Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necro AA Supreme Lich Or ?

Default Necro AA Supreme Lich Or ?

Hey guys,

Im playing mostly a pet necro. I have the SL since it was finished when i stopped playing a year ago.

Im wondering if i should try some of the other AA the wraith or the 6-8 pet.

Or even go for 2 upgrades for ice strike.

Any opinions?

SL does do insane damage and very nice buffs just wondering if any of the others are viable builds.

Thanks

I tried the ice strike upgrade, but it actually seems to be a bad tradeoff (the additional damage is not worth the cast time increase, imo)...one point was ok, but the difference one to three points was feelable.

Even tried the apprentice...and it does 300-400 damage per hit and mimics actually some spells...but you will have no pets with it (that apprentice looks like a t1 geared necro). I think you will miss your other pets and the flexibility there.

When i don't want the lich form i just go for the withered life strike and some other without drawbacks. From my experience all the necro AAs with drawbacks are not worth it

Necro AA will probably be updated in the upcoming mage revamp. The class will probably be redesigned also, some new spells, removal of some crappy ones, and a new layout of feat trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Necro AA will probably be updated in the upcoming mage revamp. The class will probably be redesigned also, some new spells, removal of some crappy ones, and a new layout of feat trees.
    that be cool

Upcoming rewamp.. Well... The rewamp is not coming yet. Hopefully it comes during this year...

Anyways, back to topic. Supreme Lich is good untill you get good gear with lots of int. Int gear with the aa crit int thingy and chilling breath is very good, eventhough it has a 1 sec longer cast-time. but you need all 5 points on CB. And there isnt anything that is good with that perk.

So if you dont have 5 points in CB go for Lich. Also max out the aa crit int thingy in the middle tree.

The other aa perks in the necro tree isnt worth using. I use CB together with the Lifestrike dot, but I could have left nothing in the other slot, since it doesnt improve anything. There is no need to put points in any of the other perks in the bottom tree beside CB and Lich.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

I use Chilling Breath and Decays of Nature, 5/5 in both.

I'd go back to Supreme Lich if they'd fix the animation so it's just a aa buff, not where you look like a meth addict clown.

Funcom, when you do Necro revamp, PLEASE get rid of the Supreme Lich form so people can wear their vanity gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I use Chilling Breath and Decays of Nature, 5/5 in both.

I'd go back to Supreme Lich if they'd fix the animation so it's just a aa buff, not where you look like a meth addict clown.

Funcom, when you do Necro revamp, PLEASE get rid of the Supreme Lich form so people can wear their vanity gear.
    That is exactly what I wanted to write.

Regarding damage output, neither Supreme Lich nor Chilling Breath / Decay make all that much of a difference. I've played with both, and with both skills you can do more damage than viable / necessary in most encounters. So, in my opinion, it depends more on how you like to play: crazy clown optics with semi-fast Ice Strikes or normal, customizable optics with ultra slow Ice Strikes.

Note 1:
    The most noticeable effect of Chilling Breath is, btw., not an megazonkic increase in damage, but a reduction in mana use. +50% cast time means less casts means less mana used.

Note 2:
    As a non-pet necro with +800 magic damage from DtS, Chilling Breath should become better, as it improves the scaling.

They have omited mentioning Mage update in all the recent chats. So am thinking its not happening anytime soon if at all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    They have omited mentioning Mage update in all the recent chats. So am thinking its not happening anytime soon if at all anymore.
    Yeah, I'm not expecting the revamps at all this year.

Better luck in 2014.

For PvP I tend to go Supreme Lich, DTS and no pets. I will occasionally load up Nightmare Companions just in case I need the wraiths to wail on those pesky sins and rangers while I run away. But then again I am the worst PvP necro ever with all the wrong gear.

For PvE I spec out the ability to summon the 4pt Blood Arcanists without the need of a shackled heart. With two of them giving up their own life to heal me automatically I rarely have to use a heal potion. Plus they decrease the targets unholy protection which of course makes my unholy spells a bit more potent.

Depending on the fight, I'll summon melee pets but that is very rare.

Nightmare apprentice is pretty much useless in my opinion. My two arcanists put out more DPS than the 8 pt apprentice. And they automatically heal me.
    -There are things in the deep desert that could not be imagined even in the nightmares of a thousand madmen.-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast