Thread: Feat Trees

Default Feat Trees

So Ranger Feat Trees seem boring compared to some of the other classes.

Sell me on them?

(Also, if leveling from 1, what are some feats a player should shoot for first?)

i would go for scatter shots 1st, to have the column damage on pen. shot...

after that, you can either go down on the waylayer tree and get booby trap, barbed arrows and piercing wounds or start to go on the sharpshooter tree and get eagle eye, 1 point in shield bash, master trapper and leghold trap...

btw, the questing spec i use at lvl 80 is this...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I guess what's so off-putting is that it seems like most of the good stuff is tied to Advantage Abilities, which means you're stuck waiting on CDs for a bunch of your feat investments?

there are some things to take into account:

- your dots can hit pretty hard, especially if you feat the damage increase
    - with scatter shots feated, pen shot is a cone damage, so if you line up your targets and hit the one further, you'll hit all of them for a good amount of damage
    - if you have master trapper, you'll get a nice boost to weapon damage, that also applies to melee combos
    - the better advantages for questing are the ones that do burst (shattering and fire), but you don't have to wait to have them off cd to make a new pull, unless you're fighting very hard mobs
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)