Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penetrating Shot Bug?

Default Penetrating Shot Bug?

So I've been toying around with a few rotations on my Ranger, and something interesting happened. I Clicked Upper Attack, Lower Attack, Penetrating Shot, and instead of going on an 8 second cooldown, it went on a 15 second cooldown. So I looked in my combat log to see if I missed my Upper or Lower, and both landed. So I have been sitting here just clicking Upper and Lower attack over and over until Penetrating Shot comes off cooldown to see if I could replicate it, making sure to keep my eyes at the top of the screen to make sure the arrow buffs appear, and it happened again. Is this just a known bug?

Ya know, I thought I saw that once and yelled out in global if there was a bug with pen shot cd. No one said anything. I tried it again and it was fine, didn't happen again so I forgot about it.....

Happens to my ranger at least once every raid.

I actually never bother to do the upper attack anymore with pen shot. Just do the lower attack to buff the damage followed by one of the advantages fire or shattering followed by a buffed bleed combo (forgot the name) and then a buffed quick shots and then damage buffed pen shot, it will be off cool down by then. Just keep doing this over and over and you'll do good dps. Mix in some of the traps and your lower attack buffed armor ripper to gain the debuff. This is mainly what I do in PvP though, but I do it also in PvE.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    So I've been toying around with a few rotations on my Ranger, and something interesting happened. I Clicked Upper Attack, Lower Attack, Penetrating Shot, and instead of going on an 8 second cooldown, it went on a 15 second cooldown. So I looked in my combat log to see if I missed my Upper or Lower, and both landed. So I have been sitting here just clicking Upper and Lower attack over and over until Penetrating Shot comes off cooldown to see if I could replicate it, making sure to keep my eyes at the top of the screen to make sure the arrow buffs appear, and it happened again. Is this just a known bug?
    ur using up/low? crazy stuff.
    Kinaputten

I noticed it too. Not sure in PvP but against mobs and bosses it happens a lot. On the world bosses it happens all the time.

Yes I use up and low attacks before pen shot. In PvP against tanks where fight will be long, in pve because it gives the highest dps ( yes, I can be top dps on T4)

Filling up with quick shits sucks. Its the worst combo.

Did some testing on strawman after reading this thread and cannot confirm. Maybe a random thing and/or a latency issue.

Cheers Euklid

im pretty sure 99% of rangers never use upper or lower, i seen keella get 30+ kills in a mini using ONLY quick shot, nothing else at all. was a good laugh

Default Pen Shot Bug

Yep is bugged been playing a ranger since game launch. No matter what cant get pen shot to work regardless of raid/private instance/soloing...Bad enough rangers always getting nerfed and now this bug. Come on FC and fix this bug please.
    Last edited by Izzahs; 31st October 2013 at 21:24. Reason: wanted to put more info in

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    im pretty sure 99% of rangers never use upper or lower, i seen keella get 30+ kills in a mini using ONLY quick shot, nothing else at all. was a good laugh
    and i rememb guardian got 30 kills just by using white hits + bv.. those times are gone now..
    The Law

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast