Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do XP rewards need to increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    He was PL'd in Northern Grasslands and was the only character being PL'd so he reached the cap with only a 10% XP potion at low levels. While you're at a lower level, the cap is much easier to reach without potions.
    If the toon was being power leveled then the xp gained is set by the higher level character which will decrease the amount of xp gained per kill for the lower level character, if there's more then one high level helping the decrease is more. I have 24 characters and never reached the cap with anything other then 100% xp pots even when I was power leveled which wasn't very often actually I was helped on just 2 of the characters (one was in KK at the valley of the giants). You will always get more xp solo'ing then grouped up and you will never reach the cap against the same level mobs without a 100% xp pot regardless if one is low level or at higher ones. If the mobs are say 1 level lower then you it takes the 100% pot plus a extra 20% gain (10% from another pot and something like the Hyrkanian Headguard of the Warlord which is another 10% which is wearable at level 40 if I remember correctly)to max the xp back out.

Maybe the new potions don't give extra quest XP, but I still have those from RotGS and I'm 99% sure they also apply bonus to quests XP.

Quote Originally Posted by TBird69 View Post
    If the toon was being power leveled then the xp gained is set by the higher level character which will decrease the amount of xp gained per kill for the lower level character, if there's more then one high level helping the decrease is more. I have 24 characters and never reached the cap with anything other then 100% xp pots even when I was power leveled which wasn't very often actually I was helped on just 2 of the characters (one was in KK at the valley of the giants). You will always get more xp solo'ing then grouped up and you will never reach the cap against the same level mobs without a 100% xp pot regardless if one is low level or at higher ones. If the mobs are say 1 level lower then you it takes the 100% pot plus a extra 20% gain (10% from another pot and something like the Hyrkanian Headguard of the Warlord which is another 10% which is wearable at level 40 if I remember correctly)to max the xp back out.
    He went from like lvl 16 to 30 with only 2 or 3 80's in the group killing the lvl 80 or 82 or whatever mobs in NG. I've also had this done multiple times and can vouch that at low levels you reach the XP/kill cap without a double XP potion. Not sure why this is even a discussion though because it's so irrelevant to everything

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Maybe the new potions don't give extra quest XP, but I still have those from RotGS and I'm 99% sure they also apply bonus to quests XP.
    The ones we got with RotGS used to give extra quest xp, but it was ninja changed in one of the patches.

Balacai: Your experience is for sure different from mine as I said even when power leveled at low level I didn't hit the cap until I popped a 100% xp pot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12