Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

for all those who abandoned ship and left their toons rotting some time ago, great opportunity to give some good promo to get em back

i personally think fc can use http://www.ageofconan.com/ to post changes like these without having ppl read full dev letters to get the headlines of the major changes
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 28th May 2013 at 01:11.

It doesn't matter to me if I do or do not get AA points, however I am very thankful for them.

What I am even more thankful for is that you and your team are stepping up and doing things in this game we love to make it better.

Before anyone complains about "what do you mean better due to this or that" I would like to point out one key thing:

SOMETHING > NOTHING

Joel, you and your team are a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant pool. So many good things on the horizon and for once I have faith that they will happen.

I hope you understand how much we love all of this right now! ( except all the QQers and flamers but you can't please everyone and some people will never be happy)

thank you,

Please clarify.

1. If a character is level 79 tomorrow he gets nothing?
    2. If a character is level 79 fifty days from now he gets nothing?

Or

3. If we have any level 80 character we only receive 40 Phials of Tranquility /claimed across the account and to be shared by all our characters?

Does this mean I will have to restart my non-80 characters for the expertise points?

Will PvP characters that are level holding have to reroll characters in order to be competitive?
    Last edited by Daynan; 28th May 2013 at 02:36.

If my GF re-subs before the 29th will her level 80 character get the AAs?

If I don't re-sub, and turn several other people off of coming back to the game through a random selection of lies and slander, can I have 80 AA points too?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Your question confuses me.

If you are a member you are paying monthly.
    If you are not a member, you are not paying monthly.

By definition if you are not paying, you are not a premium member. These are *subscription* incentives.
    Your answer at least relieves me but unfortunately it is not all that clear (No offence meant. My question was, if the offer affects people who have payed in advance, because if you are picky, they might not be "paying monthly", but rather "have been paying for months in advance").

I think though, that it means it is intended as i hoped (e.g. the IF is being premium at that time, not having an active or cancelled sub).

As i said, at least the website was making a difference with special offers earlier (not during your time as GD, with some research i might even remember which it was, probably sometime around Turan release). With the actual offer i will find out soon anyway.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th May 2013 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    Please clarify.

1. If a character is level 79 tomorrow he gets nothing?
    2. If a character is level 79 fifty days from now he gets nothing?

Or

3. If we have any level 80 character we only receive 40 Phials of Tranquility /claimed across the account and to be shared by all our characters?

Does this mean I will have to restart my non-80 characters for the expertise points?

Will PvP characters that are level holding have to reroll characters in order to be competitive?
    I think they made it clear they want you to resub NOW and level as fast as possible (focus on endgame).

About the fourth part: IF you have an 80, you probably get the choice now where to distribute 40-80 AA points (by claimed vials?). Depending on your amount of low level pvp chars, it might be more or less attractive to you. But if you have one 39 and one 59 for example, even 20 points on each (1-2 decisive, 1-2 pressing strike and some passive protection) will be a lot more different than 0 new points to distribute.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th May 2013 at 04:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I think they made it clear they want you to resub NOW and level as fast as possible (focus on endgame).

About the fourth part: IF you have an 80, you probably get the choice now where to distribute 40-80 AA points (by claimed vials?). Depending on your amount of low level pvp chars, it might be more or less attractive to you. But if you have one 39 and one 59 for example, even 20 points on each (1-2 decisive, 1-2 pressing strike and some passive protection) will be a lot more different than 0 new points to distribute.
    They couldn`t care less how fast you level. That exta AA is a just added because of your constant QQ-ing on the forum, no more, no less.

don't tell me there will be another players who are dissapointed even in this change, that would be ridicolous...

AA for new toons - very bad idea...
    AA for all Lv80 - very bad idea...

do nothing - very bad idea...

did I miss something ?

ps. good job Joel, even without the AA for veteran Lv80, I was very positive about the leveling AA point change.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

I'm curious what will happen with characters that got level 80 the past few days. Will they also get 40+40 AA on top of the 79 from leveling?

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast