Sometimes it will be in the form of a driver crash, or complete computer lockup with nothing but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee coming from the speakers needing a reboot. Here are two very good solutions to the problem. I have an xps so I went to dell, and funcom for support. Here's what I got back.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Funcom customer support!

It appears that you are using a system most likely equipped with Nvidia Optimus. This is a technology that allows dual-video chipsets using Intel-Core GPUs and dedicated Nvidia chipsets to swap on the fly for optimal power consumption. The downside of this system is that it is known to not correctly detect game that work through launcher programs. You can force the chipset you desire to run with global settings in the Nvidia Control Panel.

- Right-click your desktop, and open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click "Manage 3D Settings" on the left.
- Be sure you are inside of the Global tab.
- For the Global Presets drop-down, be sure that you have "Base Profile" selected.
- Use the drop-down underneath that to select "High-Performance Processor".
- Hit "Apply" at the bottom-right.

You may also wish to setup individual programs for the games executable files to force the to run on the desired chipset.

And from dell;

Hi gcustoms,

All games in General and Age of Conan in particular need good graphics capability. Sometimes faulty graphics card drivers can cause the games to lag or freeze. As a first troubleshooting step I would recommend uninstalling and then re-installing the Video Drivers in the computer and check. If the issue persists, try to uninstall and then re-install the game.

Do reply with results.

So there you have it, two very simple and completely effective ways of stopping your driver from crashing on you. especially during these events.