Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New PvP gear

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    pvp in aoc is minigames minigames minigames minigames minigames minigames minigames, ocasional siege...

there is no other pvp system...
    oh wait there is bori where you hit nodes with a pick axe for tradeskill materials to be sacrificed for pvp xp .

i dont like it i wish there was guild vs guilds pvp system and open world objectives to even justify pvp servers existing.

so far only thing close to it is pyre/body parts mechanics in cimmerian end wich is great and should be expanded to open world pvp servers do they do it? nope they havent...

new player have indeed left game because of extreme gap in aa's gear, wich is something new gd is adjusting quite nicely with now any subscribed person can reach lvl80 with 80+ aa points great move *applause*

unchained minigames*reserving applause to see if its well done*
    Now it's all minigames minigames minigames.

When I started playing I didn't hit 80 for like a year. I spent way too much time open world pvp all over the maps. Then slowly with class revamps, murder system, bori, zero attention to seiges, deathwish, taking away k/d, taking away combo cancelling (no one asked for, 3 years of playing with that system and they think it's smart to waste time and take that away), taking away white sands pvp from pvp servers (don't think I ever rolled a toon on tyranny again after that lol) and a lack of pvp content all we are left with is minigames. Same ones since this game started, except for one.

Hopefully our new GD will look into open world pvp updates and siege revamp (obviously this game can't take 48vs48, the other obvious reason being there isn't nearly enough players in the guilds...siege tokens? siege armor?) after unchained mini's. Small sieges more frequently instead of big laggy sieges that barely happen are better.

They should introduce a new token that only drops from players in open world. These tokens would be used specifically from open world armor/mounts/battle pets. (I never said anything about increasing any gear gap). They can fill the store with armors, is it really that hard to introduce tokens that drop from players and some new vendors with badass armor?

so...
    you have no t4 gear so you say its op because you cant obtain it.
    you have no t3 pvp gear because you dont have time to "grind for it".

i am full aa's on my main wich is necromancer. i fully welcome unchained minigames if all aa tree is open to anyone joining i think its great .
    for starters it will allow me to play some of my alts wich lack so many aa's .

i am full t4 and have atm acumulated 250 t4 simple relics and have even bought hox t4 set for vanity .
    i cant wait for t5, t4 is getting old and boring.
    lately im bored of playing necro in pvp so been playing other alts tanks&healers and having fun relearning pvp in diferent classes with diferent strategies&perpectives.

i have full t3 pvp set wich i gained by doing minigames only and ganking in bori, i find current drop rate of tokens from open world pvp and minigames very nice and decent but there should be quests for gaining these tokens like win all minigames gain 200 conquest tokens.
    personaly cant wait to get pvp6 on my dt to get minigame pants, because guard/dt realy rely heavily on t2/t3 pvp gear, so much these 2 soldiers become unstoppable with it, with only mages/rogues/pom/tos able to counter them with t4 gear .
    conqs are in a league of their own even using full tyger gear conq is op...

there are a few class abilities in dire need of tweaking small list from top of my head:

conq:
    burst of agression
    retaliation

dt
    v.o.m. at least the 125%crit damage buff need adjustment
    mana consumption of covenat of invulnerability via seal of chaos its too extreme.

guard
    too high cc resistance
    last stand should be reverted to prior shape where if all stamina was drained last stand would kill guard, also it shouldnt be able to use it under cc.
    stall the advance needs adjusting should give max 2-3 dmage return max independant of efects placed by combo/ability/spell

bear shaman
    nerf pvp protection in pvp gear and all is good there.

pom
    light of path perk should not make repulse instant cast that is too strong

ranger
    taking the shot is simply game breaking

necromancer
    stupidly long flesh to worms
    necrotic bombs need to be removed
    extreme range of control of minions

demo
    waves of flames too strong
    detonation shouldnt be instant should have cast time

asassin
    lotus overload is still too strong should grant extreme protection only not cc resistance
    efect essense detonation from soul strike miasma should have a cap lvl right now its too extreme for such a fast ability to use

face stab shouldnt be possible to use from hide given its damage is so high and same as soul strike/essense detonation should have a lvl cap on damage

like i posted time and time again and ill keep reposting t4 was best thing for pvp gear that happened to rogues&mages classes like barb realy shine in good hands with t4 gear, and it doesnt make it op given sets have no protection mages can handle them in same way rogues can handle mages skill determining winner not gear.

without t4 gear mages cant compete with soldiers op status in t2-t3 pvp gear, maybe you dont realize this because you have no sucsess in obtaining t4 gear on your server...

t2-t3 gear needs to be re evaluated given t4 gear is better for pvp, just because you personaly cannot obtain this gear doesnt change this fact.
    and its not op at all t4 gear has no protection so classes at same time that deal more damage receive more damage.

pvp gear desperatly needs revamp to its stats so its good for pvp for all classes not just soldiers&healers.

flame me all you want i make no claim to be über pvper im just a pvp'r and a pve'r , its not my fault some people dond enjoy raids and instances.

i want unchained minigames to fully replace old minigame cue, but for that it needs to acomodate all pvpers, and forcing player to use pvp gear is debasing them given t4/t3 crafted weapons/gear is better for pvp.
    i want all players to be able to compete in minigames, t4 gear isnt op most full t4 players on crom end up being farmed :P.

for necromancers in particular all pve gear kithai/t4 is best pvp gear, apart from pvp cloak+neclase maybe chest for extra protection depending on circumstances.

adjusting your gear mid fight to circumstances for me is part of gameplay, so much i wich inventory slots for gear could be bindable to place like veteran boots on a keybind^^.

i realy dont care about your hate for t4 gear, i only wish funcom if they are going to force people to have to use pvp gear to make it worth using cause right now it inst worth it.

have fun cursing me blinderato
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    Now it's all minigames minigames minigames.

When I started playing I didn't hit 80 for like a year. I spent way too much time open world pvp all over the maps. Then slowly with class revamps, murder system, bori, zero attention to seiges, deathwish, taking away k/d, taking away combo cancelling (no one asked for, 3 years of playing with that system and they think it's smart to waste time and take that away), taking away white sands pvp from pvp servers (don't think I ever rolled a toon on tyranny again after that lol) and a lack of pvp content all we are left with is minigames. Same ones since this game started, except for one.

Hopefully our new GD will look into open world pvp updates and siege revamp (obviously this game can't take 48vs48, the other obvious reason being there isn't nearly enough players in the guilds...siege tokens? siege armor?) after unchained mini's. Small sieges more frequently instead of big laggy sieges that barely happen are better.

They should introduce a new token that only drops from players in open world. These tokens would be used specifically from open world armor/mounts/battle pets. (I never said anything about increasing any gear gap). They can fill the store with armors, is it really that hard to introduce tokens that drop from players and some new vendors with badass armor?
    i recognize your path in my own.
    when i made my first char(necro) everything would one shot it and spaming grip of death+sw was only pro thing to use, i quickly deserted my necro to pve only status :P.

i made a ranger wich i enjoied playing and ganking my way to pvp4 bellow lvl80 later at 80 gained pvp5 prior to shithai/bori devolution.

i deleted my ranger no regrets no combos no fun to play ranger.

in america seems you dont even siege in europe there are sieges but not that frequently.

i stronly feel game needs guild vs guild pvp systems.

i strongly feel game needs to expand the pyre/body part system to all pvp zones and add gank 10 people here and there 20h repeatable quests.

i strongly feel game needs to have thievery so i can steal players/guilds of their richs like conan did .

i strongly want a pirate boading themed deathmatch minigame.

i strongly want achievements, scoreboards/player rankings.

i very much want 1vs 1 arenas, 2vs 2 arenas.

i desperatly plea to be able to play with 1 friend in minigames, i beg you on my knees let me play with one friend in minigames .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Just to agree with Noite80 is comment.
    One thing I disagree is to go back to the team versus pickup in mini ... no way for me that was really bad time for fun in mini battle.

If you are able to group on mini again pick up that is clearly a unfair proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    so...
    you have no t4 gear so you say its op because you cant obtain it.
    you have no t3 pvp gear because you dont have time to "grind for it".

i am full aa's on my main wich is necromancer. i fully welcome unchained minigames if all aa tree is open to anyone joining i think its great .
    for starters it will allow me to play some of my alts wich lack so many aa's .

i am full t4 and have atm acumulated 250 t4 simple relics and have even bought hox t4 set for vanity .
    i cant wait for t5, t4 is getting old and boring.
    lately im bored of playing necro in pvp so been playing other alts tanks&healers and having fun relearning pvp in diferent classes with diferent strategies&perpectives.

i have full t3 pvp set wich i gained by doing minigames only and ganking in bori, i find current drop rate of tokens from open world pvp and minigames very nice and decent but there should be quests for gaining these tokens like win all minigames gain 200 conquest tokens.
    personaly cant wait to get pvp6 on my dt to get minigame pants, because guard/dt realy rely heavily on t2/t3 pvp gear, so much these 2 soldiers become unstoppable with it, with only mages/rogues/pom/tos able to counter them with t4 gear .
    conqs are in a league of their own even using full tyger gear conq is op...

there are a few class abilities in dire need of tweaking small list from top of my head:

conq:
    burst of agression
    retaliation

dt
    v.o.m. at least the 125%crit damage buff need adjustment
    mana consumption of covenat of invulnerability via seal of chaos its too extreme.

guard
    too high cc resistance
    last stand should be reverted to prior shape where if all stamina was drained last stand would kill guard, also it shouldnt be able to use it under cc.
    stall the advance needs adjusting should give max 2-3 dmage return max independant of efects placed by combo/ability/spell

bear shaman
    nerf pvp protection in pvp gear and all is good there.

pom
    light of path perk should not make repulse instant cast that is too strong

ranger
    taking the shot is simply game breaking

necromancer
    stupidly long flesh to worms
    necrotic bombs need to be removed
    extreme range of control of minions

demo
    waves of flames too strong
    detonation shouldnt be instant should have cast time

asassin
    lotus overload is still too strong should grant extreme protection only not cc resistance
    efect essense detonation from soul strike miasma should have a cap lvl right now its too extreme for such a fast ability to use

face stab shouldnt be possible to use from hide given its damage is so high and same as soul strike/essense detonation should have a lvl cap on damage

like i posted time and time again and ill keep reposting t4 was best thing for pvp gear that happened to rogues&mages classes like barb realy shine in good hands with t4 gear, and it doesnt make it op given sets have no protection mages can handle them in same way rogues can handle mages skill determining winner not gear.

without t4 gear mages cant compete with soldiers op status in t2-t3 pvp gear, maybe you dont realize this because you have no sucsess in obtaining t4 gear on your server...

t2-t3 gear needs to be re evaluated given t4 gear is better for pvp, just because you personaly cannot obtain this gear doesnt change this fact.
    and its not op at all t4 gear has no protection so classes at same time that deal more damage receive more damage.

pvp gear desperatly needs revamp to its stats so its good for pvp for all classes not just soldiers&healers.

flame me all you want i make no claim to be über pvper im just a pvp'r and a pve'r , its not my fault some people dond enjoy raids and instances.

i want unchained minigames to fully replace old minigame cue, but for that it needs to acomodate all pvpers, and forcing player to use pvp gear is debasing them given t4/t3 crafted weapons/gear is better for pvp.
    i want all players to be able to compete in minigames, t4 gear isnt op most full t4 players on crom end up being farmed :P.

for necromancers in particular all pve gear kithai/t4 is best pvp gear, apart from pvp cloak+neclase maybe chest for extra protection depending on circumstances.

adjusting your gear mid fight to circumstances for me is part of gameplay, so much i wich inventory slots for gear could be bindable to place like veteran boots on a keybind^^.

i realy dont care about your hate for t4 gear, i only wish funcom if they are going to force people to have to use pvp gear to make it worth using cause right now it inst worth it.

have fun cursing me blinderato
    Now you're making a bit more sense.

However , im not stating that T4 gear is OP because I can't Obtain it. It is Overpowered because the stats are unrivaled. It has a huge increase of percentage from T3 which makes no sense.

It is great that you have full AAs and Full T4.
    However you have to understand that you belong to the minority, only a rare group of players who are fully decked out in pvp and pve.

You have to realize that majority of the players are very casual players.
    For example, as a casual pvper, I login to my toon to do either Open world pvp or Minis and log off within an hour or two, sometimes longer.

A casual pvper, do not have the time or the desire to participate in a T4 raid. Most T4 raiding guild usually only do it with the players that already been raiding with them, which is understandable.

I've been playing on and off for 4 years, I have plenty of alts but non are even close to max AAS, most which only has 10-20% trained through Time Training. We casual pvpers do not do much PVE at all nor do we like to Farm bori for pvp levels.
    It took me 2 years to hit pvp level 8 through mini games and open world pvp, this is without bori. as you can see it takes a huge amount of time. PvP 10 im not even gona bother with it, it might take another 2 years. At the moment through PvP my AAs are not even 50% done.

You have to understand not everyone is able to PVE and PvP and make it to these raids on time etc.

This is where the Gap comes in my friend.

If today everyone has EASY access to T4 or PvP T3 gear within a matter of few months then the Gap would close up a quite a lot.

But that is not the case, too often you see undergeared players getting slaughtered in pvp vs fully T4 players on Set.

They have no chance at all. This is part of the reason new players come and go. They can't afford to wait 2+ years to Gear up and train AAs.

In the end, I hope you understand that people are different. The majority are not so lucky to be in full T4 and have Max AAs. In fact the majority have no access to T4 or even see themselves raiding T4. This is even True on PvE servers. Mainly due to that fact only a few guilds are able to Raid T4 and the Rest of the guilds are either too small or too new to do such thing. Again this is where imbalance comes in. Especially for PvP side.

I fully agree with you that PvPT3 needs to be on par with PVE T4.
    I am also looking forward to Unchained minis.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

1. I think they should introduce t4 pvp gear for pvp 8+ that you can only buy with a new type of token you get for winning. This way players that are already pvp10 still have to earn the new gear and have something to aim for. As others have suggested, more dps and a little less survivability would be cool.

2. T1 gear is offered to pvp0 for a low amount of gold. Players going into minis or open world at level 80 without this gear at the very least should not happen at all.

3. T2pvp armor AND WEAPONS fully obtainable by pvp level 4 using old tokens.

4. T3pvp armor AND WEAPONS fully obtainable by pvp level 7 using old tokens.

5. PVP 7+ players should have more stuff they can buy with their new tokens. This is so the not-so-hardcore pvpers can join in the pvp to get these items. Gaining the pvp1-3 armor should keep them motivated (and hopefully alive) till they get to pvp 7.

This rate seems more reasonable and should also help lower the gear gap. Funcom is already on the right road it seems in regards to lowering the gap with unchained minis and 1 aa per level.

lol

unchained minis coming

why even think about gear

it doesnt matter anymore how OP pve gear is.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    lol

unchained minis coming

why even think about gear

it doesnt matter anymore how OP pve gear is.
    Because minigames is and always will be the only pvp in this game?

Unchained minis will be a nice addition and a good testing ground, but are definitely no solution to the problems this game has in pvp.

Gearwise, there should be choices within each tier. Also a pvp tree might be a good idea to compensate the linear progression and choose people to specialize again.

New pve tiers should not offer all their stats viable for pvp too. The concept of "heroic" stats will simply solve that (like working only against epic mobs or pve in general). Crafting revamp could do something in this account too.

For example: sword with 100 dps, +30 strength and +100 combat rating could have a pvp "gem" (or the equivalent of craft modification to existing items) giving +50 pvp crit rating and since it originally dropped in a pve instance have +100 heroic hit rating.

Pasted from another topic because it's just as relevant here. Unchained mini games won't fix PvP. It's a bandaid on a wound that needs a trauma surgeon. The itemization revamp of 1.05 is when the game turned for the worst in the eyes of most PvPers. (no coincidence that's when the pvp servers saw the steepest drops in population) Instead of a complete itemization overhaul, the devs should have made tweaks here and there.

The only reason why we are talking about how OP T4 gear is now, is because of stat creep inherent in the itemization system. Unless PvP is somehow kept seperate (which is what Unchained minis are about) Item creep will continue to widen the gap between new and vet players.

I have already asserted a viable solution in various threads. All items would have hard capped PvP stats on them, regardless of PvE tier. For example, A T1raid weapon would do 100dps against players, and 120dps vs npcs. While a t2 weapon would do 100dps against players and 130 dps against npcs. That way PvEers could progress through content and continue to gear up for more challenging PvE stuff while not becoming over powered in PvP.

PvP progression would be in the form of vanity armors and mounts, consumables and titles/ranks, NPC's publicly praising your prowess (or speaking your name in fear) in cities, access to special quarters in cities like the current guild renown system.

Another alternative is buff PvP gear to the level of PvE gear. That means someone in a full set of high end PvP gear should be able to raid t4, since the t4 raid gear is already being used to greater effect in pvp. Keep in mind this isn't about minigames. It's about open world pvp. If raiders can use their toys to great effect in open world PvP, then PvPer's should be able to use their toys to the same effect in PvE. Otherwise you've got a double standard, and that's ... Most undesirable. To put it nicely.
    Last edited by Roargathor; 14th June 2013 at 23:20.