Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CROM] Wavebreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    if you can't raid, there is another option, a lot easier to get than t3 crafted, the wolves bow: howl of the pack...
    or, if you want a bow with +5 range (that can even get +9, if you use the right gem), you can buy snaketongue*...

* i tried to look for its stats, but I've not been able to find them, sorry
    Thank you for the information.
    But I hate Khitai, and I won't grind 735 Mark of Acclaim, 147 Rare Trophy, 12 Gold for a bow that looks utterly horrible.

I currently have The Solar Winds, since a -while- back, but that bow looks utterly horrible as well. Cusp of the Heavens looks even worse.

I'm not sure where to start though, when it comes to grinding for the Wavebreaker. Is there a guide anywhere, because I have googled it, and I can't find one.

The link (Google Docs) of mats earlier posted in this thread, simply makes me confused. Could someone just make it into steps?

Example:

To make the Wavebreaker I would need;

1, 1 Pteor's Flight (Crafted/Drop/Instance?)
    - Materials needed?

2, 1 Shaped Greenwood (Crafted/Drop/Instance?)
    - Materials needed?

3, 1 Cromite Ingot (Crafted/Drop/Instance?)
    - Materials needed?

4, 1 Atlantium Ingot (Crafted/Drop/Instance?)
    - Materials needed?

5, 100 Fine Bowstring Fiber (Vendor?)

If someone would be kind enough to correct/adjust the small example above, to get a better overview, I'll be eternally grateful.

Much love,
    /Asfrid

i updated my previous post with a link to a spreadsheet with all the info you need...
    i post it here again for semplicity: link

but... the grinding needed for wolf's bow is like 1/100 of what you need to get the mats for a t3 crafted, especially if you can't raid to get the shards...

probably, the easiest option is snaketongue...
    i don't know what's the price for it now, but i bought mine at trader for more or less 3 golds...

ps: if you want to see how snaketongue looks ingame, you can go to the entrance of khesh and look at twinkle...
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 22nd May 2013 at 08:34.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    but... the grinding needed for wolf's bow is like 1/100 of what you need to get the mats for a t3 crafted, especially if you can't raid to get the shards...
    Tru dat. I'm guessing Asfrid has no idea yet.

I've bought over 20 faction items, yet I wouldn't farm a T3 craft. Why? Because you get faction/dungeon tokens by killing mobs with your friends - I consider this fun, core of the game. Getting T3 craft is sad, lonely shard/mat/gold farm and it's much longer - it's the epitome of grind.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 22nd May 2013 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Asfrid View Post
    Thing is. I can't raid, due to my poor computer. So no Toth for me.
    I have to come up with alternative ways. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Asfrid View Post
    Thank you for the information.
    But I hate Khitai, and I won't grind 735 Mark of Acclaim, 147 Rare Trophy, 12 Gold for a bow that looks utterly horrible.
    So. Let me get this straight. You cant raid, you hate Khitai. What CAN you do in the game then? Farm rough leather outside Khopshef? ^^ Why on earth would you want the most expensive bow in the game then? I can promise you one thing, and that is collecting all that is needed for crafting the bow, takes a lot more time than collecting a puny 147 Rare Trophy and 735 Marks of Acclaim. Honestly - you can do that in three days with no sweat.

Up to you though, however if you buy the weapon to improve your dps, the difference would be neglible on the Wavebreaker vs Howl of the Pack or Legend of Shevatas.

Grinding for Wavebreaker/Krakensbane (and the reason why it is expensive):

You need to be full ranked Alchemist to craft Strange Malleable Alloy, and for that one, you need to buy the recipe from the trader at the room before Thoth Amon. This one also sell the Weaponsmith Recipe for the bow you are after, and you need full rank Weaponsmith to learn it. These items cost Simple Relic III of which you can get from loot or boss kills in T3.

About the Ingots. You need: 10x Shard of Exiled God, 10x Zhamarian bronze, 10x Royal gold, 10x Darksteel, 10x Blackgold, 10x Tumbaga, 10x Purlwire, 10x Aqua Regia, 20x crystaline flux for each of the Ingots you need to craft. Or, that is. You cannot craft both. You can only craft the Chromite Ingot (if you have the recipe), and you need a priest to craft the Atlantium Ingot. You also need a raid with at least four Ibis swords to remove the debuff from the spawning adds at the crafting encounter. You can only craft 1 ingot per raid instance, so either make two raids the same week, or use the same raid for two weeks.

I don't think there are any guilds on Crom that do T3 Crafting on a regular basis, and if they would, only for a trusted guild member.

Getting the Simple Relic III needed to buy recipes, collecting all the ingredients for both ingots, finding a guild where they can craft the weapon for you just out of the blue... You would be lucky to make it happen before new years 2014.
    Last edited by Buyten; 22nd May 2013 at 10:45. Reason: typo

You don't actually have to know anything about crafting (you don't have to be a part of the process at any stage), as long as you'll have:

1) guild that would do it

2) mats/tons of cash

The problem is that crafting the ingots is not that easy and you can't give said guild anything worth the effort - because there's nothing to buy in the game. The only thing that would be worth it, would be mats for another T3 craft

We spent a few months crafting T3 weapons (also for profit) when I was in Black Dragons, but it's a slow process and we eventually gave up after crafting several because there was no real incentive...

I'm sad that you try to tell me it's impossible, try to 'force' other items on me,
    talk above my head and simply insult me by suggesting I'm ignorant.
    Why bother answering a post, if you're only going to be negative about it?

And if so, why not start your own "Yeah, you're so right.."- discussion, in a thread of your own- Instead of hogging mine.
    Or is it you simply have some odd idea of who deserves 'a bow like that', and who doesn't? Feels a little grudging, I must say.

And why would it be a problem, if I get the materials needed, and someone makes a bow for me, with those said materials.
    Are you seriously trying to tell me, that someone would demand payment, for 1 minute of putting the pieces together, if I did all the work, collecting or paying for the materials?
    Or that I would be mistrusted, simply because I ask someone to craft something for me? (When I have the materials)

I'm just going to put my hands over my ears, and sing 'LALALA', until someone Who's not interested in telling me how hard it is comes along and actually gives me an answer to my question, which is;

Quote Originally Posted by Asfrid
    The links (Google Docs) of mats earlier posted in this thread, simply makes me confused. Could someone just make it into steps?

Example:

To make the Wavebreaker I would need;

1, 1 Pteor's Flight (Crafted/Drop/Instance?)
    - Materials needed?

2, 1 Shaped Greenwood (Crafted/Drop/Instance?)
    - Materials needed?

3, 1 Cromite Ingot (Crafted?)
    10x Shard of Exiled God
    10x Zhamarian bronze
    10x Royal gold
    10x Darksteel
    10x Blackgold
    10x Tumbaga
    10x Purlwire
    10x Aqua Regia
    20x crystaline flux

4, 1 Atlantium Ingot (Crafted?)
    10x Shard of Exiled God
    10x Zhamarian bronze
    10x Royal gold
    10x Darksteel
    10x Blackgold
    10x Tumbaga
    10x Purlwire
    10x Aqua Regia
    20x crystaline flux

5, 100 Fine Bowstring Fiber (Vendor?)

If someone would be kind enough to correct/adjust the small example above, to get a better overview, I'll be eternally grateful.
    Try and stay on the topic, thank you.

/Asfrid

Simply put... you are delusional. You will never get the required materials to craft this bow if you don't raid and do not have the patience to get a small amount of rares and moa from khitai. Buy a snaketongue and be done with it. I'm sorry if you don't like hearing the truth but you will realize soon enough if you don't believe me now.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Simply put... you are delusional. You will never get the required materials to craft this bow if you don't raid and do not have the patience to get a small amount of rares and moa from khitai. Buy a snaketongue and be done with it. I'm sorry if you don't like hearing the truth but you will realize soon enough if you don't believe me now.
    I haven't asked for anyone's opinion in obtaining it.

I'm asking for the Cost, Materials and if someone can craft the item and if someone can break down the process in steps.

/Asfrid

Asfrid, you can't just click and get this item - it's similar to Ibis weapons, but harder:

- you need to make 2 ingots

- to make an ingot you need to kill Hathor-Ka in harder mode with extra adds and skills (it's not an easy task for guilds that barely clear T3)

- you need 2 weeks for that because of the lockdown

24 people will have to spend some time to make you this item.

We're not trying to discourage you or offend you, we're just surprised you kick Khitai for being grindy while you want something that requires muuuuuuch more work.

Locked on request.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12