Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTENTION: Subscription offer warning!

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    Is there any place where you can see how much time you have left on your subscription?
    your account home page, it says till when your acc is active

https://register.ageofconan.com/account

I subbed around the beginning of this month. Should I had received some Funcom Points?

A friend from TSW called this to my attention. Asking here to avoid making a new post.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

I paid for 3 and got 4 months.

You have got to be kidding me. How do they not make this clear. I upgraded to 3 months to get the offer...I was happy to spend my hard earned money on a cool game and get the offer, now I can't even change it....doh!! THanks funcom!

Quote Originally Posted by hangsolo View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. How do they not make this clear. I upgraded to 3 months to get the offer...I was happy to spend my hard earned money on a cool game and get the offer, now I can't even change it....doh!! THanks funcom!
    just contact Live Chat Support, shouldn´t be a biggie for them, if it´s been done within the bonus offer time frame

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hangsolo View Post
    To be clear:
    you can change it yourself. I also clicked the subscription method and set it from monthly to yearly. After contacting lifechat, the GM explained that I could just go to special offers and get the offer there. You can set back the normal subscription method to what it was (being montly, yearly, quarterly or whatever).

You won't get billed for the normal subscription if it is still running and only the special subscription will be billed at the experation date of the normal sub. You can check if everything went ok if you see the end date of your subscription is set to a new date (including the 50% extra). Might take a minute to be transferred though.

I also received the extra veteranpoints over the coming period in game (still waiting for the FC points though which hasn't been updated yet, but I think this is done once a month or something like that).

I normally pay through Visa and this way it works fine. Not sure how other paying methods are transferred, but I guess it's the same.

If you're unsure, just use Lifechat function from your accountpage and a GM will help you out. They're really helpfull.
    Last edited by Warlock1863; 30th May 2013 at 09:26.
    Being a barbarian is a tough profession. You cut heads, drink loads of beer and eat piles of meat ........... and then when you come home you got to keep the wife happy as well (*sigh)

LiveChat was not so helpful towards my guildmate.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveChat
    "You will get future ones, but this was given to accounts in good standing at the start of the offer. Getting your account in good standing after that date does not get you that offer that was previously offered."
    REALLY?!

Nothing can be read anywhere about this so called 'good standing', and why can't you use the subscription offer after the start date, even though you fix this so called 'good standing' during the period of the offer?! Its not after the end date for crying out loud!

He got his new 12 month subscription cancelled. Going from having a happy player who would be around for 18 more month you got an unhappy f2p'er and you missed out on his 12 month payment. Is it really worth being like this to some of your customers?

ANYONE who subcribe during your offer should obviously get it, the only condition was that you had to subscribe for 3, 6 or 12 month! This guy did 12! And you turned him down.

Give him his +50% as he did everything he could to get it while the offer is still active. Its the only decent thing to do!
    Last edited by Foxcat; 3rd June 2013 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcat View Post
    LiveChat was not so helpful towards my guildmate.

Nothing can be read anywhere about this so called 'good standing', and why can't you use the subscription offer after the start date, even though you fix this so called 'good standing' during the period of the offer?! Its not after the end date for crying out loud.

He got his new 12 month subscription cancelled. Going from having a happy player who would be around for 18 more month you got an unhappy f2p'er and you missed out on his 12 month payment. Is it really worth being like this to some of your customers?

ANYONE who subcribe during your offer should obviously get it, the only condition was that you had to subscribe for 3, 6 or 12 month! This guy did 12! And you turned him down.

Give him his +50% as he did everything he could to get it while the offer is still active. Its the only decent thing to do!
    Sadly he is not only one that experienced this fox, but this should really be fixed somehow.
    Its so easy to sub for 3,6 or 12 months regulary and not by special upgrade and ended up like this with no reward. You have to make special offers and upgrades only way of obtaining premium time for the time its on effect.
    This kind of situations is kind of lame and i ask of you Funcom to fix it for everyone that did it on time.

I agree, they need to make sure there is no way to mess this up and make things 100% clear before people spend the money. I emailed them and I am waiting on a reply to see if they will change it for me and honor the deal. I do not have high hopes but it should be a respect thing, we will see when I hear back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12