Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Necro's grouping?

necro pet tank is more of an offtank, helping out player maintanks in those "oh shiet" situations ... I wouldn´t rely on pet maintanking even if I had a whole group of necros his aggro is worse and not that predictible and can die very quickly by some unlucky big hits, too

also Frenzy CD is 60 seconds, but CD of the General of the Dead (who basically keeps the pet alive) is longer, so you can´t cover more than one minute (20+20+20s) with 3 necros
    Last edited by Argantes; 30th May 2013 at 12:44.

In theory you could tank them mobs for 80 secs with 4 necroes. If all of you have specced General of the dead you can do it. The general gives your pets a really good health regen, so your frenzypet becomes like the dread shadow pet of DTs. The general is a lvl 70 feat. It has a 2 min cooldown, but you should kill anything in 80 secs.

I dont remember when you get Tome of Eipitur. That casted with either blizzard or ice-strikes stuns mobs and none-epic bosses and you can keep it stunned for about 20 secs. The downside is that it has 15 min cooldown...

So a necro can hold anything away from themself for 40 secs with these two used after eachother. Also you have freeze too.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverram View Post
    In theory you could tank them mobs for 80 secs with 4 necroes. If all of you have specced General of the dead you can do it. The general gives your pets a really good health regen, so your frenzypet becomes like the dread shadow pet of DTs. The general is a lvl 70 feat. It has a 2 min cooldown, but you should kill anything in 80 secs.
    Yep kinda what I was hoping for. But if the aggro is not really predictable, and I can't count on the guys to hold aggro for 20 seconds each, then I guess I can't do it.
    Ahhh, but a nice dream. Just rotating necros Frenzy's on boss mobs while dropping DOTs and occasional DDs.

Whats the cooldown on General by the way? Couldnt locate it online.

Mal

Also the simple fact that a lot of mobs no longer seem to pay any attention to Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    Yep kinda what I was hoping for. But if the aggro is not really predictable, and I can't count on the guys to hold aggro for 20 seconds each, then I guess I can't do it.
    Ahhh, but a nice dream. Just rotating necros Frenzy's on boss mobs while dropping DOTs and occasional DDs.

Whats the cooldown on General by the way? Couldnt locate it online.

Mal
    2 mins.

But. 4 necroes in SW should kill anything within 20-30 secs. Just use ToE and chill together with frenzy pets.

What level are you now?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverram View Post
    What level are you now?
    7th. Just made them last night.

I like to plan ahead. For me I need to know where I am going with a class, even if I don't expect to get there.

The ONLY thing I dont like about necro is lack of rez, self-rez, or feign death type ability. They are just so fundamental to the theme of the class.

But I did like playing them last night. So I think I will stick with them for while.
    If I can rotate Frenzy's on a tough mob, then I might continue leveling them. If there is too many issues holding aggro, then might have to drop the whole horde of necros idea.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    7th. Just made them last night.

I like to plan ahead. For me I need to know where I am going with a class, even if I don't expect to get there.

The ONLY thing I dont like about necro is lack of rez, self-rez, or feign death type ability. They are just so fundamental to the theme of the class.

But I did like playing them last night. So I think I will stick with them for while.
    If I can rotate Frenzy's on a tough mob, then I might continue leveling them. If there is too many issues holding aggro, then might have to drop the whole horde of necros idea.

Mal
    You shouldnt have any problems leveling a necro alone either. You cant know if a class is strong or bad until you have leveled it to 80. And Necro is one of the easiest to level.

80 for most people seems to be where the game starts. But honestly for any game I play I end up leveling slow. I'll never make 80th. If I can level and enjoy the game without getting creamed by boss mobs or wiped in every instance then I will probably enjoy the class.

Mal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12