Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Well like I said, I just copied the info from an email from marketing.

The german translation is correct - it is every char at level 80 on the account of any premium subscriber.
    The difference (like Manticor said) seems to me too in what you posted (or cited from the mail: "every member with a lvl80 will get 40-80 AA points") and what Tarib wrote (both forum announcements in english and german say now: "all lvl 80s on any membership accounts").

Giving only 80s the additional AA, will keep the low level AA inbalance (though it will help with the gap of old 80s without much AA) and means quite a different thing than giving 40-80 AA points accountwide where the player can choose to whom and how to distribute (with good or bad points). I have not suggested the "lvl-1" once (according to the introduction date of the script) application of AA to everyone without reason and i hope you see now, that it was NOT for selfish reasons.

Still: This is NOT a "complaint, qq or whine" (tm), but i hope it illustrates the point further up about communication and from others about feeling "tricked" (for example people who resubbed because of their low level chars must rejoice now). And clarifying this (but i guess you kind of did just that further up ) will help a lot with the decision, if people use offline levels now before the 29th or not (the lower the char level, the less stress though). I am also not blaming you for citing or Tarib for posting as he did, but something obviously went wrong there on your side...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th May 2013 at 10:46.

Can you find out if it's the 29th or the 30th? I need to hurry and level to 80 and I'm wondering how much time I have.

Default hmm...

Does this mean that anyone that was 41-79 when the free AA's were added, and cannot reach 80 by the 29th, will end up 40 AA points less than everyone else?, and that they should re-roll to not be behind the new people who were behind to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    There have been a lot of people asking about the AA pts change and the exclusion of older characters from this deal.

We have had an internal discussion about this and decided to reward our loyal veterans as well as those fiery new players who show incredible enthusiasm for the game. Without further ado:

"By Thursday the 29th of May we will give every Member with a level 80 character 40 AA points for free. 50 days later we will follow up with 40 extra AA points to everyone who is active and has a level 80 character as well!"

Consider this our final gift in relation to the 5th anniversary of Age of Conan, and thank you all for taking part and continuing to make Age of Conan a truly remarkable game!
    correct me if im wrong,if i recently used free level 50 toons and offline level it to 80, i get 80, and from this final gift, i could also get another 80 aa, which means i get 160 aa in total? is that right?

Default Thx for this change

I read this and got really hyped. Reducing the gap (even if 80 points is a minor reduction) between newcomers and veterans is a step in the right direction. Now just add some permanent way to get a about 80 aa when leveling as a "standard system" in the game to even more reduce the threshold.

And to show my support for actions like this i re subbed for three months after long absence as a premium customer.

Even though i wont play anything before you implement GW2 style mini games i think voting with my wallet is the best way to show appreciation.

Btw, everyone is talking about 80 aa for the anniversary, how do one get those? Or have i missed out on something?

Quote Originally Posted by bslsb View Post
    correct me if im wrong,if i recently used free level 50 toons and offline level it to 80, i get 80, and from this final gift, i could also get another 80 aa, which means i get 160 aa in total? is that right?
    159 to be precise ;-) if you used your free level 50 toon very recently. I got 79 aa for my instant lvl 80 which I created yesterday. If you don't have the 79 aa now, you created your toon too early...

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by norisak View Post
    Can you find out if it's the 29th or the 30th? I need to hurry and level to 80 and I'm wondering how much time I have.
    It is the 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by leethall View Post
    Does this mean that anyone that was 41-79 when the free AA's were added, and cannot reach 80 by the 29th, will end up 40 AA points less than everyone else?, and that they should re-roll to not be behind the new people who were behind to start with?
    Man, now let us not get picky. The number of characters in that situation not belonging to veteran players will be... small. And veteran players have means to fix that perceived imbalance under most circumstances. Only difference will be for low character level high pvp levels minigame twinks. But seriously... a drop of water shouldn't complain the river goes the wrong way.

Kudos guys. its about time you consider your loyal vets in your rewards programs.

Good job letting us have some AA's as well, its nice to see some love for us old vets and not just the new blood.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast