Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Conqs

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Funcom do not follow the rules of + survivability - damage/-survivability + damage.
    Which is good.

I also like very much how conq stands now. I'm so glad Funcom did give us back our damage output.

Now, just need some tweaks on hox, barb and necro, and pvp in AoC might start looking like something interesting.

About people arguing about conq being retarded/easymode/op, just lol at that when you consider those hordes of rangers/sins facerolling all other the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    This is true, however i dont see conqs die much or at all unless they are total noobs with 2 left hands.
    Also you cant argue with conqs being noob friendly. 2 bubles, ret dmg, aoe knock, aoe combos, nice snare, silence...
    I agree with you that pom is very strong class, and in right hand even more powerful than conq for team, but its bit harder to play and you dont see much poms making trouble in mini games like conqs.
    And i do have high pvp conq
    ret dmg doesn't do much anymore... actually takes timing to use effectively against a dt or a sin. barely does anything to other classes.

the aoe kb is real short range but yeah... basically every conq active on test live was begging for that not to be released as is.

aoe combos.... well there is HoFS which if you are using at all as a brute conq in pvp I hope it is just filler. HoFS sucks a fat one. Then there is blood bath which both brute and carnage should use. I personally use the three step variant more often than the two step one, which is tough to call three step combos noob friendly. Same can be said for whirlwind as carnage conq.

Now the bubbles can't be changed at all besides possibly giving oto a visual. It's a pve thing and the bubble use makes or breaks a good pve conq. Personally, I see a brute conq health go up and I'm immediately canceling combo and checking his buffs for oto.

Conqs are extremely powerful all of that being said. Carnage puts out some nasty burst dmg but they are the squishiest of all the soldiers. I think people exaggerate the power of break through though. Normally all break through accomplishes versus competent opponents is giving kb immunity to too many people. Conqs can not land their three step combos before the kb'd people get up and cc back. I think brute is the more OP spec but pretty sure that has something to do with owning a barb t4 sword. I need to do some minis with average weapons to see how it really is.
    Last edited by Erock25; 21st May 2013 at 15:00.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Nonsense. HoX is the DPS class with the lowest survivability of the game, yet it can't kill any class as fast as a conq.
    man, hox has some nasty burst. survivability is low yeah but I know multiple hox mains that will read your post and laugh about it later. in a steam roll match where your team is just mowing down the other side a hox is most likely to come out with the kills.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    A dt crying about conq... that's rich. Sounds like a l2p issue. 5 mins to burn carnage conq down? Exaggerations do not help an argument if you want to be taken seriously.

The only thing that should possibly be changed about soldier archetype is the amount of protection on the pvp pieces.
    DT was my main before they became OP. I also havent played my DT for a long time now because they are also easy mode.

I never said DT was not OP, this thread was about Conqs.... You just sound like somebody thats trying to defend their class because you like being OP.

Don't try to feed me your L2P BS either. I have a Conq, I know what they can do and its easy mode.

I have stated in my other post that ALL soldiers are to OP, not just Conqs so please don't act like I'm only out to get Conqs. They are just the most OP out of the 3 at this time.

I also disagree about the protection being the only issue with soldiers. Try attacking a geared out Soldier with a Barbarian for example. Each combo puts just a little dent in their health. While their combos slams you
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

No offense but ti would like to see you that kind of stuff on fury on prime time =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    DT was my main before they became OP. I also havent played my DT for a long time now because they are also easy mode.

I never said DT was not OP, this thread was about Conqs.... You just sound like somebody thats trying to defend their class because you like being OP.

Don't try to feed me your L2P BS either. I have a Conq, I know what they can do and its easy mode.

I have stated in my other post that ALL soldiers are to OP, not just Conqs so please don't act like I'm only out to get Conqs. They are just the most OP out of the 3 at this time.

I also disagree about the protection being the only issue with soldiers. Try attacking a geared out Soldier with a Barbarian for example. Each combo puts just a little dent in their health. While their combos slams you
    Well the combo cancel revamp screwed over barb, bs, and conq the hardest. BS and conq got a revamp since then but barb has not. I will admit I've seen a huge decrease in top kill barbs since then and the only ones I have seen appear to be running a hybrid spec using some burst from reaver. I think your issue is more about barb being sub par or maybe you need to try new specs if you're still playing zerker/charge/gen spec.

Hox need little reduction on phoenix cloak cool down, barb needs little buff to 2h combo dmg, necro needs duration reduction on ftw, soldier need 15% less protection on pvp gear and I'm happy.

I am not sticking up for my class cause I want it to be OP. Just saw a dt complaining about conq and had to call that out. I actually stopped pvping when I heard about unchained pvp coming because it got too easy and boring with the weapons/aa i got.

man, hox has some nasty burst. survivability is low yeah but I know multiple hox mains that will read your post and laugh about it later. in a steam roll match where your team is just mowing down the other side a hox is most likely to come out with the kills.
    What are you talking about? We probably played against the same hoxes over and over again and their damage was always bad. It's not my fault if people are running with pve gear instead of pvp gear, all classes without protection get killed fast by mages...

I'm not talking about my hox perspective, dude, I've played against hox and conqs with different classes and no way a hox can do more damage than a Conq.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Which is good.

I also like very much how conq stands now. I'm so glad Funcom did give us back our damage output.

Now, just need some tweaks on hox, barb and necro, and pvp in AoC might start looking like something interesting.

About people arguing about conq being retarded/easymode/op, just lol at that when you consider those hordes of rangers/sins facerolling all other the place.
    Life is already unfair enough, you can't give extra benefits to some number of players in a MMORPG, that's why class balance is needed.
    You like it (if you like it you don't even know what competition means imo), that's okay, but the dude over there playing with a barb (paying the same price per month as you btw) do not aprove it.

Well the combo cancel revamp screwed over barb, bs, and conq the hardest. BS and conq got a revamp since then but barb has not. I will admit I've seen a huge decrease in top kill barbs since then and the only ones I have seen appear to be running a hybrid spec using some burst from reaver. I think your issue is more about barb being sub par or maybe you need to try new specs if you're still playing zerker/charge/gen spec.

Hox need little reduction on phoenix cloak cool down, barb needs little buff to 2h combo dmg, necro needs duration reduction on ftw, soldier need 15% less protection on pvp gear and I'm happy.

I am not sticking up for my class cause I want it to be OP. Just saw a dt complaining about conq and had to call that out. I actually stopped pvping when I heard about unchained pvp coming because it got too easy and boring with the weapons/aa i got.
    Yes playing as a barb is indeed hard now that combo cancelling is gone. I think the biggest issue with Barb is that the butcher combos animations are to slow and the damage is not high enough.

I'm still using the Zerker/charge/Gen build. I have tried hybrid before but it just does not seem as strong in group pvp.

It just does not seem right that Soldiers can run around in mini games with high DPS, highest health and highest mitigation. To me if your going to have almost as much DPS as a Rogue or Mage then you should be almost as squishy as one. As it is right now Soldiers have the best of both worlds.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

I understand barbs crying 24/7 since their supremacy disappeared alongside with comboskipping area, although kickass barbs still steamroll everything.

But it's not because barbies lost their god mode that everything else needs to be tuned down.

As a matter of fact, every revamp made the class it was addressing either more powerful or easier.
    The point being to look forward and change classes accordingly and not stare with stubbornness at how it was 5 years ago and cry how it was soooo much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I understand barbs crying 24/7 since their supremacy disappeared alongside with comboskipping area, although kickass barbs still steamroll everything.

But it's not because barbies lost their god mode that everything else needs to be tuned down.

As a matter of fact, every revamp made the class it was addressing either more powerful or easier.
    The point being to look forward and change classes accordingly and not stare with stubbornness at how it was 5 years ago and cry how it was soooo much better.
    Nobody here is crying to have soldiers nerfed for the sake of Barbarians. How is it ok for Soldiers to run arond with high DPS, and the most health and mitigation in the game?
    I'm fine with Soldiers having high damage but they should have to sacrifice to get it.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast