Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Conqs

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    If you're a clothie and trying to 1 vs 1 a heavy in a mini consider an examination because you must be brain dead.
    Thats one of the issues with soldiers right now, and not just Conqs.

Yes it is completely retarded to focus a Conq, or any other soldier in a mini. They take to long to kill and your better off killing the clothies.

Which leaves them to run around, still doing insane DPS BTW. Killing stuff with little fear of being killed.

I know you play a Conq so I know you will defend the class. I have a Conq too and I never realised how OP they were until I started playing one.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

nah brute conq is not op. i just run in group of 5 to kill my guildmate, did that and managed to run away alive. and i haven't played brute in a looong time.
    full pvp t3 gear and all tools brute have are really to strong

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    Its funny that people say someone is pvp 2 or 0 and do good in minis and not mentioning he is full bb or whatever.
    I saw sin pvp 2 that did great in JS, he topped kills (not sure do i have to mention he was full t4).
    Well to be fair it is possible and you don't need to be that good either, just lucky. I have a screen of my hox, PvP 2, with blue crafted gear some blue khitai loot from dungeons and maybe epic wolf belt plus some random epic hands, that blue crafted sword as weapon (carnage i think is the name) doing 20-0 in a HV with avatar spec.

Yep, sounds awesome... it would obviously be pointless to add the other team was full of stubborn noobs recaping flag on rezpad... We must have made something like 60 kills while they made two or three ...

One mini, it's not what happens the most often and without the complete scoreboard it's hard to know what a 27-2 or a 18-1 means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Class balance is more about its dynamics in relation to one another instead, less about player skill in today's game. We can't ignore the charge kb. Six players can't just wait on the battlefield just so they can wait for the timing to double tap. A charge that refreshes as well as snares and dot tied to their bread and butter combo is also insanely strong compared to all other melee classes.
    Well i don't know how, besides based on other players skill, you can rate classes. Once you agreed every class can shine in PvP it all goes down to something more basic: overall excperience in PvP in all it's forms. S&S guards could be overpowered but i don't see any to make up my mind on that. I do see a few carnage conqs and overall... not too much of a problem.
    Even if you consider that on paper, the core mechanics of one class are better than an other ones mechanics... if it isn't verified on the battelfield i just can't agree.

The most annoying thing with tanks aren't that much their offensive tools but their defensive ones making it pointless to focus them. Brute conq being the worst since most his tools are actually defensive ones. BoA, retaliation and of course the bubbles.
    Carnage doesn't have the same defensive tools, thus i find them much easier to deal with.
    Last edited by Vehl; 22nd May 2013 at 18:48.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well, Carnie Conqs and DTs can both be shut down more easily than Guards or Brute Conqs for sure. But in the end, all soldiers are hard to shut down, while keeping really good damage output and CCs. Btw Conqs also bring group buffs and some healing to the team, don't forget that, DTs or Guards bring very little to their teammates (if you have no Demo and only one healer the DT does bring an additional green heal though).

So in a premade environment I'd definitely try my best to get at the very least one good Conq (Brute or Carnage, both are great) in my team.

IMO Conqs have far more potential than DTs (except the mana drain of course) and Guards. You can find plenty of Guards doing good but that's because the class is super easy to play with the simplest mechanics out there. However there's nothing beyond those simple mechanics - no double bubble + aoe kb + uber debuffs + group buffs + self healing etc. Just a good balance of tankishness and damage with CC resists (if you like rolling dices but Conqs get a good chance to resist root effects as well).

DT is a lot more tricky to play than the two other soldiers and if the opponents are good they usually don't get the chance to shine like Guards or Conqs because of their weapon range and the fact that they rely on VoM. They are monsters in their own way ofc but you mostly see them farm incompetent people in pug minis. In competitive pvp and premades it's quite a bit different really.

That's MY opinion of course but I really believe there is nothing quite as excessive as Conqs atm, even if few people make good use of the potential they have. I feel like adding here that we've had some crazy good Conqs on Fury, but many of them got BORED of their class after the revamp

And yeah I know poms have some serious potential too, but that's another debate and they certainly don't have 15khp and a heavy armour Afaik, poms in full pvp gear aren't THAT op (lack of crit rating maybe?), soldiers in full pvp gear on the other hand... (yes, soldiers are OP as hell even with the crappy pvp weapons, true story)
    Last edited by kalston; 22nd May 2013 at 19:55.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Yes it is completely retarded to focus a Conq, or any other soldier in a mini. They take to long to kill and your better off killing the clothies.
    Which leaves them to run around, still doing insane DPS BTW. Killing stuff with little fear of being killed.

I know you play a Conq so I know you will defend the class. I have a Conq too and I never realised how OP they were until I started playing one.
    You have taken my comment out of context. I never said NOT to focus them, every class needs to be put in check. I said not to 1 vs 1 them with a clothie. If you stay with your team & they over extend 4-6 people focus one person (ANY CLASS) will start getting burned fast. (My main was and has been BARB for the longest. They broke the barb when combo canceling was removed. Barb is most over looked class in the game right now.)
    Back on subject, If you play smart, stay with you team and focus together as a cohesive unit your team will be successful. Every character has a role and a tanks role is to be Tanky(imagine that) and fight clothies. After all, would you want a tank on your team that could NOT push and could not keep the agro of the hardest hitting classes? or would YOU rather be the one being focused while the Tank runs off and hides....(oh that's right you would call them BAD if they did that right?) Nuff said. This is pretty much a case closed.
    #Iwin

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    Comparing to what?

Its the worst of the clothies and the worst of the mages.
    well i hope so, if it were the best of both it wouldnt be very balanced eh?

Every class has enjoyed the sunshine on its arse for a certain amount of time in this game. There are qq threads about every class.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Let's try and keep this on topic and avoid the flaming and trolling of each other. Topics like this are going to create a lot of discussion and bring in different opinions but there's no need to start making personal attacks or references.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

At the end of the day, people will cry regardless. It's what games do best these days.

If conq was nerfed, within a week peopel would be like OMG pom so op needs nerf, 360 aoe combos, massive burst damage, no mana problems like tos, nerf it zomgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

people should just stop crying for a change imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    At the end of the day, people will cry regardless. It's what games do best these days.

If conq was nerfed, within a week peopel would be like OMG pom so op needs nerf, 360 aoe combos, massive burst damage, no mana problems like tos, nerf it zomgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

people should just stop crying for a change imo.
    ^this

and maybe fc would actually work pvp content instead of nerfs (but then again, theres a reason why ppl are rolling conqs...)