Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funcom why you do this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Herath13 View Post
    Shut up with the qq.. delete and reroll if it's so bad. takes about 5 days to get to level 80 with normal playtime.
    and re-buy the item shop stuff that we bought for those characters??

and spend more sub money doing what we already did??

I'm sure this is what Funcom would like us to do, but...I'm not buying it...so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    and re-buy the item shop stuff that we bought for those characters??

and spend more sub money doing what we already did??

I'm sure this is what Funcom would like us to do, but...I'm not buying it...so to speak.
    If a toon is that gimp to need item shop gear I can't imagine it's much of a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Herath13 View Post
    If a toon is that gimp to need item shop gear I can't imagine it's much of a loss.
    there's a lot more stuff in the shop than gear.

the point remains, money was spent on those characters. Paid sub time was spent. This is an investment that a customer shouldn't be expected to simply discard.

Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    there's a lot more stuff in the shop than gear.

the point remains, money was spent on those characters. Paid sub time was spent. This is an investment that a customer shouldn't be expected to simply discard.
    No one expects you to discard anything. The fact of the matter is that this change in subscription didn't affect characters who had any amount of levels before the change went into effect. It is your choice as a player how you play the game, what you buy in the game shop, whether you re-roll or not. No one expects you to do any of those things. You will do with your game time and your characters whatever you see fit to do.

Funcom is giving us what we asked for - a way to balance the gap between new 80s and vet 80s.

If you feel neglected because your current 80s didn't get them, then you are looking at this subscription enhancement the wrong way.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

i think they should of given the new 80 the 80 aa points upon reaching 80. Then it would not of effected any lowbie characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    No one expects you to discard anything. The fact of the matter is that this change in subscription didn't affect characters who had any amount of levels before the change went into effect. It is your choice as a player how you play the game, what you buy in the game shop, whether you re-roll or not. No one expects you to do any of those things. You will do with your game time and your characters whatever you see fit to do.

Funcom is giving us what we asked for - a way to balance the gap between new 80s and vet 80s.

If you feel neglected because your current 80s didn't get them, then you are looking at this subscription enhancement the wrong way.
    If Funcom thinks that it is perfectly fine to treat existing customers, and their characters as second class then they are looking at customer service the wrong way.

I think I have illistrated quite clearly in my posts about this matter in this thread and others why this current situation is a serious problem. I have even offered some solutions.

AS I said, I will simply wait until the end of this billing cycle to see if it is taken care of. If so, great. If not then I will spend my money where my business is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    i think they should of given the new 80 the 80 aa points upon reaching 80. Then it would not of effected any lowbie characters.
    Yes, that would also be a nice solution.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darknessjw
    Joel is taking good time to explain everything and its 100 % clear and not unfair at all
    Some of you sound like kids who whine if you don't get that "red bike" lol

But in AoC you can get that "red bike", just roll new alt and let him be nine year old

Giving AAs for old characters would be whole different thing, no where is info that you get it. Just new characters get it, not new players, BUT characters with sub

There is no difference between new player and old player, both of you get them if you make new character, again, not player
    Finally, this post just saved bunch of my free time so that i don't have to write exactly the same thing. Clear and straight to the point explanation, if someone can't understand it after this post then just lol.

Nusquam did it right, if old characters get 80 or whatever aa points how does that help new characters? ONLY NEW CHARACTERS should get boost so that they could be COMPETITIVE with OLD characters in my opinion. Yes i would like o get 80 AA points on all my chars regardless of character creation date but i doubt that would help new characters. Old characters are competitive as it is + you can always level a new char and get thous 80 aa so i can't understand why all this drama in several threads about same lousy 80 aa points......Some people react like its 800 and not 80. /*facepalm*

Their frustration is over an alternative character they created by using account privileges like free lvl 50 and offline levels. So, they spent those options and did not get the AA. In this case, I dont give a f*ck tbh.

Personally I am no fan of either, I believe a character should start on Tortage Beach, and get level 80 when turning in Quests for group instances at level 80. Free level 50 characters is trivial at best, unless you already played that class so you know something about it. I am tired of explaining people that join T3 raids or HM groups about how many crowd controls they have, what rank of heals or buffs they have, and other class specific things they are missing.

Getting 80 AA points will get the characters the AA needed for HM groups. But it will not show them how to play their characters! For that, they need time and interest in selfdevelopment.

On the other hand, the players with PvP at level 39 or 59 that has bought shop items, I understand their frustration. However, it is not like some DT level 59 can get VoM. You need to be level 80 for archetype and class AA. They can get Decisive or Pressing strikes ranked 5, and a few % resistance. Not a big deal either.
    Last edited by Buyten; 27th May 2013 at 06:37.

Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner78 View Post
    i made this char´s special for level 39 minigames and not for go up to level 80 !
    i pay money for some shop items and expertise earn 0 points !????
    I didn't get the laughable QQ on this but now we're getting closer to the heart of the matter. So you're a credit card warrior owning new FTP players in low level PvP with your item shop gear. Clearly you deserve to get those AAs

Seriously, the only thing that is bad about this move is that it may give too much of an advantage to vets who have dedicated alts for low level minis. This goes against the idea of opening up the levelling process to ftp. But from a vet point of view, there's no reason to be upset.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast