Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Necro's grouping?

Default Multiple Necro's grouping?

I know, you should have a tank and a healer. I guess necro pets aren't tanks. And I have never played a necro in AoC, but recently returned and thought I would give it a try.

But say you and your mates wanted to run around with multiple necros and multiple pets.

How would that work?

One thing I thought about was having multiple Blighted Ones. I read something about draining players mana quickly, but wasnt sure if that worked for mobs in PvE. I know that when fighting Epics in White Sands I go out of mana after a while and then I am toast.
    Would multiple Blighted Ones have the same effect on mobs?
    Get a few necros and their pets and you can keep a mob out of mana and stamina? Sounded cool to me.

Besides that, do you guys have any opinions on how best multiple necros should group?

Thanks,
    Mal

Draining mana and/or stamina from mobs is pointless (with the exception of Louhi in T3). You should be more concerned about draining them of their life, that is, killing them quickly. My favorite melee pet setup is to run 2 Blighted Ones (for spiritual debuff) with 6 mutilators (for mutilation dot).

Ahhh. I was thinking that mobs might be impotent and stand their drooling (like I do) when out of mana. And I thought multiple necros (four of them?) using Blighted Ones might be able to do that.

Here is a question - I guess DOTs stack? I have never played a necro, and honestly played the game years ago at release and then only played ToS. So DOTs weren't part of the damage.

So mutilator DOTs stack. I guess Necro dots stack?

Well mutilator dots, only stacks for one necro. The other necroes should use other pets.
    The necro dots doesnt stack, but each necro that cast FtW gets their own dot on the mob. So with 4 necroes casting FtW its going to be 4 different dots on the mob. Same is the case of the other necro dots.
    4 necroes together is... Well its fun, but you should have made a group-setup with atleast one tank and one healer. With 4 necroes you are going to have problems doing later group instances. Atleast untill you get General of the Dead and you use frenzypet.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Silverram,
    Thanks for the detailed description. Yeah, it would be more for the fun factor. Probably have to run a healer if for nothing else but Rez.

Would you say Necros have better mana regen abilities, than say Demonologists?

Mal

Back in the days, necro was more of a "jack of all trades" support class than just a pure DPS, since all those pet abilities were stronger and actually noticeable. So if you needed some extra healing, you popped out lifestealers, if you needed mana/stamina, you chose harvesters and yes, my very favourite part of open world PvP was draining my opponents fast with blighted ones and Void and then killing them slowly while they couldn´t do a shiet (kinda sadistic, I know ).

After some necro revamp those abilities were nerfed to oblivion and all what we were left with was the General of the Dead for Dread Shadow-like tanking.. while it was greatly helpful while progressing the new dungeons brought in the Khitai expansion (with tanks lacking gear and perks), the utility of a pet necro was never the same again.

For mana regen, Connibalism (feat in NF tree) is your best friend.
    Last edited by Argantes; 28th May 2013 at 13:35.

Argantes,
    Ahhh. The whole diverse pet setup sounded cool, but if they nerfed the effectiveness to oblivion, then I guess its just DPS.
    I'm not interested in PvP. I just log in for an hour or two at night and play a bit.
    So you can't drain a PvE mob effectively?
    Can you keep your mana/health up nicely?
    I can't tell from the pet spell descriptions, but are their necro pets that proc benefits to the group/team? Not just self healing/mana recovery.

Thanks,
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    Argantes,
    Ahhh. The whole diverse pet setup sounded cool, but if they nerfed the effectiveness to oblivion, then I guess its just DPS.
    I'm not interested in PvP. I just log in for an hour or two at night and play a bit.
    So you can't drain a PvE mob effectively?
    Can you keep your mana/health up nicely?
    I can't tell from the pet spell descriptions, but are their necro pets that proc benefits to the group/team? Not just self healing/mana recovery.

Thanks,
    Mal
    You can´t drain a PvE mob effectively, unless it´s the core mechanic of the fight, the best example is T3 raid boss Louhi, where you must drain his mana or he will cast one big and hard hitting AoE when his mana is at about 80%. But don´t waste time on draining normal mobs, it´s faster to just drain their life aka kill them

While those pet abilities were nice for the whole group, necro himself can still keep his mana/health up nicely even after the changes. In longer fights (epics/raid mobs) spread Mark of Devourer DoT (1 point in feat is more than enough) on targets around you for the small health regen ticks and big ones at the end. You can improve your Lifestrike spell to heal you up to +-1700 HP (when on SW and criting) and then there are % based HP taps from Grim Hunger (up to 1,5%) and Ghoulish Feast (5% for whole group for some time; feat Master of the Dead so you don´t have to consume minion to cast it). Mana recovery is covered by Ghoulish Feast again (5%) and mostly by Cannibalism, which has 2 sec. CD and almost instant cast, so it can be spammed between your DPS rotation spells nicely. (Also being grouped with a ToS for his constant 4% mana tap buff + Blood Mana spell (20% mana tap for 15s) is more than welcome.)

Pets can still help you and your group with health (lifestealers, reapers, blood arcanists) and mana/stamina (harvesters) replenishment, but as already mentioned, it´s nothing to write home about. They are used mostly for DPS and debuffing target with spiritual torment after feating them properly in RA tree. Also they can tank for a while when in Frenzy mode, use it in combination with General of the Dead, so they can survive tanking epic/raid mobs.
    Last edited by Argantes; 29th May 2013 at 10:56.

Hmmmm.
    So what about 4 Necromancers, rotating use of feated Frenzy?
    20 second duration, right. 60 second cooldown.
    I should have a permanent tank?
    Heck I could do 3 Necros and a ToS (with no overlap).

I don't think the pets can tank for long..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast