Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Premade???

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    This has been my point in numerous threads about Fury and Rage. Those servers lack the player base to create an infrastructure for new players. Newer players starting on those servers work with the worst blue gear possible. Their only option outside using real money for store bought pvp items is to get demolished in about 100 minis before they get close to PvP 4-5. They can join the Festival week and get wasted there as well, and maybe a handful experience more, but it's still the same. Players which could become good get frustrated, no serious pvper is going to accept losing 100% of the time, and we lose players who could have contributed to the server. The very few established veterans on those servers will never invite a fresh player in blues, and these people end up playing solo or in terrible new player guilds which can't barely leave White Sands PvP.

At least on Crom, you can get better k6 blue gear and even purples and get carried through pugs, you can get t1/t2 pve gear and be somewhat more competitive than someone in epic kesh blues on fury. Little more than that, being in a guild doesn't really matter. You now join guilds for DKP and crafting/pots, owning a BK is next to worthless now. There is not a reason to be in a strictly pvp guild outside a common chat channel. If BK were worth more, if acquiring the next tier of pve gear meant something in PvP, then guilds would become competitive again outside stolen strat drama or some stupid DPS Parse. Without those things, pvp is really meaningless. No rivalry anymore, no more PvP NAP drama, I think many people put aside the short comings of the AoC pvp system for all that player driven content that made servers like Tyranny great during their prime. This is why I am such a big advocate for Crom, you can at least get the gear and AA there to be competitive, even if just marginally.

Just not enough people play anymore to really create any of that, and the newer players get chewed up with an outdated pvp system which really only benefits the veterans, and very few of us make any noise about how it really is.
    Whatever happened to the rumors that there was going to be a massive server merge and they were going to use some sort of flag system to have world PvP? That sounded interesting to me.

From an outsider's perspective, I can say this much: I've tried getting into PvP on Crom as a player who has all the access to grinding gear and such, and it has been hard enough. I can only imagine what it is like on the PvP servers outside of White Sands PvP, which I actually found to be rather entertaining for a while. The difficulties come in many forms, from unbalanced minis where my team will lose every time because I am simply not as good as everyone else in the mini and so end up going ridiculously negative and am told to go /hide in a corner, to the fact that getting PvP gear is rather ridiculous, to the point where guilds will try to use tournaments or whatever to grind for tokens among themselves faster by guaranteeing a win for everyone involved (play two minis per map, one side quits while other side runs flag, then switch). Getting actual practice to get good at my class for PvP is also very difficult unless I join a guild that has access to Khemi arena or else try to find friends outside the guild to go bash my head against in the border kingdoms until some roaming pure-PvP guild camps us until we log off. Finally, AAs create a further imbalance unless I am using the timer to slowly grind out the PvP AAs I need, since I cannot get the PvP experience to level up AAs that others have as an advantage over me.

This all adds up to a system where basically I cannot get good enough with the class that I enjoy to be able to do anything meaningful in PvP. I know friends newer than me to the game who have successfully gotten into PvP, and I say more power to them. Nowadays if I really want PvP, I just do another game, which is not ideal because I love this game. This is on Crom. I am surprised to hear that Fury and Rage still have members, but I suppose the attractiveness of the open world there means something to some people.
    "A wise old man once said 'You must find the way'. And I have found it. It is exceedingly simple. I will chop off your head. Then you too will know the way." - Diary of a Khitan Madman

Age of Conan Roleplay Community

"Whatever happened to the rumors that there was going to be a massive server merge and they were going to use some sort of flag system to have world PvP? That sounded interesting to me."

It was only something players had wanted. Funcom has never said anything about it. We don't know if it is even possible. Years ago Funcom did talk about cross server technology, but that seems to be dropped.

At this point it seems that at best Funcome will eventually allow transfers off of Rage, but other wise will do nothing for the PvP situation on the PvP servers.

Seems like these last... hmmmh 3 years... there's been the same excuse to do nothing: not enough people. It's depressing to hear that every where 24/7, it's draining energie. PvP is a social activity it should require organisation but who would want to bother when all you hear around is doom-saying.

Don't you have enough ? Haven't you written and said all of that more than enough times these last few years ? Almost feels like copy/pasting old posts. Put a tenth of the time spent doom-saying in actually trying to create stuff and Fury would be a terrific place with lots of activity despite low pop. And with something to do other than jumping around in khemi waiting for the next frustrating pug population would surely grow at least a little.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Ok doing something as Vehl requested,

NW can provide premade or group for open world pvp as rivals almost any day in evenings :> Feel free to contact NW ppl for that :>
    Cripples gonna cripple

If you see some Taco online, you can tell us, we enjoy open pvp Dont hope high skill, we are just older players that just log on each few months to do some open pvp xd

Quote Originally Posted by Gomm-2 View Post
    If you see some Taco online, you can tell us, we enjoy open pvp Dont hope high skill, we are just older players that just log on each few months to do some open pvp xd
    My respect grandpas
    Had a pretty nice fight together with taco all stars vs vendetta +randoms when khopshef WB was up
    Was pretty evenly matched until it got from 6vs9 to 6vs12(+) ^^
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Gomm-2 View Post
    You guys are actually quit good. I'll try get a vendetta premade up as well. Contact me when u guys got enough online. Best is during wb week i guess since most ppl play in those weeks....

Default Pfff...

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Well, PvP in AoC is rather dead.

And it's not like there was any chance for the PvP population to grow. I mean, any newbie get destroyed in mini, just because they join with blue gear and can't survive 2 seconds.
    So they check how to get PvP gear, and see the only way is to get farmed in minis for weeks, or spend a ridiculous amount of cash to get the gear from the shop.

Seriously, PvP in AoC is just a bad deal. It's normal the population died.

All in all, to get some PvP action, one is better off in other games. Funcom is just bad at PvP designs, they killed it in TSW too.

Barphf..and Paaahh... You can make pvp lvl 4 in 1 week if you are dedicated and play minis and world pvp for a week.

Pvp lvl 4 (T1) gear is basicly the same as pvp T2 gear... Pvp T3 gear is a bit better than T2 gear for most classes...(Soldier Pvp T3 gear is not an upgrade vs T2 pvp gear)

If you cant stand being a punching bag for a week then go play Tetris. After a week of playing pvp you should be pvp lvl 4 or close, and should be able to compete against high lvl pvp players.

I even made pvp 0-10 in 15!!! days using pvp ring/pvp food and indemnitys...so its not a 2 year farm as many people say to pvp 0-10.

Gear is not all in this game. If you are a good player, then gear doesn't count that much..

[QUOTE=Beggar;2130450
    Gear is not all in this game. If you are a good player, then gear doesn't count that much..[/QUOTE]

Ping is the biggest problem in this game. Then AA's.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast