Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    There have been a lot of people asking about the AA pts change and the exclusion of older characters from this deal.

We have had an internal discussion about this and decided to reward our loyal veterans as well as those fiery new players who show incredible enthusiasm for the game. Without further ado:

"By Thursday the 29th of May we will give every Member with a level 80 character 40 AA points for free. 50 days later we will follow up with 40 extra AA points to everyone who is active and has a level 80 character as well!"

Consider this our final gift in relation to the 5th anniversary of Age of Conan, and thank you all for taking part and continuing to make Age of Conan a truly remarkable game!

Nonononoono, you HAVE to be more precise.

Is that 40 AA points for EACH char, or account based?

What does it take to be "active" 50 days later?

This is begging for more QQ -if it is possible to misinterpret people will.

Cheers God,*lifts pint*

I did not really think it was necessary, but I will consume them for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose View Post
    Bear and precision ? <3
    We will be Serious after death.

You didn't have to do this, but you did it anyways. It's a great way to treat your customers and I hope these mouth breathing complainers will keep on giving fc money.

You are the man. I mean it. I cannot begin to express my gratitude at this decision.

I'm really excited for the future of this game!

It's great you guys decided to do this, but I wouldn't cater too much to certain player demographics.

Coming from someone who has been subbed since prerelease, I already have had every advanatge against someone who just started playing this year. I have been time training my alts since 2.0 went live, and while 80 AA points might make me put 5/5 into Inmeasureable Empowerment, leave it to say that 5 years of Pvping, raiding, 6-maning give me every edge I need over a new player.

I think I would like this better if you all just said we are giving every player 80 AA points just for the hell of it rather than we are giving them because the grind core players cried someone had to do less than them. I still regard those types as Craig's replacement population who enjoy grinding, be it PvP or PvE. That kind of player not only wants but needs their gear and AA edge, so while I think it's great Funcom is back on board listening to their base, let's make sure we're not just listening to "part" of that base like we have before, that's how bori got started...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose View Post

Is that 40 AA points for EACH char, or account based?

What does it take to be "active" 50 days later?

This is begging for more QQ -if it is possible to misinterpret people will.
    And here you already have people proving my point...
    Doomsayer 2008

This is a bad news... So, the invented "closed gap" was finally increased again?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    And here you already have people proving my point...
    Care to elaborate? I see nothing in my post that proves your point.

I am very happy with AA points only to new chars, AND very happy with AA points for all, char based or account based no matter, I'm happy anyway.

I'm just saying 50% of all QQ in this game since launch has been because game directors and devs say very ambiguous things.

Some people interpret it wildly, and because of game directors not being precise, they are called liers, and people rage quits.

It has happened before. Remember Turan release? "Everyone gets AA-points" ment every account gets. Would it kill them to say so?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    It might be per account, not per character. Still, that's okay. It helps semi-new players (who probably only one character anyway) and is a nice giveaway for veterans - who don't really need it anyhow.
    Now they should just send mails around with notifications or make a big post on the site and forums, while the special resub offers are still valid (or extend them).

They should also be precise, that if low level pvp chars want these points, they should use this offer, because if they sub at a later time there will still be the problems i mentioned earlier with big and almost imposible to correct power balance. This way players with older chars and resubbing at a later time can not complain about having had no choice.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th May 2013 at 17:19.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast