Thread: Random Crashes?

Default Random Crashes?

Starting just today I've been randomly crashing out of game and then immediately getting the "failed to authenticate" error even before having the opportunity to log back online.

It absolutely is not my internet connection (I'm playing from work, which has steady high-speed business class wireless).

Am I the only one and, what gives?

Edit- Also, when I finally can log back on, my character can't run. I have to drain all of their energy and make them get the exhausted debuff before the "run" mechanic will work again. Wtf?

That behaviour happens a lot when you crash (or close down aoc the hard way). It is some serverside feature.
    Sometimes it helps to relog into another account and back or another char (if it affects just one char). In worst case you will have to wait 15-20 minutes.
    The energy bug might lag related. I had it a few times too, usually when i was shift+move when the game lagged or crashed. It should go away by zoning, mounting/dismounting or waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Edit- Also, when I finally can log back on, my character can't run. I have to drain all of their energy and make them get the exhausted debuff before the "run" mechanic will work again. Wtf?
    If you hide and unhide, or mount and dismount the energy bug will go away also.

Well, the energy bug is just kind of a, "huh, that's weird."

The real concern is the 90ms suddenly spiking to 4000+ ms followed by frozen game, followed by crash, all of which I'm sure is not coming from my side. :P

Another way to fix the energy bug is to use "Active Blocking" commonly referred to as "Active X" default x key. The DCs and crashes just seem to happen.