Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini game team balance

Yes t4 is awesome gear, especially the weapons and rings. But...I promise pvp gear isn't worthless. The protection it offers you in pvp is good, especially on a soldier class. Really it is the dps classes that have issues with it.

The rewards for pvp are really not what players pvp for. It does give you a goal to shoot for, but pvp for pvping is what it's about. Open world is no different.

I'm not saying gear doesn't matter. It does, but it isn't everything. Some people naturally have skill in the game and can overcome despite the gear they wear. They just know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Yes t4 is awesome gear, especially the weapons and rings. But...I promise pvp gear isn't worthless. The protection it offers you in pvp is good, especially on a soldier class. Really it is the dps classes that have issues with it.

The rewards for pvp are really not what players pvp for. It does give you a goal to shoot for, but pvp for pvping is what it's about. Open world is no different.

I'm not saying gear doesn't matter. It does, but it isn't everything. Some people naturally have skill in the game and can overcome despite the gear they wear. They just know how to play.
    Well you can play good has hell, if the guys is kheshata blue stuff, against t4 guys who don't play well at all.

Trust me the t4 guys will won, sure of that.

Well, i've seen guys playing with blue geared hox and barb steamrolling no matter what.

Gear, AA, T4 weapons, any reason to justify sucking at pvp.

Bottom line is, it's not because a guy is playing on a lvl 0 pvp character and wearing T4 gear that he does not know how to pvp, most of the time, the guy playing is already a pvp veteran on a new toon, and if he steamrolls you it's just because he's better.

But i agree, blaming the gear is easier for personal feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Well, i've seen guys playing with blue geared hox and barb steamrolling no matter what.

Gear, AA, T4 weapons, any reason to justify sucking at pvp.

Bottom line is, it's not because a guy is playing on a lvl 0 pvp character and wearing T4 gear that he does not know how to pvp, most of the time, the guy playing is already a pvp veteran on a new toon, and if he steamrolls you it's just because he's better.

But i agree, blaming the gear is easier for personal feelings.
    indeed, a blue geared hox is so gonna kill a high end geared conq, pom or ranger or is it he's going to kill crippled mages and frenzy heroes from the back at best?

should it be on a skilled player vs clicker+keyboard turner balance comparison to justify gear irrelevance?

but your main is a conq and you are in a t4 pve raid farming guild on a pve server, i understand your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well you can play good has hell, if the guys is kheshata blue stuff, against t4 guys who don't play well at all.

Trust me the t4 guys will won, sure of that.
    Don't agree with this. I kill people that dont play well at all with no issue no matter what gear i have.
    Btw how can you post statements like this when you said that you just came back to the game and have 11 or so mini tokens. Where is that huge experience coming from.
    But i do agree that t4 gear is big problem in minis. Weapons and accessories are just to good for all classes and rest of gear is silly OP on some classes.
    I said it many times and i will say it again, pve gear should have some part of stats just pve. Same as pvp gear has some stats just pvp, that way you can quickly balance it so that pvp gear is better.

Well, kill priority list in mini is the same for everyone on that matter, high level/geared soldiers are on the bottom of it.

It's not about your class, gear, or AA. It's just common sense.

Well, kill priority list in mini is the same for everyone on that matter, high level/geared soldiers are on the bottom of it.

sorry, i am sure the most knowledgeable members in your guild when it comes to pvp who play solely to steamroll pve server minigames dont roll conq, pom or rogue and equip all their toons with pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Unchained will eventually be boring. No rewards matter. Its like on my pvp 10 ranger, no rewards matter and u become bored after a while.
    There will be rewards. We don't know what it'll be though.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Unchained will eventually be boring. No rewards matter. Its like on my pvp 10 ranger, no rewards matter and u become bored after a while.
    u get bored of playin ranger eh? what a surprise

Your right, never mind a Ranger in T4 or Tigers gear can Shattering Attack/LB, Pen Shot, TTS and basicly 2 shot a PvP 10 clothie.

A T4 sin can stealth attack, snap kick and SDS/Face Stab and do the same.

A Conq with T3 Crafted/Ibis or T4 weapons in full mini game gear can Charge/KB and WW and leave a clothie with 25% health or less by the time he gets up if not outright kill them.

Class does matter because even the bads have learned that anyone can kill a clothie because they know everyone on their team is going to focus them because it's the easist class to kill. I'll even include ToS as well because compared to PoM and Shammy it's really the underdog healer class now.

Put a PvP 10 Conq who I know is good and running 24/7 in Frenzy and Carnage build I'll focus them before I focus the PvP 2 Necro in crap gear who adds nothing to his team but someone to kill every 15 seconds.

Leaving geared soldiers to push back lines while farming lowbie cloths, barbs, rangers, and whatever usually loses you the mini. Kill priority only matters in premades, or when the pug team has an exceptional PoM or Shammy pocket healing several group members who are 1 by 1 focusing your team. There is very little team work in pug minis, just people going after the classes which have the least mitigation, gear, and hit points.
    Last edited by Suctum; 2nd June 2013 at 03:13.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast