Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

If you read correctly, I recived 40 AAs on all my other 80 but my main which is my BS. My account is sub still 20/01/14.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

There are too many things to say about the lastest changes. I shall keep them compendious.

1. Incompentence or lack of time and money:

Although the revision was not final, the additional points that were supposed to be given to level-eighty characters (and the official representative corroborated that fact) were distributed among all characters with an account with a level-eighty character. This was over the top and not yet reverted. The bosses from the event were not scaled to player in rewards and experience.

2. Social factor:

The minority is excluded from its opinion with an authoritative statement that the official representative must be "too old" to understand that someone might not like a certain change (that is, gaining too many alternative advancement points for free). Players and the masses always have dissenting opinions, and every social representative (the one who speaks on the company forum with his clients, for instance) of a certain company must always include them in estimations, informing others at his company about those. Also, formal, neutral, and polite language always attracts and retains clients.

3. Fun factor:

The offline-levelling bosses with tier-two items equal to the items from the last bosses in the Black Ring Citadel, appearing out of nowhere and the new Asura potion given an insane experience increase (320% with fresh kills, a Veteran potion, and a four-hour 20% experience gain potion) were a bane rather than a boon for the mentality of the player and for the entertainment of the others. Some of the player base might have enjoyed that event, but such enormous rewards should not have been there.
    Alternative advancement points that were a horizontal progression are now removing some of the difficulty on low levels (a five percent chance of critical hits at level twenty, for example) and the feeling of progression at eighty. It was always great to reach level eighty with three-five alternative advancement points and start doing Atzel's Fortress, Iron Tower, Khitan hard-mode encounters with the feeling of effort being rewarded every day. There was no gap either (PVP is another discussion, but I love progression there too).
    Also, not all players play to reach level eighty and start from there. A lot of us enjoy low-level content and gearing up more than being at eighty.

4. Financial Condition:

Alas, some decisions of the past in the company and incidents within it led to finding several solutions on increasing long-term lucrative cash flow with a minimial loss of some long-term supporters. Servers were all moved to the United States. While some of Europeans can still play PVP with a slightly increased response from the server, the previous players from Rothat and Two Eagles see minigames, open-world fights, and duels as a teleportation horror from the weirdest dreams after reading Lovecraft's "The Silver Key".

I would give Funcom two points out of ten for the latest decisions. One point for making some people go back to see the changes for a short time and one point for 200 Funcom points in the store for vanity gear each month. No other change was good at all.

I would offer a solution to the number issue two mentioned above: spawning bosses should be an event during holidays with rewards equal to the previous Halloween events and the bosses should be placed at the end of such instances as Imrian Ravine, Oasis, or Frost Swamp. The alternative advancement list should be expanded by adding more things to learn which would sacrifice one quality for another and demand constant attention and exchange in groups. Those are, roughly, "-1000 to healing rating, +10 to magic damage" things.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 6th June 2013 at 09:10.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

+320% xp is useless cause of XP cap..

Cant believe you really ask for the CRAP halloween event rewards.
    In general i get feeling u against any change,...

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    +320% xp is useless cause of XP cap..

Cant believe you really ask for the CRAP halloween event rewards.
    In general i get feeling u against any change,...
    Thankfully, the experience was made optional. What is the cap on experince increase (I never bothered with using it)?

I love a lot of changes in the game: how the destiny quests were changed, how the faction quests in Khitai were changed, how T3.5 was added, 200 Funcom points per month, the new PVP map (JS), new PVP levels (from 1-5 to 1-10), the new Dragon Spine area and its text, AAs trees added back in 2010, etc. (I can go on and on); and it is absolutely the best game, fortunately or unfortunately, based on the works of my favorite writers, with the best community ever.
    And if I had a lower lag, I would anticipate the next PVP map!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 6th June 2013 at 09:48.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    What is the cap on experince increase (I never bothered with using it)?
    basically, when you kill a mob, you cannot get more xp than a certain threshold, that is based on your level. more or less, the limit is what you would get killing a mob 4-6 level above yours. i never bothered to check the exact limit...
    and it's not something you can decide to use or not to use...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    it's not something you can decide to use or not to use...
    I was thinking about Blessing of Asura and Veteran potions.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Ah again "Please dont change anything cause i want to kill people in blue gear and no AA, and because i am veteran i should be more powerful than most people" post.
    im looking forward to cross servers mini games, there is one pvp 9 hox that i would target just to show him how hox is best class for pvp

I was thinking about Blessing of Asura and Veteran potions.
    the cap is still there and is not changed by the xp pots...
    in fact those pots are only useful if you kill mobs at your level or lower...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

The only issue with the AA giveaway for me was that I ended up deleting a lvl 59 demo which I made for lowbie pvp (and hadn't played in a long time since I can't find them anyway) which would have been at a disadvantage for lowbie pvp with only having the 5 or so AA points from earlier promotions.

Since I didn't use her anyway now I am rolling up a baby ranger which is the only class I don't have an eighty with.

40 AA points = 1 month of timing AAs. The big point with this new AA situation is that people can get AAs while leveling up, so when they do reach lvl 80 they can have 79 AA points already which ends up being just short of two months of timing AAs and gives new players a boost on starting a new 80.

Works for me.

While some of Europeans can still play PVP with a slightly increased response from the server, the previous players from Rothat and Two Eagles see minigames, open-world fights, and duels as a teleportation horror from the weirdest dreams after reading Lovecraft's "The Silver Key".
    I don't really get what you are trying to say...So no, I don't agree with neither of your points.

Except the quoted text which anyway might not be exactly true. I'm former Two Eagles PvP server player and well, I wouldn't say that my PvP experience is as fluent and comfortable as it used to be when servers where located in EU, though it is not as bad as you described it.

I'd say that I'm quite limited by latency but still I know what I'm doing and I could teach couple folks how to do it xD