Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Conqs

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Those CC's got much longer CD than HB? So you can CC 4 guys and then 5th and 6th come which you can't CC on demo and on HoX you can :-)
    Please, like thundering flames silence is stronger than Kb's (even aoe one) or stuns.
    Are you really saying HoX is OP in order to satisfy yourself when you **** one with your demo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    "Most classes are OP in the right hands" is not really what the OP was referring to (if I understand him correctly).

The issue is that some classes are more noob-friendly than others, and conq currently stands out in that regard (among melee classes).

If you fail to see how 2 bubbles, crazy debuffing, 360 KB and 360 combos are more noob-friendly than e.g. the higher dps output which DT gets by building VoM stacks, then I really don't what to say.

And yes, this is coming from someone who is rather noobish in PvP. Which was precisely the OP's point - if I'd try to look good in PvP, I'd definitely pick conq
    its interesting how you say "360 combos" yet never mention the fact that casters/rangers dont even have to use combos, bear shammys are all 1 prestep easy to land combos, sins have 2 massive aoe dmg plus a bomb, guards can hit from the other side of the map, hox do nothign but use spells and aoe combos, DT can pretty much 1 shot with there aoe fear and barbs have about 6000 ccs that make peopel feel like they are pinyatas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Please, like thundering flames silence is stronger than Kb's (even aoe one) or stuns.
    Are you really saying HoX is OP in order to satisfy yourself when you **** one with your demo ?
    I don't say HoX is OP. Do you really want it to be? I just say that HoX is viable in minigames (have one as well) and it's not like it's useless.

BTW. HoX got some 360 CC's as well, three if I'm not mistaken?
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

y Hexed did really well in both minies
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    its interesting how you say "360 combos" yet never mention the fact that casters/rangers dont even have to use combos, bear shammys are all 1 prestep easy to land combos, sins have 2 massive aoe dmg plus a bomb, guards can hit from the other side of the map, DT can pretty much 1 shot with there aoe fear and barbs have about 6000 ccs that make peopel feel like they are pinyatas.
    I didn't include casters since clearly casters are more noob-friendly than melees.

As to the rest, sure other melee classes have easy to land combos as well, but none of them has all of the added bonuses of the conq (2 bubbles for survivability, crazy debuffing, very fast 360 KB).

Again, I cannot comment on how relevant these factors are in fights between pro players - you will certainly be more competent to comment on this than I am. All I can say is that these factors make conq pretty noob-friendly these days.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Also interrupt every 5 seconds is rather OP.
    I'll explain you better in that case :

HoX is viable in minigame, like playing with green gear is viable. You can live with that, and even if you are good + lucky with your team and facing a bad team can perform well at killing, flagging, supporting your team and yada yada.

But it's not what it count today. HoX need a buff to be average, to be a decent addition to your team, even in pug mini, even if you're not the best playaz around here.

There's a midway before "op as conq or ranger" and after "below average like atm". It's the goal of the revamp (and "revamp" is not really the word, updating the class to the standarts of 2013 AoC is way better).
    People saying HoX is okay have just met 1 performing hox in their month of gaming (and i don't even mention special situations like Vehl said : minis where your team are stomping other and where HoX can unleash Tongue of Xotli on a cc'd pack of debuffed opponents) and forget all the 99 others which are just easy prey for anything.

But you know, we're on AoC, game by Funcom, a company who can't even fix 6-month old technical issues or 5 months old boss. Since when they have made anything about pvp-balance ? 1 year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    I didn't include casters since clearly casters are more noob-friendly than melees.

As to the rest, sure other melee classes have easy to land combos as well, but none of them has all of the added bonuses of the conq (2 bubbles for survivability, crazy debuffing, very fast 360 KB).

Again, I cannot comment on how relevant these factors are in fights between pro players - you will certainly be more competent to comment on this than I am. All I can say is that these factors make conq pretty noob-friendly these days.
    not all conqs use bubbles etc, for instance im a carnage conq.

also, all classes are noob friendly, there is nothing hard about any class and they are all very easy to learn.

BTW. HoX got some 360 CC's as well, three if I'm not mistaken?
    IF you spec into AoX, it's three. Otherwise, there's only two AoE CC's and one cone CC. And two of the three CC's take FOREVER to cast.

Also interrupt every 5 seconds is rather OP.
    Interrupt isn't that OP considering to use it efficiently you need to trigger it at the right time (during a combo finisher) unlike other CC you can throw whenever you like. When you face a hox, you just need to wait to have interrupt imunity and then you have 20sec to kill him (more than enough...).

However i don't believe hox to be that bad either. It's simply one of those class who in tough minis can't pull it of by playing alone like most class can.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    also, all classes are noob friendly, there is nothing hard about any class and they are all very easy to learn.
    True, but some are easier to play than others (you cant possibly compare BS gameplay with Ranger for example), and others are just way more forgiving even if they are trickier to master (Demo is super easy to play but you mess up once and die a horrible death, DT on the other hand is not as easy as Demo but you can mess up plenty and still manage to make it).

On topic, conq doesnt bother me more than the other 2 soldiers.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast