see DTs very often at the top (most conqs we have are terrible though, but still happens with them too) and some guards (well there's at least myself when I'm not FC but sometimes even with the flag). And that's for all minis even JS. Not saying casters and rangers don't get lots of kills but they die a lot more than soldiers. We even have a few special barbs topping kills frequently when they are online Used to see lots of sins doing great but it's EXTREMELY rare now, probably most obvious effect of the latency.
    Last edited by kalston; 15th June 2013 at 06:38.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

yes they are hard to kill,but they lack dps...they were always lacking gps..
    You can't be serious.

Yeah, lacking in DPS my ass. They do plenty.

You didn't say the full truth.
    Soldiers don't usually top kills on Corm, but they have by far the best k/d (and still some players get a very good amount of kills).
    Necro / Demo most times top the kills (as sin, ranger), but most times they also top deads, so in the end their k/d is by far lower than any soldier.
    I'm not a QQing mage player, demo (my mage class) is perfectly fine as it is, bit it's good to say things as they are.
    Last edited by Calore; 15th June 2013 at 09:02.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    You didn't say the full truth.
    Soldiers don't usually top kills on Corm, but they have by far the best k/d (and still some players get a very good amount of kills).
    Necro / Demo most times top the kills (as sin, ranger), but most times they also top deads, so in the end their k/d is by far lower than any soldier.
    I'm not a QQing mage player, demo (my mage class) is perfectly fine as it is, bit it's good to say things as they are.
    If your a caster going 20:17 your not playing smart. That's just average players getting 1:1 ratio's because the t4 armor is so good that it's almost impossible to go negative. I try to hold myself to at least a 3:1, not always possible with pug minis but you all get what I'm saying.

Anyways, t4 armor while powerful, does not need any nerfing. You need that armor to complete t4 and possibly the new DS content. I don't understand why they add base magic damage on top of the intelligence (ex 120 intelligence AND 30 magic damage), but I suppose it's like adding combat rating along with strength.

The problem is the T3 PvP armor. T3 PvP armor is not on par with T4 armor, and I am definitely having my doubts about how important tenacity really is, which is the only other bonus to PvP armor along with protection. The PvP T3 Demo chest is 92 Inteligence and +18 PvP magic damage, the T4 chest is 130 something and 40 magic damage, with much higher crit rating and crit chance rating, and a higher critigation, constitution and armor remain the same.

In full PvP armor, with the PvP weapons and accessorie the best magic damage you can get on a demo is a little over 1,000. If you use FoW you can get close to 1,100. A demo in t4 has well over 1,400 and that's not including weapons. That is a huge difference in dps, and with a huge boost in crit rating you'll be criting more often, another huge boost in dps.

PvPers are upset that we all spent the grind to get to 10, and that at the end of the road we are left with inferior armor and weapons. Can people just do T4 and gear themselves and stfu? Sure, but that doesn't fix the fact that the PvP armor MUST be looked at and addressed. It doesn't make sense that you need a massive amount of experience (which is earned very slowly), Tokens and Badges, and all that time invested to end up with gear that is inferior to PvP with when it is made for that purpose only. That's what people are upset about.

If bad players get carried through T4 and enjoy playing classes like Rangers where they can literally stand like a statue and click and still get rewarded with a 1:1 average and 2 shot cloths, whatever. There will always be a class or two that is friendly to that kind of player. I rage about TTS all day, but I still understand why it's there and who it's for. Nerfing T4 for these people or anyone is useless, but the PvP gear really needs to be looked at. Anyone who grinded to PvP 10 worked harder than anyone who goes to t4 once a week, they should be rewarded as such.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If your a caster going 20:17 your not playing smart. That's just average players getting 1:1 ratio's because the t4 armor is so good that it's almost impossible to go negative. I try to hold myself to at least a 3:1, not always possible with pug minis but you all get what I'm saying.

Anyways, t4 armor while powerful, does not need any nerfing. You need that armor to complete t4 and possibly the new DS content. I don't understand why they add base magic damage on top of the intelligence (ex 120 intelligence AND 30 magic damage), but I suppose it's like adding combat rating along with strength.

The problem is the T3 PvP armor. T3 PvP armor is not on par with T4 armor, and I am definitely having my doubts about how important tenacity really is, which is the only other bonus to PvP armor along with protection. The PvP T3 Demo chest is 92 Inteligence and +18 PvP magic damage, the T4 chest is 130 something and 40 magic damage, with much higher crit rating and crit chance rating, and a higher critigation, constitution and armor remain the same.

In full PvP armor, with the PvP weapons and accessorie the best magic damage you can get on a demo is a little over 1,000. If you use FoW you can get close to 1,100. A demo in t4 has well over 1,400 and that's not including weapons. That is a huge difference in dps, and with a huge boost in crit rating you'll be criting more often, another huge boost in dps.

PvPers are upset that we all spent the grind to get to 10, and that at the end of the road we are left with inferior armor and weapons. Can people just do T4 and gear themselves and stfu? Sure, but that doesn't fix the fact that the PvP armor MUST be looked at and addressed. It doesn't make sense that you need a massive amount of experience (which is earned very slowly), Tokens and Badges, and all that time invested to end up with gear that is inferior to PvP with when it is made for that purpose only. That's what people are upset about.

If bad players get carried through T4 and enjoy playing classes like Rangers where they can literally stand like a statue and click and still get rewarded with a 1:1 average and 2 shot cloths, whatever. There will always be a class or two that is friendly to that kind of player. I rage about TTS all day, but I still understand why it's there and who it's for. Nerfing T4 for these people or anyone is useless, but the PvP gear really needs to be looked at. Anyone who grinded to PvP 10 worked harder than anyone who goes to t4 once a week, they should be rewarded as such.
    Nice post and you summed it all up pretty nice.
    Also one more point, I just dont want to do pve, never did it and never will. Just dont like it and its not my style, specially raids, so i will never hav t4 gear. I only play for pvp and grinded my pvp lvls without bori, its bit annoying to see people with low pvp lvls being superior in dps department because of gear.
    There are a lot more players that just dont want to raid, or dont have time for it. Please funcom its really time to fix this by either splitting some pve and pvp stats on t4 gear and revorkinw bit pvp gear so that soldiers dont be so superior in unchained minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

They added magic damage because they merged "demo" and "necro" t4 set in one with the "Demo" set looks,Thats because looking at the stats of both set back in the day every mage wanted a mix of the two with some pieces being useless and some being great compared with the other set.Also this was done due to how both classes use int and magic dmg and how necro pets get affected.

Anyway the issue is not the pvp or pve gear,it is that funcom refuses to completely separate their use at least at level 80.PvE gear only for pve ,PvP gear only for PvP.Introduce a pvp tier 0 set that you get for free when you participate on your 1st lvl 80 mini game and make the progression of pvp gear less steep up to t3 set.After that they could add a t4 pvp set to grind for but for the love of the game not with bori tokens.And TSW achievement system would give a sense of progression for pvp as well after you are done with all the gear progressions etc.The weapons totally need to be looked at as they are terrible compared to the pve ones.

This would also make balancing pvp abilities and class setups easier too.

Now as the resources are so low to do all that just add a t4 pvp set and rework the weapons and no one will have a reason to whine about "PvE gear imbalance in pvp".

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Now as the resources are so low to do all that just add a t4 pvp set and rework the weapons and no one will have a reason to whine about "PvE gear imbalance in pvp".
    No more grind for power in PvP. EVER. If they do that I'll quit for good, and so will a good bunch of the remaining PvPers. If they nerf the T4 pve gear because of PvP, the carebears will throw a hissy fit, and FC historically bows to the carebears. They need to take scaling gear power out of PvP. Not with unchained minis, because that only works for minigames. Putting capped PvP stats on every piece of gear would work. Let stats scale up for PvE vs NPCS forever, but never for PvP. It can be done. It should be done. Cash flow will increase, and FC will be able to make more PvE **** for the pvers with the money from returning PvPers. All from an itemization adjustment. The opposite of what 1.05 did years back.