Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to make T3,5 relevant again?

Default How to make T3,5 relevant again?

My suggestion:
    Copy/paste from suggestions thread.

[PVE]
    Add one dragon tear to boss two and two dragon tears to boss number three in House of Erlik raids.
    Add T4 urns to all of the House of Erlik raid bosses.

Comment:
    The T3,5 raids are visually impressive and good fun. The problem is that nobody is running them anymore. These suggestions will make it lucrative to start doing them again. I do believe that the difficulty of the bosses justifies the suggested loot improvements.

Copy/paste finished

What do you think fellow raiders. Could this work?

I think Marlekin's suggestions are the closest i want for Erlik's temple.

Adding Dragon's tears won't change anything since Memory Cloud piñata and Entity give better and are both easier and less frustrating.

Oh, and there's already a T4 archetype urn for each boss.

But tbh, T3.5 Erlik is not even in low priority so don't expect anything about it before... well... don't expect anything at all. ^^

I have read the linked post and Marlekins suggestions are all good. But they are costly to implement and they do little to boost the motivation to spend your time there. Except removing 50% of the trash that is a must

To get people back to the temple the rewards must also be improved and dragon tears are a nice way of doing it without messing with other loot. I love the looks of the T3,5 armor btw. The fullplate is all kinds of awesome and the medium armor (Which I have close to a full set of) is also strangely cool.

Funcom has limited resources and needs to keep as much as humanly possible of their content relevant. This is easy. Why not do it. Worst case scenario is that it continues to be ignored.

These aren't loot improvements for many people at all.

Most people don't need much in way of dragon tears unless they're soldiers, so that wouldn't make me interested.

Already Erlik gives urns.

The armor and weapons as a whole sucks compared to T4, and some cases even T3, and there's no accessories dropping.

Sure Erlik is a nice instance, but it's screwed for a few reasons. HoC even more so, but that wasn't really designed as a progression raid anyway.

I think it would be better to
    1) revamp stats on sets(make it at level of t4 but with different stats like it is now: priest set t3.5 have no HR but have lot of wisdom, so just give bit more wisdom to be on the level of dragon set from t4)
    2) give some constitution to weapons

t3.5 as much hard as most of t4 bosess so ofcaorse reward should be equal, and FC already have cool looking model for gear here so just need to adjust stats.

p.s. would be best if also FC will make 12 ppl version with old gear reward. But i dont think it real for now.

T3.5 is dumb. Tiers do not work that way. It and its items should either be nerfed into another T3 or buffed to another T4. Or even a T5 so it might even look like people who bought Turan gets something exclusive.

Again, something cannot have a fractional tier. This is dumb. At the very least it should be T4 and bump Jade Citadel into T5.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    and bump Jade Citadel into T5.
    Jade Citadel is t3 now.
    ToE is t4 even if ppl saying something else.

Yeah, kinda, but the loot ain't "t4" at all:/

I like the idea of alternative stats vs t4 (rather than overall poorer or overall better), for example constitution on weapon, protection on armours etccc.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Upgrade T3.5 loot to T5 or whatever the new raid will be, and pair it with it (Palace of Cetriss), ie; it would be considered like BRC, so both instances make up T5 (or whatever we're going with) since Cetriss was said to only have 3 bosses.

It's not my favourite idea, but it's the easiest way to make Erlik relevant and also justify the fact that the difficulty is far beyond T4. Would also get past the fact that Cetriss will not be a full raid (unless those plans have changed which I doubt).
    You know, that's not an outrageous idea. With not many bosses in Erlik, and supposedly not many in Cetriss, pairing them sounds interesting. As you say though, it'd need loot adjustments. Plus, the gear is going to be different - how would the sets gel? (The armor sets bonus's thing too - if that even exists) And no doubt people that have been doing Erlik would complain they've been killing bosses there and now the loot changes - they've missed out, etc. On the surface it sounds ok, but a number of issues would need to be handled right. Something has to be done though. I would love to do 3.5, but do you think we can get people away from t4? For inferior loot? (Just like Lurker too) Fat chance.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    And no doubt people that have been doing Erlik would complain they've been killing bosses there and now the loot changes - they've missed out, etc.
    Screw them. They can go kill those priests again for new T4 or T5 loot. Or just replace existing T3.5 items they already have with improved T4-T5 versions. It's all a bunch of pixels anyway, who cares? (dumb people, that's who)

Pairing Erlik with Cetriss would be a problem though. While a brand new tier with 6 bosses sounds good, there's no way Persian styles of Turan will mesh with Egyptian styles of Stygia.

There's also the problem of Turan being sold seperately from Dragonspine. Man, T3.5 gets more and more crappy the more you think about it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast